• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjkeegs

BEGM Map Videos

64 posts in this topic

These are videos captured from the Battleground Europe Game Monitor by xiper. The screen is captured every 5 minutes and then compiled into a movie covering the movement of the front lines and kills during the campaign.

I had posted separate threads announcing the videos for [thread=247036]Campaign 47[/thread] and [thread=247437]Campaign 48[/thread]. From now on I'll announce availability of future video's in subsequent posts in this thread.

Here is the Campaign 49 video. It is currently hosted on Microsoft's Skydrive. I'll see how that works out - at least it's free.

During the Intermission I've removed the kill information from the data that I'm collecting and added the lines showing the organization of the brigades in the game.

Sigh,

I started compiling these videos primarily so that I could capture the action during breakouts. Apparently one happened this weekend (Jan 10-11), and the wiretap feed was apparently corrupted over the weekend. So I don't have any data for the weekend and missed the the transition from the static front lines to the mobile ones.

Again so much for capturing a full campaign without any gaps. I also lost ~5 days during the Ice Storm in the Northeast - At least my workplace isn't powered by Unitil and i could capture the next 5 days there while I was still waiting for power at home.

OK,

Still recording, but I probably won't be able to generate a video that shows the whole campaign in a large size, so I've broken it up into weeks. Each video recorded at 6fps / 5min per frame --> 1 hour = 2 seconds of video

Campaign 50 videos

SJ, tried to download the files, but could not.

I use a Mac, and maybe MS does not like Mac people downloading off their site?? :)

PS, this is a fast movie. Can you make a slower one? about 3x longer or more?

Thanks

SJ, tried to download the files, but could not.

I use a Mac, and maybe MS does not like Mac people downloading off their site?? :)

PS, this is a fast movie. Can you make a slower one? about 3x longer or more?

Thanks

I'll take a look when i get home, Some of them aren't downloading for me either at the moment.

The YouTube version was recorded at 24fps, for an overview of what happened - Since I can't seem to get it to do HiRes for youtube. The downloads on Skydrive are recorded at 6fps.

I'm not able to download a bunch of them either ATM.

I've ask MS if there is an issue - I am able to download at least one of the campaign 50 videos, although I just uploaded the Week 9 video, and am not able to download it.

** sigh **

I was hoping this would be a good place to host these files without having to find and pay for a host.

I was hoping this would be a good place to host these files without having to find and pay for a host.

How much hosting space do you need for these?

How much hosting space do you need for these?

So far the videos work out to ~25MB per week. Campaign 50 is up to 17,000+ pictures so far.

I put in a support ticket last night - I'll see what they say.

Shoot me a PM with your contact info (i.e. email or something). When I get home tonight I'll set you up with an FTP account to my server and send you the info you need to log in.

I'm currently uploading the full length video for Campaign 50. As much as I wish that I could create these without interruption, there were a number of those during this campaign.

The first was the Ice Storm in the northeast ~2 weeks before XMAS. I was without power for 10 days. I was able to start capturing data again after 5 of those day from work.

There was a second data collection failure (Computer crash) that I didn't catch until monday, which missed the bulk of an Allied thrust, followed by some sort of disruption with the wiretap feed for awhile such that the player death data didn't show up for quite awile.

In any case the video shows Campaign 50 at 24fps, captured once every 5 minutes. So each second of video is 2 hours realtime. The video is ~14 minutes, and contains 20,409 BEGM pictures, and is 106MB. I will upload a few other versions at 6fps which seems to be a better resolution to be able to watch brigade movements.

Campaign 50

Enjoy!

Update with 6fps Campaign 50 Videos. The Campaign ran roughly for 12 weeks, and I've split the videos up into 3 week sections. One second equals 1/2 hour realtime. Each of the videos is ~14 minutes long, and 50MB.

First 3 weeks (December 5, 2008 - December 26, 2008)

Second 3 weeks (December 27, 2008 - January 16, 2009)

Third 3 weeks (January 17, 2009 - February 6, 2009) - The 3rd video includes the Axis Aarschot breakout

Last 3 weeks (February 7, 2009 - February 21, 2009)

Also here is the shorter copy of the Aarschot Breakout again.

Aarschot Breakout

BEGM map videos will be offline until I can scrap up an old computer that I can leave on 24/7. I've got an old PIII machine sitting around at home, but it needs a few parts.

I've been running the data collection at work since that's the only machine that I had that I could reliably leave on 24/7, with family members dicking around with the other machines at home. Well my work apparently just cut off the wiretap access, and I won't be able to collect data from there anymore.

I do have videos of Campaign 51 up until a few days ago, including the axis and Allied breakouts, along with the Axis slog back from the brink.

Well I've got my old "Dell xps t500" up and running as a dedicated machine for BEGM and I'm logging data again.

I missed the end of Campaign 51, although I captured the beginning of the Axis fighting back from the factories. I'll finish up those videos tonight.

Campaign 52 Full Video:

Some notes:

During the Campaign KFSone apparently changed the death map resolution. I don't think that I'll continue capturing the death map data for the videos since it seems to overwhelm the map at the new resolution. If you have other opinions, post them here...

Also there is a large gap at the end of the video, which occurred when 1.30 was released, and the wiretap feed stopped. So we missed the Allied final push.

Campaign 52

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0