• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lindir

26th of November Realism Event

64 posts in this topic

Well that was fun. :) Event's still happening, but I'm done. Got 3 kills, then got wasted up close by an EI rifle, then perforated by an EI SMG. :P

My recon element, myself Mike and Squibb, made contact with the enemy on the East side of town. Mike got 1 kill and 3 or 4 damaged EI, and as I said I got 3 kills, and Squibb is still out there.

I didn't think it'd be as hard as it was. I wanted to come into this with an emphasis on staying alive, but that kind of goes out the window once you make contact. Ideally I wouldn't have been crawling through the grass on the corner of the road, and in hindsight maybe that wasn't such a good idea, but I had to try to flank the group of 10+ EI we spotted S of the road.

Anyway, it was fun.

My vickers did well....Samtbone is a good gunner. Bobstav1 or whatever is kind of an annoying commander...really good guy though.

We spent alot of time just roaming around town trying to find a better hiding spot...when elements of the east strike force hit us we went to support section 3 and 4...poured out alot of fire...

I was trying to get ready for dinner and didnt move around enough so finally a pak took out our gunner and commander..

Greatone and a few others suggest I run down EI...so I headed out to thier last known position...just after I spot and flattened my first EI...I got kicked from the server :P

Not "realistic" or something I guess *shrug* was damn good fun. And Im sure I scared the crap out of the EI I swung around and ran down

My first "event" I liked it....the warm up time is exhausting but once the fur starts flying its really cool.

My vickers did well....Samtbone is a good gunner. Bobstav1 or whatever is kind of an annoying commander...really good guy though.

We spent alot of time just roaming around town trying to find a better hiding spot...when elements of the east strike force hit us we went to support section 3 and 4...poured out alot of fire...

I was trying to get ready for dinner and didnt move around enough so finally a pak took out our gunner and commander..

Greatone and a few others suggest I run down EI...so I headed out to thier last known position...just after I spot and flattened my first EI...I got kicked from the server :P

Not "realistic" or something I guess *shrug* was damn good fun. And Im sure I scared the crap out of the EI I swung around and ran down

My first "event" I liked it....the warm up time is exhausting but once the fur starts flying its really cool.

ha, you went flying by me but I crawled out of the way. I was the one laying by the tree in the berms. I'm no n00b, I'll be damned if I get ran over :)

ha' date=' you went flying by me but I crawled out of the way. I was the one laying by the tree in the berms. I'm no n00b, I'll be damned if I get ran over :)[/quote']

*shakes fist*!!!!

Darn you!! lol I was SURE I got you...I swung around that tree pretty fast...i was gonna back up and try and get you but I got kicked lol

Well that was fun. :) Event's still happening, but I'm done. Got 3 kills, then got wasted up close by an EI rifle, then perforated by an EI SMG. :P

My recon element, myself Mike and Squibb, made contact with the enemy on the East side of town. Mike got 1 kill and 3 or 4 damaged EI, and as I said I got 3 kills, and Squibb is still out there.

I didn't think it'd be as hard as it was. I wanted to come into this with an emphasis on staying alive, but that kind of goes out the window once you make contact. Ideally I wouldn't have been crawling through the grass on the corner of the road, and in hindsight maybe that wasn't such a good idea, but I had to try to flank the group of 10+ EI we spotted S of the road.

Anyway, it was fun.

My first event for a 12 months I think, went pretty well. Shot about 80 rifle rounds, got 4 kills, but darn vickers got me 30s before he died, with lucky shot :P

b1sh0p, E of town, tree line and in a bush about 50m from axis? I think I got you then :) I was very surprised to see you so close, so I started blasting to that bush with my rifle and yelled to bitter to shoot you too (he was smg) :)

Most of my kills were 300-500m away. In normal server is frustrating to shoot so far, because it takes forever to kill someone and when you get him, he just respawns back 15s later. Now it felt great, when I knew they didn't get back ;D

My first event for a 12 months I think, went pretty well. Shot about 80 rifle rounds, got 4 kills, but darn vickers got me 30s before he died, with lucky shot :P

b1sh0p, E of town, tree line and in a bush about 50m from axis? I think I got you then :) I was very surprised to see you so close, so I started blasting to that bush with my rifle and yelled to bitter to shoot you too (he was smg) :)

Most of my kills were 300-500m away. In normal server is frustrating to shoot so far, because it takes forever to kill someone and when you get him, he just respawns back 15s later. Now it felt great, when I knew they didn't get back ;D

Samtbone is to thank for the gunnery....he did a great job. I shoulda kept us moving around more.

