• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgtspoon

How to set trim and flaps in 1.19 *UPDATED!*

29 posts in this topic

ok, here's what I personally am doing about it. hopefully CRS will finally listen to me and see the light but untill then, I'm working with a friend who's a programmer to create an external companion program to the keymapper that strictly deals with the map keybaord to axis functionality [at least to begin with].

CRS didn't change anything with the actual CFML code or how the game reads it at all. they just redid the keymapper interface which just basically is a way to read/write the cfml files and code.

the code can still be written by hand into the file and it's actually very easy to do and use.

I have a full tutorial on my website on cfml code, http://spoon.battlegroundwiki.info/cfml1.htm

http://spoon.battlegroundwiki.info/cfml2.htm

add this to your AIR.cfml or any aircraft cfml that you want it in. just make sure the code lines come between and in that file. it's best to open the cfml files with wordpad. also make sure that the code lines don't come in between any other and tags.

if you want any joystick axes actually mapped to them, you can still do that in the keymapper after you add this code...

the code you add will simply look like this...

{the keyboard key you want for increase}

{the keybaord key you want for decrease}

{the keyboard key you want to center the trim}

now for the other trims, you simply change the function name.

for more or less movement, change the values from "1.00" and "-1.00" [1 percent per keypress] to higher numbers like "2.00" and "-2.00" [2 percent per keypress]

if you want the smooth movement, ie continuous change the per="keypress" to per="sec". this will switch it over to the value being how much movement for every second you hold down the key that you define for that movement. you'll have to experiment with the values to find what works for you. remember that + means right or up movement of the surface and - means left or down movement of the surface...

if you want to use two joystick buttons instead, simply replace the parts with {button number}

here's how to set up flaps... {note: I previously had the function name as "flaps", the proper name is "flap control". that's why somepeople couldn't get it to work. my bad, they changed it on me}

[key you want to extend flaps]

[key you want to retract flaps]

[key you want for full retraction of flaps]

[key you want for full extention of flaps]

same rules as above. this is set to two keys moving the flap at 25 percent per keypress, and also two keys for full extention and retraction.

please spread this around.

EDIT: blanking out previous axis assignments is simply done by adding the tag . this is used like the clear keymap key, where it would say "no key" in the keymapper. like say you have a joystick trim knob mapped to rudder trim under the ALL keymap for planes but you don't want it on your HE111 keymap. you'd open up the HE111.cfml [whatever it's really named] and under the "Rudder Trim" codeline header you'd add that to "block" the air.cfml axis keymap.

also, I've noticed that the game can be a bit twitchy with reading cfml files, this is probably due to the new way that the cfml files are scanned because of the added "keymapping on the fly" while in the game world functionality. I can assure you the cfml code is still perfectly the same, you might have to make sure the cfml file is closed and restart the game for it to work properly.

I did all my cfml coding with the game not running, then saved it, then closed the cfml file, then started up ww2ol. it worked just fine everytime i did that, but I noticed if I left the cfml file open or did my changes to the cfml while alt-tabbed, it sometimes caused problems with being read till I restarted the game.

same rules as above. this is set to two keys moving the flap at 25 percent s, and also two keys for full extention and retraction.

please spread this around. I'm always available to be PM'd for questions and help with the keymap stuff and the best place to find me is by posting in the community support forum as I really don't peruse the other forums besides OT [shudder]...

hi and bump!

I was thinking same cause my old cfml file still working with the new 19 version!

sgt spoon, you inspired me (well.. your article about keymapper in fact!) a lot to make my (french) article on our 3dlm.net site!

thanx a lot for all your efforts....

I've noticed that I can alt-tab and edit my CFML files while spawned in.

• Edit the CFML file
  • save it
  • alt-tab back to game
  • open the keymapper to the equipment type of the CFML filw you just finished editing
  • Click "save changes"
  • your CFML edit works instantly (even joystick and mouse)

ooothought i would post this up for anyone who wants it

10 position Speed Flaps.

For these i use the numeric keypad which i dont use for anything else anyways.

10 may seem to be way to many positions at first, but each plane type has a diff amount of flap input that can be used in combat flight before causing instability or flap damage. This allows for adjusting with out a cfml for each plane.

Also allows for quick adjustment when trying to limp home with heavy damage

anyways i like it.

numpad .

numpad 1

numpad 2

numpad 3

numpad 4

numpad 5

numpad 6

numpad 7

numpad 8

numpad 9

numpad +

In order order for you to Alt-Tab out the game, you have to have a broswer open in the background before you start the game.. Or if you are already in the game you can press ctrl - alt - del to bring up the tast manager. Then you can alt - tab out

ooothought i would post this up for anyone who wants it

10 position Speed Flaps.

