Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesgen

Xbox 360 Wired Controller for WW2OL

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible to set this up? Like I only have a xbox 360 wired controller and since I am on a trial I don't wanna buy a joystick that I won't get to use for a long time. Is there a way to set the keys for airplanes for my xbox wired controller. I have a program that can set my xbox wired controller buttons to the keyboard and mouse keys.

I was able to setup a saitek rumble pad for the game so the xbox should work....Asumeing it works on your pc.

Start up the game offline and spawn a unit then open the map, m key. Click the keymapper tab and try mapping the controller to a action. Save and then see if the mapping took.

If you have software that allows you to map the controller you can map to it or map ingame, however you prefer.

Continued...afterthoughts of sorts.

The flight axis' you will need to map ingame...Roll, pitch, and yaw. You can map throttle to 2 seperate buttons, map in the secondary + - collums. That way holding the minus mapped button dropps throttle/holding the plus mapped buttonincreases throttle.

I kind of see what you mean but my problem is...I don't know what roll pitch or yall even means so I don't know what I should set it to. Honestly I don't even know how to start a plane. Like the order. Engine then what? xD im in Offline mode dying left and right.

Roll, (alerions) wing over left or right.

Pitch, (elevator) nose up or down.

Yaw, (rudder) slew the tail left or right.

On takeoff, you use the rudder (yaw) to steer the plane left or right. You use pitch (elevator) to lift the nose so as to become airborn.

You use roll (alerions) to roll the plane on its axis..ie make one wing lift while the other dips down.

Takeoff: hit E to start the engine. Hit the ' key (just left of enter) twice, you'll see in chat continous RPM Max RPM.

Throttle up and let speed build, you will need to give a little rudder imput to keep the plane on a straight line.

Lift the nose but be easy don't yank the nose up. You want a smooth climb, just enough to clear the trees and buildings.

Now level out a bit until your speed builds then start a shallow climb.

Imagine this, when driveing with the window down you put your hand out the window. When your hand is level with the ground the wind does'nt pull on it hard. Roll your hand palm forward and it gets harder to hold it out. When you make fast/hard manuvers you put more of the planes surface into the wind. As the plane is actualy whats moveing/pulling you forward this slows you realy fast and kills your lift. Lift is what keeps you flying so killing your lift ain't desireable.

You'll need to learn to trim. Trim sets the elevator/allerions/rudder to bite the air more/less.

I and K are up/down (elevator/pitch) trims. These are most important as you want a bit of up trim on takeoff then as speed builds you'll need to trim down a little to keep the plane from climbing.

Trim takes time and pratice to master, 1st learn takeoffs and become confortable with controling the plane.

ya i used to use my 360 controller to play this

it works prettier good easier on your arm then playing with a joystick

ya just do what the guy said above just reset the keys to whatever you want them

I've used an xbox 360 pad in ww2ol. It's great for driving the opel. I would love to use it for more stuff. When the 360 first came out and I found out that the controllers were usb and computer compatible I was all sorts of excited. Finally a nice gamepad for computer. I went out and dropped $55 on one and GTA san andreas. I took it home and It would not work right with windows. The triggers would not keymap, not even all of the buttons worked in GTA. To me the only reason anyone would buy a gamepad for a computer is to play grand theft auto.

It's made by microsoft. You know, the makers of xp. How is it that they can't make the controller work right in their own operating system? The biggest thing that makes it suck is you can't adjust the sensitivity of the analog sticks. Whenever I tried to use them for guns in ww2ol they were just way too sensitive.

Like usual someone picked up the slack where microsoft dropped the ball. There's several aftermarket software programs out there that will let you fully tweak the 360 controller in windows. I tried a free trial of one and it worked great but I didn't want to drop $20 on the full version with the hope that one day microsoft would get off their dead lazy *** and write an actual driver/sensitivity/calibration/adjustment tool that works for their gamepad.

Seeing as the direction this game is going not only should it be possiable but in all likly hood will be the only controller available for it in a year or so...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0