Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

129 bugs

135 posts in this topic

Black screen is usually indication of unsupported opengl mode. Make sure you have your monitor set to the exact same settings as the game. Make sure you have 32 bit color on both as well.

I am not installing 10.5.7 yet as it seems to have a lot of issues for more than the usual percentage of people.

I have all settings the way they were before updating and should be correct but the game doesn't load at all. After reinstalling the whole game it doesn't even get to a black screen:(

I have to play the game in winblows which is sad...

Edit: Ok, I think I have a clue where the game / OS is messed up. In the game settings>monitor there now reads 2(main display) which, if I recall correctly, was 0(main display) before update and now I can't change that. In the OS the "detect displays" won't do anything. I don't have any external monitors connected to my Macbook Pro.

I was wondering if I could tweak ww2online preferences manually with textedit but I can't find exact place...

Check the arrangement section of the displays preference pane. Do you by some odd reason see two monitors or have Mirror turned on? That could screw up that menu, which is autopopulated. There is no setting for it.

Mirroring would explain why you don't see content - it's being drawn to the mirror that isn't a monitor. One has to support drawing to mirrors in code it isn't automatic with opengl.

Heh, I don't have The Arrangement Tab at pref panel. When I tried to search it this came up:

"The Arrangement tab of Displays preferences is hidden because you only have a single display attached to this computer."

I'm lost here.

Hmm, the id#2 is clearly wrong, but the call that the game makes to get the main monitor is clearly returning that but it doesn't work. Do you have another full screen comparable game that does work still?

It's the same code to get the main monitor there always was, so somehow the OS update screwed it up somehow. Anyone else update the OS?

This is very strange.

Hmm, do you have a friend with an external monitor you can try? I wonder what would happen...

I've updated an iMac with two screens without problem, game works normally.

I think the problem is restricted to laptops. It could be some setting gets clobbered incorrectly in the os update, leaving his MBP is a weird state. The QA for this update doesn't seem all that great.

I tried Call of Duty 4 and during startup, an info screen popped up and said that my computer has been changed since last time and the game has to configure itself to the new system:) All went well and I could play the game.

I have ordered an external monitor but it hasn't arrived yet...

Hmm, I looked at the code again and don't see anything odd. I have dual monitors on both my Macs (sharing one of them) and it is quite handy (though the game will only run on the primary). I'm thinking that once a second monitor is attached the system config will fix itself, even if you remove it later.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0