Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gnasche

LOOK HERE if you have "Connection to Host" probs

43 posts in this topic

Ammoguy- I also live in Vancouver BC, and am experiencing many connection probs.

It's probably our ISP and route that we have to go through to get to the CRS server.

These problems have been plaging me for many months and they are preventing from playing this game for longer than 20mins at a time.

Really annoying stuff.

I am experiencing the same problem when playing at work because we have a Verizon internet problem. Verizon DSL internet is dropping our internet connection every 12 minutes for 30 seconds.

Under 1.18, the game would automatically reconnect and things would be fine.

Under 1.19, if the connection is lost for more than a few seconds in 1.19, the error window comes up stating connection lost and then when you click "ok" and the game exits.

Is this intentional with the 1.19 patch? I have heard rumors that the change was to address guys (axis players that is ;) ), turning off their modems in close quarters fighting in order to lag, reposition, turn on modem, and then kill enemy.

Intentional or bug with 1.19.

Rats, any ideas???

^^^^^^ That was me... I showed as logged in, but it still posted as anonymous.

Dang I hate that... What am I doing wrong? I wish they would fix forum so it would ask you to log in before posting and then keep you logged in. Me or issue with forums?

Yes, it seems the new version doesn't want to reconnect when connection is lost.

Not only that, when I do loose connection I am unable to despawn, the box just reads: "Please wait" with no options. This forces me to ctrl-alt-del to turn the game off (happens VERY often, every 20 mins I am forced to do so).

What's worse is that they removed the old fps counter. Granted it doesn't fit with the UI and looks a little out-dated, but it was my only means of knowing if i am loosing connection. Now I usually find out a few minutes after the disconnect that I have been wasting my time.

At the very LEAST they could put in the old fps counter as an option..

Also hanging at the load screen, when it bothers to go that far.....

I have got to the brigade selection screen once, only to get dumped out of game due to ISP (dial-up) throwing me offline. Since then, no luck at all. Which stinks bigtime.

IF we all start USING PROFANITY u think sombody WILL answer this THREAD...... I JUST SPEND 45 bucks for 3 months for this game SO U HAD BETTER START SAYING SOMETHING SOON...OR i got plenty of people in here that are GONNA START SCREAMING..

Get the point already sheesh :twisted:

IF we all start USING PROFANITY u think sombody WILL answer this THREAD

Nope, great way to get ignored, and threads locked, since this is COMMUNITY support, not Official support.

You might consider filling out a support ticket.

http://support.playnet.com/

I would hope we could at least get a:

"Hey guys, we realize there is a problem with connectivity lags with 1.19 and we are workin on it"

Instead of

" "

I just had m ticket answered, krieger said that the problem will be fixed as quickly as possible. Have faith, CRS will patch the problem soon.

just got a response to my ticket from krieger, it says they are aware of the problem and should have a patch out shortly to remedy the problem.

The new patch includes "Fixed a cause of some warping/lost packets", which may also be the source of people losing connection during loading. Please update this thread after you patch and the server is back up.

logged in and got patched up and no difference, i still can only make 3 mins in a populated area then get disconnected

Host:

-Fixed a cause of some warping/lost packets

-Added additional feedback during login process

-Improved error reporting if a login error occurs

We're still trying to track down the cause of the lost connections; the problem does not occur with beta builds of client or host, and all indications thus far are that the client thinks the host has closed the connection and the host thinks the client has closed the connection, at the very lowest TCP/IP level, so we're looking for indicators of some non-code issue within our network infrastructure or hardware.

-k

I have faith in CRS, but still this is unacceptable for a game that has been on the market for such a long time. It seems like with 1.9.1 the connection problem has actually gotten worse.

Still getting disconnected after few mins of play, forcing a three-finger salute.

These problems have been with me for months, but there is no doubt that v1.19 has made them far worse.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0