Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

129 bugs

135 posts in this topic

Reported this earlier in the first mac version. Its still here.

IF I re-calibrate my Saitek Evo JS and launch, the launch status bar

has "?"word"¿" for each item loading up.... and the selection screen are ALL

?"item"¿. The only thing that works is the esc key.

If I do not re-calibrate JS the system boots up just fine.

Ingame when someone sends a report I get this message or something like this message. ?report.mission¿ instead of "g5jamz has reported a contact" or what ever that mission is. If the contact report is near a flag on the map or person I am unable to approve, instead it try's to select the flag or person on the mission instead of the contact.

Also, why does the "tutorial" screens keep popping up every so often making me deal with it yet again? How do you keep them off?

A question, does Netcode 2 effect Mac players?

How do I turn my mini-map into a compass? and what is the key to hide or bring up the compass?

Where are my co'ordinances read out?

How do I see my packet loss rate I keep hearing ppl talk about?

Netcode 2 works on Mac and shows you the packet loss; however its still considered an experiment.

The ?word? bug is random; anything you do to trigger it that works/doesn't work is merely affecting the randomness and doesn't directly tell us where the real problem is. It's the nastiest kind of bug to track down. It has to do with language support (you see the ?word? when the english lang support has been mistakenly not loaded).

Not sure about the tutorial, its supposed to be turned off for existing players. There is a keyboard command, something like /graduate that forces the setting on or off.

Not sure about the compass, its in the keymapper but I don't remember it. I think you can also click on it.

Coordinates are on the ingame map. Hmm I'll have to check this evening when I play where they are, I never look at em.

Netcode 2 works on Mac and shows you the packet loss; however its still considered an experiment.

The ?word? bug is random; anything you do to trigger it that works/doesn't work is merely affecting the randomness and doesn't directly tell us where the real problem is. It's the nastiest kind of bug to track down. It has to do with language support (you see the ?word? when the english lang support has been mistakenly not loaded).

Not sure about the tutorial, its supposed to be turned off for existing players. There is a keyboard command, something like /graduate that forces the setting on or off.

Not sure about the compass, its in the keymapper but I don't remember it. I think you can also click on it.

Coordinates are on the ingame map. Hmm I'll have to check this evening when I play where they are, I never look at em.

Is the word bug really random? I mean I can recreate it without a hitch by just recalib my JS on call. If I dont recalib Im fine... I cannot go anywhere cause the whole keyboard does not work except the escape key. The word stuff I can see as random ingame, but its not on boot up.

Just because you can repro it on your mac, doesn't help, its a random value which is being accessed and the language code is somehow reacting to it. Finding it is the hard part.

In your case the act of messing with the joystick is changing the random value enough to cause the bug to happen; not doing the recal leaves it as a random value that is harmless. Finding where the random value is -not- being set correctly is what's so hard. It's like solving a murder by eliminating all the people who weren't there.

I've looked at the code and can't see where it could be accessing a random value, but then again its a long bunch of stuff that is new (and certainly to me, I just barely understand what it's doing, this is KFS1's code).

Well color me purple, it is reproducible when you click the settings dialog and then go offline. I found why you get the problem, but Oli will have to take a look as I don't know much about that code.

I have a feeling its a cart before the horse bug, where something is not being setup before it is used under some pathways.

Thanks, stanky

Oh... no another one of these character bugs...

Last night I decided I wanted to get a tow for my 88, first time sense patch....

I hit the hitch button and SHAZAM, no hitch and text response was ui.501.au or something like that and I wont hitch up for the ride.

So I respawned... same deal, so I quit to reboot and tried it again, same deal cannot hitch onto rides. I are the sad:confused:

Oh... no another one of these character bugs...

Last night I decided I wanted to get a tow for my 88, first time sense patch....

I hit the hitch button and SHAZAM, no hitch and text response was ui.501.au or something like that and I wont hitch up for the ride.

So I respawned... same deal, so I quit to reboot and tried it again, same deal cannot hitch onto rides. I are the sad:confused:

Do note that the hitch button is now T not H. T for "tow".

Do note that the hitch button is now T not H. T for "tow".

Yes but I also changed it back to H cause thats what I am used too... matter of fact that was the first thing I looked at in keymap and tried it.

I think I will reset everything back to default again and see if that fixes it.

Make sure you don't have 2 things mapped to H.

BTW it appears that the ?something.silly? bug might be fixable fairly easy. It also appears to make saving the joystick calibration settings not be saved as a side effect.

Make sure you don't have 2 things mapped to H.

BTW it appears that the ?something.silly? bug might be fixable fairly easy. It also appears to make saving the joystick calibration settings not be saved as a side effect.

How then?

I also get the ?word? when loading the game. I also have a Saitek Evo JS, but have not tried to calibrate then reload.

I also get the 1 character name display for those who are in a truck or airplane.

Tencap

iMac 24"

2.8Ghz

4GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

How then?

By a rat coder of course :-) If you have to know, it has to do with xml parsing not being setup early enough in the process. Thus the english strings are not loaded and thus you see the default codes instead of english.

I bet, though haven't tried it, if you pick a different language it might work.

