Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doch

Affinity

8 posts in this topic

For some reason my core 2 duo start wwii.exe. with affinity defalt set to core 0 only.

Is there a way to set the application so it starts default with both cores?

I have checked many of my other games, and thet all start pr. default with both cores.

BE used to start on both cores. This single core thing was done a few patches ago... 1.27? to fix some issues with running on both cores... kind of ironic that there's now a new bug where the fix is to enable the 2nd core... :/

If you don't want to have to manually tweak it every start up, replace ww2.exe with either ww2_x86.exe or ww2_sse2.exe. It's the ww2.exe app that coerces single core affinity.

- Oliver

If you don't want to have to manually tweak it every start up, replace ww2.exe with either ww2_x86.exe or ww2_sse2.exe. It's the ww2.exe app that coerces single core affinity.

- Oliver

I don't understand. How to you "replace" it other than checking the box for sse? I have the box checked and use sse2, but I still have to manually check core 1 to get both working.

- Oliver

I found that offline, the sse2 version ran on both cores.

Online, only core 0.

I don't understand. How to you "replace" it other than checking the box for sse? I have the box checked and use sse2' date=' but I still have to manually check core 1 to get both working.[/quote']

Rename the files. First, rename ww2.exe to something else (eg. ww2_old.exe), then rename the other file to ww2.exe.

Rename the files. First' date=' rename [b']ww2.exe to something else (eg. ww2_old.exe), then rename the other file to ww2.exe.

You wouldn't believe the circles KFS1 and went around in email trying to figure out what he was saying.

Remember: there is a cross-pond language barrier, exacerbated by the programmer dialect. :)

just tried the WW2.exe / WW2_x86.exe swap. got tired of manually setting my cores. problem is the time warp issue with dual affinity. letting it load automatically in dual causes the game to time warp. the other .exe file wont do that if you set the core manually after loading and before spawning.if you try to set it while spawned, you will time warp.

other than setting affinity,is there any other differences between the two .exe files?.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0