Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloo

XML Parser Error

21 posts in this topic

Making this post as a sticky to condense the information we have from the thread reporting the issue.

A number of players have been encountering an XML Parser Error, though the error message itself appears to be misleading. Apparently, this is due to the config file (wwwiiol.xml) not getting installed correctly. Unfortunately, we are not able to replicate the problem here.

Can anyone getting this please send me their wwiiol.xml file (bloo@playnet.com)? Thanks.

Please try running the Settings program in your \Battleground Europe\ folder. Then please let me know what happens. Is there a different error message? Etc.

There are a couple of other possibilities.

Reinstalling the game fixed it for some, although a couple report that it was necessary to do this several times. Please try that. For best results, completely uninstall the game first by following these directions: http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall''>http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall' rel="external nofollow">

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall

A couple of others were able to fix the issue by locating the wwwiiol.xml on their system and copying it to C:\Users\\Documents. Please search on your system for "wwiiol.xml".

This file needs to be in: C:\Users\\Documents\Battleground Europe. If you find the file anywhere else, please copy it to that directory, then try running the game. For the players fixing the issue that way, they located the file in one of their AppData folder, something like:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe

Thank you for letting me know the results and for your patience.

Playnet Support

well am having this problem on a windows XP, and when i was searching the file to copy, big surprise, there was no file, actually no directory at all, the files are nonexistent. On the first time i installed, he just install the CRS directory, and didn't the playnet one, on the second the installed the both, but still nothing on my documents, there is just nothing there.

Radunz, try changing one of your settings in the game (i.e. turn off tooltips). If you are using all default settings, those files might not have been created.

i succed to repair the parser error but i still have a network error that close the game with a send or not send message to microsoft. please i do really want to play:confused:.

SilverBurn

I just submitted a ticket before seeing this thread.

This is what I sent in:

I used an installer from about two years ago, installed the game. Logged in, and started to patch the game. At this point the patch download speed was slow enough that I canceled it and downloaded the full game from wwiionline.com.

Uninstalled, then reinstalled using the newest installer. After logging in, when the game should start, a dos window with this pops up as well as a generic, "ww2.exe has enountered a problem... yadda yadda" message. The dos window displays this:

file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

file:///C%3A/Documents20Settings/Phil%20Greene/My%20Documents/Battlegroun

d%20Europe/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

file:///C%3A/Documents20Settings/Phil%20Greene/My%20Documents/Battlegroun

d%20Europe/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

data/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

data/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

I've uninstalled and resinstalled multiple times. Re-downloaded the installer, thinking the installer may have been corrupt. Also used the old installer and let it fully update. No matter what, I get the same error.

Help...

The xml file is nowhere to be found. I'm going to install using the old version, to see if I can save the xml file for use after its updated...

Reinstalled with the ooooold installer, found the file within program files, copied it out, reinstalled with the new installer, (still had issues) created the Battleground Europe folder, and dumped it in there. Works.

I believe the problem may be on installs where the vista has multiple users. I installed the game on vista with a single user and no problem. Multiple users and the folder does not get created with the wwiiol.xml file in the documents section. Let me know if this is correct or not...

iam getting xml parser error found xml file from old disc but trying to download newest installer showing download time 8hrs + only 20kps??????? new patch is ****:confused: dont know much about computors find file here put file here,what? sorry for being thick but can you explain in thicko terms .

I have this problem - I have tried loading game from boxed disc, works fine, till I try and go on line, then it updaytes and stops working.

I have tried downloading full new install and installing - doesn't work at all.

I cannot find in either a wwiiol>xml file to copy and move.

Please help - game looks excellent but I'm losing patience.

I have this problem - I have tried loading game from boxed disc, works fine, till I try and go on line, then it updaytes and stops working.

I have tried downloading full new install and installing - doesn't work at all.

I cannot find in either a wwiiol>xml file to copy and move.

Please help - game looks excellent but I'm losing patience.

Jimmy, I've started a new thread to help you out. Please see my response here.

I still have the same problem as Silverburn, fixed the XML parser error by going on my other computer, copying the Battleground Europe file into My Documents and it fixed the XML Parser Error. But now, whenever I try to open settings, Practice Offline, or Play Online, it just brings up the "Send error message to Microsoft" or what not.

Not sure what it is. I run off XP with this system doesn't work. My other has Vista, and works just fine.

Had the parser error.. out of the blue.

Im running XP, no other users.

Ran the config app, turned off sse, problem went away

After starting I have the help messages on every screen again.

Old school player trying to come back to WWII Online...getting parser error as well.

file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

file:///C%3A/Users/Brad/Documents/Battleground%20Europe/wwiiol.xml:1: parser err

or : Document is empty

^

file:///C%3A/Users/Brad/Documents/Battleground%20Europe/wwiiol.xml:1: parser err

or : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

data/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

data/wwiiol.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

Used the full download from your website for install.

I was able to fix this without reinstalling!!!

I loaded up the game on an old computer i haven't played on since 2005 and went through the playgate upgrader.

low and behold, i got this parser error.

Turns out, there was not a "battleground europe" folder in "my documents". I found the wwiiol.xml file in the DATA folder of \Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\Data, created a new folder in my documents [My Documents\Battleground Europe], moved that wwiiol.xml file there....and FIXED.

i'm guessing the old versions of playgate/ww2ol did not create this folder in "my documents".

Problem.jpg

After this patch, i can't login this game anymore,i also tried to uninstall the game and made a clean full install on 1.30.2

OS: Windows 7 RC x64 Language : traditional chinese (taiwan)

AMD Phenom X3 8450

ATi 4850

DDR2 800 4G;

I tried every methods above the thread but none of them works,i have wwiiol.xml in the folder already,but the problem still popped out,

Beside,since 1.30 everytime when i try to run "Settings.exe" which in Battleground europe folder it just says "WW2OL Setting Application Failed" and start reporting blahblahblah,but game still works until this patch :confused:

help ~~

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0