Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grimripper

Vista Support anytime soon?

10 posts in this topic

Will CRS be supporting windows vista anytime in the near future. I just found out my laptop wont reinstall WWII even though it worked the first time (damn vista). This means i will unsubscribe. But i dont want to leave forever. If anyone could just give me a "they're working on it" that would be great. Good Luck men, hope to see you on the battlefield again soon.

I think they're working on it. Bloo can give a better answer if he pops in here.

Can you give a detailed description of what happens when you try to install the game? Lots of people in this forum use Vista, so we should be able to get you up and running.

Ok so you know when u go to Full download, well when i run, the black box pops up and disappears and nothing happens after that. I tried running in admin and tried the xp pack thing, but nothing works. I was told i had to unistall the game and reinstall for the latest patch. So, i uninstalled WWII and Playgate and now when i try to reinstall, i dont get the WWII icon , just the generic app icon, and it all seems to screw up. Please if u have an answer let me know because this game has been my favorite since 01.

(chances are i might go back to XP) :D

OK, I'm going to download the full install file and try installing the game from scratch so I can compare what we are seeing. I might not be able to respond to you until late tomorrow, or maybe Saturday.

I reinstalled the game on my Vista 64-bit computer, and didn't see what you saw. I double-click the install file, and immediately get the window asking me to select a language. I think I mentioned in your other thread that I see the black box flash up, but I remember now that happens when I launch the game.

When trying to install the game after uninstalling, make sure that the file you are using is wwiiol0001290.exe. If you are trying to install using the file wwiiol12871290.exe, it won't work unless you have last week's live version installed.

Once you have completed the install, the contents of the game folder should match the image below. If anything is missing, you might have some errors in your install file and should try again from a fresh download.

I think they're working on it. Bloo can give a better answer if he pops in here.

Can you give a detailed description of what happens when you try to install the game? Lots of people in this forum use Vista, so we should be able to get you up and running.

hi

i am having issues with vista nad need some help if possible. installed vista and then did full download of ww2. tired to run it--playgate worked fine, saw the black box launching the game, then couple black screens, and then a message that WW2 has stopped working. Here are the details from the error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: WW2_x86.exe

Application Version: 1.29.0.255

Application Timestamp: 492b7fad

Fault Module Name: WW2_x86.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.29.0.255

Fault Module Timestamp: 492b7fad

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 001773c4

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

i then updated my drivers for video and the game worked and played for about 2hrs with no issues. quit the game to load my joystick software and updated drivers--did so and rebooted CPU; now WW2 is not working. Here is error log:

Faulting application WW2_x86.exe, version 1.29.0.255, time stamp 0x492b7fad, faulting module WW2_x86.exe, version 1.29.0.255, time stamp 0x492b7fad, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x001773c4, process id 0xcf4, application start time 0x01c95202f2325566.

Anyone have any ideas/tips?

thanks

Well dunno, but what I do know, is I got a game, that sometimes does run, and sometimes doesnt on Vista, me not changing any stuff! Its about the vista file protection addition imho

Have you tried starting BGE three times in a row?

What folder was that put in Caber? i have that in the downloads folder, but still when i try to open the file 0001290. The black box pops up and then nothing, it disappears and that is all that happens.

: /

That image was from the folder in which I installed the game.

I'm completely baffled by this. Your next move should probably be to submit a support ticket. It's the drivers that generally prevent CRS from officially providing support for Vista, and this is almost definitely not a driver problem, so hopefully Bloo can help sort this out.

here is a couple of reason why its doing that

one the usual thing i put up when people run into this is as follows

right click on the short cut

goto the compatibility tab

put a check mark in the following

disable visual themes

disable desktop composition

disable display scaling on high dpi settings

do not put a check mark in the compatibility mode leave as vista

if you are still running in to a black screen make sure you go to BG's settings tab and make sure you have it set for as high as your monitor can go

if the resolution has defaulted to say 800x600 you will get that black box and then nothing for eternity.

so if you monitor screen is good at 1920x1080 set it as such.

problem should be solved

if not make sure you kill the UAC which can be shut off in the control panel under user accounts. do the above.

the above fixes 99% of the vista problems.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0