Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timmy41

Good deal on RAM and SHEEP. should i get it?

31 posts in this topic

im a noob when it comes to lots of things on the computer

how do i get to that window that shows the computer statistics etc?

goto start menu, run, open that. in the box type dxdiag and click run.

that will show what your running, put the CPU motherboard and current ram details here

goto start menu, run, open that. in the box type dxdiag and click run.

that will show what your running, put the CPU motherboard and current ram details here

thanks konev!

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02

Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

is that all thats needed?

thanks konev!

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02

Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

is that all thats needed?

Ugh.. tough call.. Could have DDR or DDR2 lol

When in doubt.. yank a stick out ..

But dont let fury see it... he likes "sticks" :D

Ugh.. tough call.. Could have DDR or DDR2 lol

When in doubt.. yank a stick out ..

But dont let fury see it... he likes "sticks" :D

dont see anything about that anywhere

Most likely DDR2... I need to know the speed!!! google RAM configurater

Or give me the type of computer and the number like my old piece o' junk I have is a GATEWAY 835GM.

other examples are DELL Dimension 8200

and such.

Most likely DDR2... I need to know the speed!!! google RAM configurater

Or give me the type of computer and the number like my old piece o' junk I have is a GATEWAY 835GM.

other examples are DELL Dimension 8200

and such.

Good idea bob.. If its a store bought puter give us the make and model..

DDR2 memory modules have a different number of pins than standard DDR modules and their notches are in different places. Therefore, the two types of memory cannot be used interchangeably in the same memory socket. And while some motherboards do have memory slots for both DDR and DDR2, most systems will only accept one type of memory technology. To upgrade with Dell DDR2, your system must be designed to accept DDR2 memory technology.

It's easy to find out if your Dell system accepts DDR2. All you have to do is look it up in the Dell Memory Selector!

DDR2 Installation Tips

• DDR2 modules have a different number of pins than DDR modules.
  • DDR2 memory notches are in a different location than DDR notches.
  • DDR2 can only be used in systems designed specifically for DDR2 memory technology.
  • Use the Dell Memory Selector to find out if your Dell system accepts DDR2 memory!

Adding a Dell Memory Upgrade can improve performance

Upgrading your DDR2-based system with Dell DDR2 memory can lead to significant performance gains! In fact, tests show that adding memory is a simple way to increase system performance, productivity, and efficiency. With a Dell Memory upgrade, you can:

• Run more programs simultaneously.
  • Work with graphics-intensive programs.
  • Speed up computer response time.
  • Help reduce performance lags.
  • Help maintain your system's performance when adding new software or upgrading the OS.

Or if you can find the service tag number.. I can look it up that way.

Yes you can get the RAM... Better learn how to install it lol..

i could do that

installed the 9800 no problem

i just have no idea what im doing half the time, in terms of things like this

*screen flickers*

hmmmm.....

*attaches more duct tape to 9800*

NO TIMMY STOP STOP DON'T BUY RAM YET NO BAD MANECOON BAD!!! he needs to know what speed his Mobo will take! :P

NO TIMMY STOP STOP DON'T BUY RAM YET NO BAD MANECOON BAD!!! he needs to know what speed his Mobo will take! :P

speed? like overclocking or something?

im confused

RAM has a stock speed i found it out though so it's all good those sticks you were going to buy could of messed up your computer potentially... get these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227078 your comp is XP or vista? either way since its stock its 32bit and won't recognize more than 3g probably... you have 1 gig heres 2 more... that will work... Open up your case... its pretty easy MAKE SURE EVERYTHING is unplugged!!! and you should see 2 stick that look like this. Don't touch them as there should be 2 more slots open (they may not be next to eachother if its dual channel RAM) Pop these suckers in and you'll be good to go... OCZ and CORSAIR IMHO make the best RAM and i just built a 2000$ machine so i did my research.

ok, im gonna have to trust you on this one

because other then some c++, i know nothing more about computers than the average user, all i know right now is that my RAM is at the borderline of whats needed to play this game, so i thought id get off my *** and get some RAM

Hell, I have 2GB or RAM, and I still only have 20-40 FPS in-game. Then again, I have an 8500, sooooo, that might be it... I need a 9800 soon... hmmm... Christmas...

You can't overclock RAM (or it's very uncommon). You can overclock CPUs... [snip]

Please don't discuss anything related to cheating, there is a zero-tolerance policy on that type of discussion in these forums. - Mod

Orangel you CAN overclock RAM you CAN overclock Graphics cards and you CAN overclock your CPU which you were correct about :P

Heck the new AMD CPUs that aren't even out yet have an overclocking up to 6.4 GHz atm... thats like... rediculous and this guy overclocked a Pentium D to 8.43 GHz... thats... holy **** fast....

and don't get a 9800!! WTF is wrong with you guys!!!! If your going to get nvidia atleast get the GTX 260!!!

and don't get a 9800!! WTF is wrong with you guys!!!! If your going to get nvidia atleast get the GTX 260!!!

why not?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0