Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lindir

26th of November Realism Event

64 posts in this topic

I'm done updating the Allied Stats' date=' i'll do the Axis ones tomorrow. It is done manually it is quite long to do. Especially with almost 160 players :)[/quote']

160? Damn these things are getting popular.. Is there a list of the upcoming events with probable dates or do u just sort of make them up as u go along when u get a chance to?

This even wasnt all that fun for meh..waiting almost 2 hrs to get set up and then dieing without fireing a shot..such is war i guess..

The squad i was XO(4th) was trying to raize some hell down by the rail bridge. I really would have rather went thru the forest till i realized that there was a big hill right before the bridge(we need topographical maps hehe).

There was either an enemy squad or a few scouts at the bridge and an ATG..G3A3 went to the hill b4 bridge to try and take out the atg and came under some pretty heavy fire from the bridge. Then an entire enemy squad went running from town to the bridge.

Apon Seeing that i wanted to send our entire squad to the hill and give that bridge hell. We werent the main attack, just a diversion so yes hitting the bridge would have been risky but it would have made alot of noise. Drill, our CO hesitated..i think he was worried about the vickers.

If that vickers would have flanked us the entire squad would have been wiped out but i figured the vickey would at least have hit 5th squad first since they were making contact closer to town, giving us time to get the hell back into the forest.

Later we decided to take the hill and hit the bridge but by that time the ei had(or at least i think they had) flanked the hill and they cut us to peices as we ran towards the hill.

My section (#3) had the SE part of town, S of the road. Not much to report really. Just enemy firing at us, us shooting back. It was a real sniper fest. No idea why that 251 went so far out in the open to get shot.

My section was guarding some hilly area that was realitivly in the open. So it was just really a sniper fest. We had a LMG that didn't get to shoot much that's how far the enemy was from us.

There was an Axis lmg that got in a good spot and killed two of our men once. I quickly reconized and fellback some.

Just towards the end of the event I get a counter-attack order and fall through the world... figures.

I dont read every post so what was that churchill on the bridge? A bug or an extra because England/Aussi release?

I got 3 Kills and died. Did i get an gold wound badge ;)

My section (#3) had the SE part of town, S of the road. Not much to report really. Just enemy firing at us, us shooting back. It was a real sniper fest. No idea why that 251 went so far out in the open to get shot.

Because I already lost my gunner and ran to attract enemy fire, while a small group of us tried to sneak in towards your berm :P

btw, I ended unharmed, I just had like 200/300 plinks

I dont read every post so what was that churchill on the bridge? A bug or an extra because England/Aussi release?

I got 3 Kills and died. Did i get an gold wound badge ;)

The Churchill was a fake to frighten you.

there should be medals u can get even if u die.. G3A3 should get something for laying some hurt down on the bridge by himself.

I had a good time in the event, thanks againg LINDIR

I was one of the LMGs on the Axis side. I wanted to be more usefull, but it took a long time to move in and once we did, it was a far distance to cover. I was ordered to place covering fire on a few accounts, but we never really seemed to move.

Eventually my Ammo ran dry (i did not use it wisely), and being surrounded by riflemen I thought I'd get some more ammo - that was wrong, I got nothing and ended up running about with a luger. God knows what these riflemen gace their ammo to.

As we were retreating, i got hit (i had actually been hit on several ocassions - was lucky to last this long), and turned around to see who was behind us. Then Bam - I got hit again - but it was only a red screen .... did not take much long after that before I died (must have been hit about 4 times before I actually died!!!).

Great fun - hope to be there for the next one, though the slow starts are a bit annoying!

Eventually my Ammo ran dry (i did not use it wisely)' date=' and being surrounded by riflemen I thought I'd get some more ammo - that was wrong, I got nothing and ended up running about with a luger. God knows what these riflemen gace their ammo to.[/quote']

Didnt use it wisely? If u surrounded by friendly rifles u really cant use it unwisely..no matter how much u shoot.

I hate when riflemen wont give up their ammo, next time try calling out specific names..

Hutt, that might have been me. Most likely. Like I said, I was hit by a rifle round which killed me, but I was just sitting at that red screen while all my health was draining, then I was brought to black screen as an SMG perforated my dead body. :P So yeah, you got me.

Was it you that moved up ahead of your main force and was trying to flank me? Good job, if it was. If it weren't for you, I would have had a hay day on the rest of your unit. They were all laying down next to a berm, and I killed 3 of em before I saw your head pop up over a berm about 100m away. There were 10+ more of them there, and none of em seemed to know where the fire was coming from. But I couldn't keep killing your team mates cause I had no cover from you, so I had to move.

From there I crawled up to the road, and was going to start opening fire again when my screen went red, then black.

Didnt use it wisely? If u surrounded by friendly rifles u really cant use it unwisely..no matter how much u shoot.

I hate when riflemen wont give up their ammo, next time try calling out specific names..

Another lmg came to our squad earlier and grabbed 2 to 3 ammo packs, which he really only received 1 or none of due to some bug. By the time pillbox needed more ammo we only had one more rifleman with an ammo pack left, and none of the other squads had any left either. Perphaps in the future CRS may provide us with an infantry class who's main role is to support with ammo.

Another lmg came to our squad earlier and grabbed 2 to 3 ammo packs' date=' which he really only received 1 or none of due to some bug. By the time pillbox needed more ammo we only had one more rifleman with an ammo pack left, and none of the other squads had any left either. Perphaps in the future CRS may provide us with an infantry class who's main role is to support with ammo.[/quote']

It would be nice to have belt fed MG34/MG42 with two men crew. Not very practical in regular game, but would be very useful in these kind of events. No more crappy magazines with total 250? ammo.

Once again, great event!

Thanks a lot Lindir and Darkkis for the (difficult) job organizing!

Eligoh did a great job leading 2nd squad (axis).

Fun thing is, because most of the guys in our squad were veterans, you get really carefull about taking unnecessary risks.

Our CO was argueing with Darkkis for quite some time to Not having to lead us into the place where 3rd was slaughtered as ordered ;-)

This kind of excitement you get only in those events... I love 'em.

I actually died in the initial assault as a 251 gunner. But I stayed and watched the map and listened to coms until my driver was killed and forced despawn. Shortly before the pullout I think is when I spawned out finally. It was cool to listen to and help with Comms. Great event even though I died way too early.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0