Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

129 bugs

135 posts in this topic

CTD today flying with no ground or air units near.

imac 3.06.

Process:         World War ][ Online [254]Path:            /Applications/World War ][ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/World War ][ OnlineIdentifier:      com.playnet.ww2olVersion:         1.29.2 (release) (???)Code Type:       X86 (Native)Parent Process:  launchd [78]
Date/Time:       2008-12-22 14:30:09.514 +1100OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)Report Version:  6
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000004Crashed Thread:  0
Thread 0 Crashed:0   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0030e476 FTVector::~FTVector() + 6317721   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0030fb18 FTVector::~FTVector() + 6375662   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x002be3fc FTVector::~FTVector() + 3039703   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x002ce0ee FTVector::~FTVector() + 3687244   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x002bec60 FTVector::~FTVector() + 3061185   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0028a6a2 FTVector::~FTVector() + 916566   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0028a5fc FTVector::~FTVector() + 914907   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0028a50c FTVector::~FTVector() + 912508   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0032766e std::pair, std::allocator >, int>::pair(std::basic_string, std::allocator > const&, int const&) + 16529   com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00332812 phui::MessageLoop::MessageQueue::MessageQueue() + 11410  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00332a43 phui::MessageLoop::MessageQueue::MessageQueue() + 67511  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x001596b5 std::map, std::less, std::allocator > > >::operator[](unsigned int const&) + 30712  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00058707 tagMATERIALPROP::~tagMATERIALPROP() + 655313  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00058743 tagMATERIALPROP::~tagMATERIALPROP() + 661314  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00261aa6 std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 3650815  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00261bc6 std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 3679616  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x001ae1a2 std::vector >::push_back(void (* const&)(weapWeapon*)) + 73217  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x0025affb std::vector >::resize(unsigned long) + 920118  com.apple.Foundation          	0x958f3ea7 __NSFireTimer + 27919  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x91e45b25 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 446920  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x91e45cd8 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 8821  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9274b2c0 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 28322  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9274b0d9 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 37423  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9274af4d BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 10624  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9041ad7d _DPSNextEvent + 65725  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9041a630 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 12826  com.apple.AppKit              	0x9041366b -[NSApplication run] + 79527  com.apple.AppKit              	0x903e08a4 NSApplicationMain + 57428  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00002342 0x1000 + 493029  com.playnet.ww2ol             	0x00002269 0x1000 + 4713

I saw the delay thing, I had to just wait for my health to run out. Plus, after I finally despawd, I ran into the mouse problem. I was getting a bit irritated..

I havent seen the changes on the new patch because It would let me download it. When I download the patch, theres a error, saying run preflight script. So, I decided to uninstall the game, and then install the new version. However, the new version full game for mac does not download off the downloads page, the link doesnt work. So, I am really stuck because I have no way to play. Someone please help

Well, the good news is, no more cursor problem for me... AND, I don't have to wait for my health to reach zero to despawn.

On the other hand, my Cmy CTHL's have nearly tripled in the last 2 weeks. Why?

Haven't played for probably about 8 months. I have a macbook pro.

Leopard 10.5.6

2.2ghz intel core 2 duo

2gb 667mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I uninstalled previous version(drag the game from applications folder to trash, etc). Installed a new fresh install, and after reinstalling I tried to start the game. I get the status screens, it checks that my game is up to date, but then everything closes and goes to desktop. I've tried removing the game and installing again, but it still happens.

Anyone having this problem? I really wanted to take advantage of the welcome back soldier promo :(

I am having exactly the same problem as you marcinek. If anyone has a solution could you please post a fix so that i can get back to playing the game again.

I also am having the problem with mac full download link, and i also have the newest Macbook pro. seeing as i'm having problems with my desktop PC i'd love to see this fixed lol

Heres a screenshot of the building texture problem and the weapon texture.

20081130104452cd9.jpg

Wow this happens to people!?? Give em the ban stick. :D

Explains a lot come to think of it.

It's easy to fix by turning off normal maps.

Note although you can see into the buildings, the walls are still there. THere are 2 models for everything, the visual, and the physical. What you see in this bug is the visual walls not being drawn. The physical model will still keep you from walking through the walls or shooting into/out of.

I have had a few bugs and have .reported them quite a bit. unfortunately they are still there after the patch despite a full reinstall.

Bug 1- Chat: I cannot chat in more than one channel at a time. If I do it displays on my end as a ditto of the previous line of chat in the chat bar. Players on the other end however receive my chats.

Bug 2- Vehicles: Whenever I get on a plane as a para, truck as inf, laffly as gun etc... You cannot see the full name of the characters with you on the vehicle. Quite a drag during comms: Ex. "Is "playername" on the plane?" My reponse, "Beats Me!" :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I thought this was a common bug but I read all the threads and couldn't find anything.

20 inch Imac

2.4 GHZ intel core Dui

1gig ram

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

OS X 10.5.6

I'm having the same bugs as Parra00,

plus:

When option-f to window mode the graphics go really screwy (like your walking through thick fog).

I'm having all sorts of performance issues, especially in town (down to 2-3 fps). Maybe my setup's just not powerful enough...

Mac Book Pro

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

4 gb memory

128mb GeForce 8600M GT

I have had a few bugs and have .reported them quite a bit. unfortunately they are still there after the patch despite a full reinstall.

