Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrAnit

Blue Screen of Death

8 posts in this topic

Since 129, I have been getting the BSOD death after playing anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours. Anyone else having this problem? Known fix? It's pretty annoying!

Seems to be a memory leak somewhere, after around 30 despawns/respawns at different locations including small skirmishes the game just closes upon despawning at some point, mem usage has risen to about 1,5GB at that point, starting at 900-950MB

Since 129' date=' I have been getting the BSOD death after playing anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours. Anyone else having this problem? Known fix? It's pretty annoying![/quote']

wow i thought i was the only 1...just got a new computer and i am having this problem

BSOD is a system-level, usually low-level driver crash. It hasn't been possible for an application to directly BSOD since at least Windows 2000.

Most common causes are a corrupted bit in your registry, BIOS, RAM, Graphics or motherboard drivers. It's entirely possible that 1.29 is pushing some component of your system that bit harder, that bit more aggressively or into regions of memory that weren't previously an issue and now you are seeing a weak or badly configured part of your system acting up.

You should start by running either the Windows Memory Diagnostic or ideally, overnight, a thorough MemTest (download is free, you only have to pay them if you want them to send you a CD). On Vista a system performance test (Control Panel > Control Panel Home > System And Maintenance > Performance and Information and Tools > Check your computer's Windows Experience base score).

Check your video card/motherboard vendor's websites for driver/BIOS updates.

Lastly, if you are running the SSE2 version, we have switched from the Microsoft to Intel compilers. If you are running on an AMD CPU you may want to try switching off the SSE2 option in the game's settings and see if you continue to BSOD.

The most common BSOD I see in these forums is caused by old sound drivers and setting your ww2 in game sound settings to hardware when you are running MB sound.

Update your sound drivers and check your settings. I battled a BSOD problem for a month or more on ww2ol before I narrowed it down to the sound. Try playing with the sound disabled and see if it stops.

I also have had several of these since 1.29. Never, ever had them before. Drivers all current.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0