For these i use the numeric keypad which i dont use for anything else anyways.

10 may seem to be way to many positions at first, but each plane type has a diff amount of flap input that can be used in combat flight before causing instability or flap damage. This allows for adjusting with out a cfml for each plane.

Also allows for quick adjustment when trying to limp home with heavy damage

anyways i like it.

numpad .

numpad 1

numpad 2

numpad 3

numpad 4

numpad 5

numpad 6

numpad 7

numpad 8

numpad 9

numpad +

don't forget to remove all the keypad mapping from under the "VIEWS" catagory before using this code or you'll move your head in the direction that corresponds to the keypad key while at the same time setting the flaps to that position.

Hiya m8 I for one am not a puter guru,,so I need some help with your flap settings on how to do it (change my flap settings to 20 % incraments... I see all the stuff and it scares me dont want to mess up my puter :-))..I sure would like to get with you on this subject m8 thnx

Razar2 aka Ray

well, this stuff wont do anything to your computer as the files are only used by ww2ol, only while the game is actually running, and only are used to tell the game what the users settings are for the game. [they are simply the save files for the keymapper in the game].

if you screw em up, all you have to do is simply delete em and the keymaps will revert to the defaults. so there's no risk at all.

for 20% flap increments, you simply use the same codelines as I showed above, just change the 25 and -25 values to 20 and -20. like below...

[key you want to extend flaps]

[key you want to retract flaps]

[key you want for full retraction of flaps]

[key you want for full extention of flaps]

just open up your "air.cfml" file in the data/cfml folder located in the main ww2ol directory with notepad or wordpad [i use wordpad] and simply place the code before the last code line "" and save the file.

if you find you don't have an "air.cfml" file or even a cfml folder, simply fire up the game and go into the keymapper and then simply keymap one thing under the "fighters and bombers" header [the header only, not any of the specific planes] and save. woop there it is!

just remember to put the actual keyboard key that you want where the code is in yellow and not the stuff that appears in the brackets...

a not [blah, blah, blah, ect]

if you wanted a joysick button use the code {button number} ie "4 instead of [key you want to use]

I'd add the code first before really setting up your keymaps for planes just to keep it simple for you.

it's really not hard at all as it's pretty much in plain english [the keymapper save code] with just a few rules to follow....

just shoot me a pm if you need further help... [i'd see that faster than seeing a reply in this thread]

I'm assuming you can't go below 1%? I want my trim to be 0.5%' date=' but didn't seem to work.[/quote']

is it possable spoon?????

dj

hmmm, been a long time since I checked to be honest...

I don't think you can really go below 1% [value=1.00] but you might, I just wouldn't know of a way to actually measure the difference of 1% to say .5% [0.50] to tell if it's actually working at .5%...

I'm really busy at the moment with a ton of crazy urgent problems, so don't really have time to go into it. my heat's broken and there's a huge whole in my kitchen but thankfully my toilet just unfroze the other day plus my care assistant's car broke down, so hasn't been able to come in at all so far this week... so I've got way too much to deal with to even begin to think about testing this...

but I don't see why it wouldn't off the top of my head, unless rickb programmed the value tag in the cfml language to ignore anything in the decimal places... but I also don't know how you'd know if it's actually working at .5%, since the moment difference between 1% and .5% is incredibly tiny. putting in .5% might still move the trim surface, so with repeated keypresses you'd see the trim move in external view mode but it might be actually moving at 1% and not .5%...

so if I can find some time in the near future and actually remember to do it with all that's going on, i'll see what I can come up with in testing it...

ty spoon... my issue is with my rudder trim I can never find a nuteral area where I stay trimmed its always a bit left or right is why I was asking :)... good luck with all yer r/l issues spoon hurry back :)

dj

im running the game on windows vista 64 bit i cant seem to find the cfml file in vista anyone else find it?

not sure the file structure on vista to be honest...

just do a file and folder search for "cfml" or ".calib"

also, you need to run the game once to create the folder..

Might save someone a few minutes of frustration to note that if you want to have two delta values and a single absolute value, for example flaps up and down in increments and a single flaps all up key, you need to map the other absolute value as well. So, two incremental delta value keymaps and two absolute value keymaps.