Damn it was good to hear Pak36 firing and finaly silincing that annoying buzzer. It was relief to know that vicky was out of action. While one light tank can't do jack in normal game even vicky is fearsome enemy if you have only rifles to fight against it. But still I dont like tanks in these events, when you bring even one tank in game, opposite team needs something to destroy it. Useally if that something is bigger and meaner tank other side again need something to counter it and so on. When you bring these tanks and ATG or other means to counter original thread, they are even more deadly to infs.

It's sad that allies don't have equivalent to 251. Only things close to 251 arw either Wacky Laffly or Vicky and those outclass 251 so badly that axis need something to kill those...

For me pure inf events had always been most fun to play. It's all about skill of your leaders and soldiers not some über weapon.

BTW Pak36 is nice sniping weapon in these event too, PV had blast killing EIs from safe distance.

I got shot swimming the river. Made me sad. :(

That will teach me. Next time I run 2k instead of 1.

5 kills to my credit. Was fun.

BTW Lindir, can we have a event where we get a tank and they don't? Please?

Also, when is the next one. I CRAVE these things. OMG they are so much fun.

The vicky really could have been devastating...but I think thats why all my requests to leave town were denied.

When the first 251 was spotted to the SE I knew that vicky could stop that group if me and sam got around behind them and got any AT capability (we knew you didnt have tanks, though we thought you guys might get a stug, dunno who started that rumor) then just proceeded to support any large inf section....but we were forced to stay in town...hiding in buildings :P

Seemed silly, but balance wise it a good descision...had I moved around more that pak might not have gotten us so early...we had eyes on it for a while (good work sapperd with your binocs) but lost vis...then its first shot got samtbone, and left me alive.

Im surprised that 251 stood up to all the .50 and .303 fire....sam was down to 150 or so rounds of .50 when he got killed.

The Pak was with the main group all the time - had you moved your vicky in the beginning it would have died promplty. Same with the standoff-situation, it took a long time to find a good position from which Pv could shoot you without getting killed himself, but when we finally found such a position.. ;)

The outcome of the event might have been Very Different had you moved out in the beginning and died.

This event was realy fun.

my team was the scout one, and we go to the west side of the central bridge.

I first put my mens in a defence circle around the scoutteam check point on the map. and aske them to check and to not engage.

they spot some ei in the first wood on the west road, trying to go on north side of the central bridge near the buildings.

one of my mens manage to kill one of em when they cross he road from south to north, and wounded one ei.

After that we keep our pos, and try to find where arer the ei. we put some contacte report of one 251 and of some eis on the west side of bridge.

I think we face there at least 10 eis.

So, we are on the ground, fear of death swim around our head, and sudenly, an ei smg run on us...kill on of my mens and wound an other before i kill him.

But that show to the oposant that we are here and f they want to move east they need to fight hard.

But, i dont want to see all my mens been sniped stupidly, so, i give the orders to regroup on the sctoutteam checkpoint and to fallback on the bridge.

We manage to do some cover fire to protect our mens and fall back well, but and damn ei, dunno who but a good player, kill 2 of my mens when we run to fall back, probably the ei is hidden in the north building...firetom goes to find him but cant spot him.

at this moment we are 4 mens living, one wounded. we fall back to the bridge and take position...my orders is to hold it at all cost.

so, our lmg tak a good spot and wait for ei, i put my head up to see where are the ennemis...and taking a bullet in it lol...nice shot axis.

an other of my mens been snipe, so, the 2 survivors put their head on the ground and open well their ears. manage to kille some ei on hand to hand batle and with nade...

the ennemis fallback and my fierce mens can goes on the breverie taking some beer with the brit forces ;)

Nice event mens, sorry for this awful english, and think to come on our forum to aske us Hello.

Our spécial event forum is here :http://www.3dlm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

there is a post specialy to speak in english, but you can came and train your french if ya want lol

Sitasan, V corp, 12DIM, 1erBAM, 3DLM

How does one find stats from the event?

This forum is only place where you can find stats from events and they are updated when lindir has time to do that.

I'm done updating the Allied Stats, i'll do the Axis ones tomorrow. It is done manually it is quite long to do. Especially with almost 160 players :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0