Bug 1- Chat: I cannot chat in more than one channel at a time. If I do it displays on my end as a ditto of the previous line of chat in the chat bar. Players on the other end however receive my chats.

Bug 2- Vehicles: Whenever I get on a plane as a para, truck as inf, laffly as gun etc... You cannot see the full name of the characters with you on the vehicle. Quite a drag during comms: Ex. "Is "playername" on the plane?" My reponse, "Beats Me!" :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I thought this was a common bug but I read all the threads and couldn't find anything.

20 inch Imac

2.4 GHZ intel core Dui

1gig ram

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

OS X 10.5.6

I've reported both bugs, although I think they are already in the system.

I can't fix #2, as it's in the javascript ui stuff not the game code. I'll look at #1 though in case it's something I can figure out.

I'm having the same bugs as Parra00,

plus:

When option-f to window mode the graphics go really screwy (like your walking through thick fog).

I'm having all sorts of performance issues, especially in town (down to 2-3 fps). Maybe my setup's just not powerful enough...

Mac Book Pro

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

4 gb memory

128mb GeForce 8600M GT

The window mode thingee is screwy and not likely to be fixed. I looked at it when Rick was still here and it defies my understanding. Performance on a MBP is going to be crappy. Yours is better than mine (1.67 Gen 1) and mine is similar to my G5 (that I play on) and yes, in a town with lots of inf its going to suck. Laptops (for the most part) don't have the bandwidth a desktop has. It's possible they will get better in the future. Even PC laptops generally suffer for gaming.

Does anyobody else have this strange bug when the whole game freezes and the sound repeats a very short audio clip at very fast rate. There's no response to any keys or key combinations for example to force quit-combo. I have to cold boot the computer to get back in game... a sort of CTD without the "D"-part or you get to the D-part after cold boot, obviously :)

And talking about key combinations, getting to desktop while gaming a little bit frustrating most of the time- using the cmd-tab doesn't work anywhere near as good as it should. Sometimes one has to pound the keys 20 times to get to the desktop... I don't know if this can be fixed since it has been this way for ages :) If I need to change the channel on TS, I have to tell squaddies that it may take a while since I have this little problem :)

Oh, I almost forgot one funny bug: if you use ™ on chat buffer you won't see your entry on the chat but everyone else does and using ™ messes your chat in a funny way for a minute :D

Yes I have the CTD without the "D" occasionally as well. 4-5 of my squaddies also play on macs and it seems pretty common. I'd say if I play the game 4 days a week, that will happen 1-2 times per week along with the daily normal CTD's that happen at least once daily but sometimes more often:mad: . Command +Tabbing out of the game takes a bit longer than usual but it usually does work for me. It just takes about ten times longer for the command to register. Unfortunately it seems like these things are just part of the game and hopefully they will work on fixxing it. I know I took a year and a half off out of frustration. Now that I'm back, the overall performance, graphics, FPS, and gameplay are improved but the same bugs are still there.

If your mac freezes do cmd-opt-esc to return to the desktop, don't turn off the mac unless necessary. What's happening is the crash isn't killing the app, it's locked in some kind of endless loop. The 666-bug is driving me nuts, but this one doesn't happen to me at all and I have no clue where it.

Please list your mac model for those who get this "locked up" bug. Specifically, do you have dual (or more) cpus/cores?

Command-tab works well when you are not spawned in; once in the game it works for some people and not for others. The original implementation was a hack and it's amazing it works at all.

Cmd-opt-esc doesn't work at all when the game freezes / locks up - only thing that works is a cold boot :(

Command-tab seems to work better when I'm spawned in, for me atleast. Strange.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP51.0074.B01

SMC Version: 1.33f8

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

I guess I'll have to play on my ancient MBP and see if it happens to me. My G5 doesn't exhibit the lockup. It's very hard to lockup OSX but it is possible to have the video locked up by the app but the app is dead and the finder is in front but can't get the video so it sits there waiting like an idiot.

I've had the video lockup on my G5 before, pretty rare for me though. The force quit key combo didn't work but I didn't try to SSH into the machine and kill it from the command line.

OK, this has happened with enough consistency for me to label it a bug, rather than the usual run-of-the-mill CTD...

Game is frequently freezing and crashing when I open the map in areas with moderate to high population. Especially frustrating while trying to take part in larger operations, as if the drop in frame rates wasn't enough. I don't know how else to describe it - I open the map, mouse stops moving, game over, man. Of course, there's still the occasional host disconnect and random crash, but the frequency and circumstances with which this is occurring suggests it's something different.

I'm not too "code-savvy," but shouldn't have too much trouble posting an error report if that would help.

It's an Intel iMac 2ghz, 512mb RAM (yeah, i know), and a 128mb Radeon 2400 V-card.

drdank is having the bug that ahwulf described as being related to the "666" bug ... i have been having the same issue under the same conditions

I'm not too "code-savvy," but shouldn't have too much trouble posting an error report if that would help.

It's an Intel iMac 2ghz, 512mb RAM (yeah, i know), and a 128mb Radeon 2400 V-card.

Go ahead and post a crash report (up and just past the section that says "Thread XXX crashed" including the list of stuff directly afterwards.

Oh and 512MB ram is below the required minimum of 1GB. This will really increase your chances of crashola. I'm amazed it works at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0