The 1 character (in my case 0 character) display bug might be fixed in .1 although I'll have to check.

I'm now missing cursor after despawn. It is still "there" because I can see its effect if (by chance) I do a rollover of a UI element. But I cannot do anything to make it reappear.

Also, I have been unable to set the icon colors since the beginning of 1.29. The enemy is now black or dark grey, which is odd; others are some reasonable defaults but the black is bad. I've tried recreating configuration files but no success; whatever is in the file is apparently ignored.

im gettin same thing, upon death or despawn my arrow/cursor goes away...the game thinks its still there , i can see tabs on pages lighting up like the arrow is there, but the screen doesnt render it...makes game unplayable :(

Everyone has this bug. It's going to be fixed ASAP. You can use command-q to quit but wait a few minutes before relaunching as the host doesn't know you are gone until it times out.

Another fix to the no-cursor problem is to feel around (cause its just invisible, not gone) and get to the squad tab, double click a squaddie's mission and the cursor reappears once the box pops up to join their mission.

Another problem I've had recently is the despawn timer does not start for several seconds after I press escape. Sometimes when I die, it waits for my health bar to reach zero until "OK" is highlighted for me to despawn.

...Then my cursor disappears...

CURSE YOU PATCHERS!!!! ;)

Another fix to the no-cursor problem is to feel around (cause its just invisible, not gone) and get to the squad tab, double click a squaddie's mission and the cursor reappears once the box pops up to join their mission.

Another problem I've had recently is the despawn timer does not start for several seconds after I press escape. Sometimes when I die, it waits for my health bar to reach zero until "OK" is highlighted for me to despawn.

...Then my cursor disappears...

CURSE YOU PATCHERS!!!! ;)

Occasionally I to have to wait for Health to hit zero to despawn.

Here's a dump from last ctd.

config: 1.29.2,10.5.6, 2x2G5

Process:         World War ][ Online [4732]Path:            /Volumes/Bashful-1b/Local/Local_Applications/Games/Playnet/World War ][ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/World War ][ OnlineIdentifier:      com.playnet.ww2olVersion:         1.29.2 (release) (???)Code Type:       PPC (Native)Parent Process:  launchd [165]
Date/Time:       2008-12-20 19:14:53.675 -0500OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)Report Version:  6
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000004Crashed Thread:  0
Thread 0 Crashed:0   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0027d780 FTBBox::FTBBox(FT_GlyphSlotRec_*) + 10841   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0027bc7c FTCharToGlyphIndexMap::insert(unsigned long, long) + 33722   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0036c188 std::vector, std::allocator >, std::allocator, std::allocator > > >::insert(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator, std::allocator >*, std::vector, std::allocator >, std::allocator, std::allocator > > > >, std::basic_string, std::allocator > const&) + 40843   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00378888 std::map, std::allocator >, phui::ref_ptr, std::less, std::allocator > >, std::allocator, std::allocator > const, phui::ref_ptr > > >::operator[](std::basic_string, std::allocator > const&) + 36684   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00376258 std::map, std::allocator >, memio, std::less, std::allocator > >, std::allocator, std::allocator > const, memio> > >::operator[](std::basic_string, std::allocator > const&) + 135765   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0016a3e0 std::vector >, std::allocator > > >::resize(unsigned long, std::vector > const&) + 132526   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00373bb4 std::map, std::allocator >, memio, std::less, std::allocator > >, std::allocator, std::allocator > const, memio> > >::operator[](std::basic_string, std::allocator > const&) + 36847   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00167194 std::vector >, std::allocator > > >::resize(unsigned long, std::vector > const&) + 3768   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0035fa80 __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > > std::find<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, phui::MessageFilter*>(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, phui::MessageFilter* const&) + 6089   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0035fc24 __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > > std::find<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, phui::MessageFilter*>(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator*, std::vector, std::allocator > > >, phui::MessageFilter* const&) + 102810  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00158700 std::map, std::less, std::allocator > > >::operator[](unsigned int const&) + 41611  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0005a8b4 tagMATERIALPROP::~tagMATERIALPROP() + 729212  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0005a910 tagMATERIALPROP::~tagMATERIALPROP() + 738413  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00269b48 std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 3548414  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00269c80 std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 3579615  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x001a9aa4 std::vector >::push_back(void (* const&)(weapWeapon*)) + 80816  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x002633f8 std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 903617  com.apple.Foundation          	0x94530508 __NSFireTimer + 28418  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x94c469d8 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 296819  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x960c6bc4 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 26420  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x960c69e8 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 41221  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x960c6828 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 8422  com.apple.AppKit              	0x91ccf724 _DPSNextEvent + 59623  com.apple.AppKit              	0x91ccf0dc -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 11224  com.apple.AppKit              	0x91cc8d98 -[NSApplication run] + 73625  com.apple.AppKit              	0x91c9979c NSApplicationMain + 44026  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00002f88 0x1000 + 807227  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00002c8c 0x1000 + 7308

After the no-cursor bug i uninstalled wwiionline, and now a day or two later, i go back to the website to download the full mac version, but the download doesnt work. it just doesnt start downloading, the link doesnt work

can anyone help? INNEED TO PLAY:D!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0