Spoon mate, I know this is an old thread, but it's an excellent one. Id just like to ask about the "edit tags" you speak of in your guide there - I can't find any section on edit tags at all, and I can't see any example of them in your guide or my cfml files either. Could you explain what you mean by edit tags?

there is absolutly no need to map absolute tags in pairs, only keydelta is used in pairs but it's not even a technical nessesity to do so (but you should as you want both an increase and decrease value)..

you are a bit mixed up as to what you are saying but I know probably what you are trying to say...

what you are talking about is accidental cross mapping with the defaults...

to "blank" a default keymap, you need to put a null keymap on that "map axis to keyboard" function's mapping (specific index number) for whatever of the three types of mapping tags, regular, keyabsolute, or keydelta.

index numbers are basically two things in relation to the cfml code.. they tell the keymapper where to place the mapping and they denote that the mappings are actual "unique" mappings to each other (basically mapping 1, mapping 2, ect..). the "regular" mappings (such as to an axis, or to a primary or secondary keymapping for a button type input) are totally seperate from "keyabsolute" mappings and the "keydelta" mappings. meaning index 1 on "keyabsolute" is totally different than index 1 on "keydelta" or "regular" mappings...

so if the default has a keyabsolute mapping on index 10, to reuse that key on another mapping, you have to "blank" or "clear" that default mapping on that keyabsolute index number. here's the simple code how...

the value doesn't matter at all, just repeat for each index number you want to unmap. or you can simply clear the default keymap in the keymapper and this code will automatically be put in the cfml file...

now keymapper index "placement" is based actually on the previous version of the keymapper which had an expanded "map axis to keyboard" mapping section not the over simplified one currently in game which still uses the same index numbers but what it maps was simply chosen by crs as the "usual usage" of these mappings...

see there was a seperate screen that you would goto to map "axis to keyboard" mappings. "keyabsolute" had it's own section with ten mapping spaces (0%-100% in 10% increments, which is index 0 to index 10 respectively) and there was a seperate section for keydelta per keypress and per second with two mappable spaces (one for increase, one for decrease, and the value "per" action, index 0 was increase for "per keypress", index 1 was for decrease for "per keypress", index 2 was increase for "per second", and lastly index 3 was decrease for "per second"... (that may need to be double checked but it's not really that important)

so every function has three subtypes of mappings, regular, keyabsolute, and keydelta.. each with thier own "set" of index numbers...

in the new keymapper user interface, all you have for "map axis to keyboard" mappings are two spaces + and - instead of a whole extra screen with all the "axis to keyboard" mappings at one time. CRS has chosen themselves weither it's keydelta or keyabsolute (and the value) that's used (based on what's the most "general" usage). say for flaps, the + value would be index 10, with the value being 100% (fully extended), the - value would be index 0, with the value being 0% (fully retracted). now say for the function "gas" (this is just an example, I'm not using what's actually used as I forget at the moment), crs decided to use "keydelta per keypress" with the value being 10% increments. the + would be index 1, and the - mapping would be index 0.

but the cfml is NOT at all hampered by the interface limitation of the keymapper, it's just basically a "cfml editor".

but you can remove any defaults by simply unmapping them (clearing them) in the keymapper. it's important to make sure you do not cross map, or put the same key for both primary and secondary button input functions (functions that only use button inputs) as the game or keymapper doesn't detect "wrong" mappings at all. if you map a key that's mapped to something else in that vehicles crew position or in the view or general keymaps, the game will try to impliment them both at the same time with mixed results (no real "macro's" here at all in the cfml by doing this, tho with some mixes of function, you might get a decent result but you'll have to explore that on your own) and if you have the same key mapped to both primary and secondary mappings on an button input type function, when you press that key, you will be simultaniously activating and deactivating that function, lol.. you will NOT get proper activation of that function (even if it seems like you do for a time as it will eventually screw up).. so watch your mappings....

Note: with keydelta and keyabsolute index numbers do NOT have to correlate to the values at all (they kinda did with the previous version but there not being all those mapping places, it doesn't matter at all)

so the keymapper will only show so much...

but that's ok, the game goes on the cfml file, not the keymapper itself... so none of it's limitations. you can have 99 different keys (or key combos) mapped to a button type function (primary "index 0", secondary "index 1", tertiary "index 2", ect...), you can actually map joystick axes to button input type functions but they never work right as they aren't set up to accept a "variable" (which is exactly what a joystick axis is, variable input), just a fixed value (keypress/button press) and you can map keyabsolute or keydelta to them but they don't work right either as those values are hardcoded into the function. tho you can try exploring those mappings, maybe you will stumble across some unknown reaction that is benificial (as did someone who mapped their mouse wheel (when it was considered an axis by the game) to the aim function and created "auto aim" basically, no longer works by the by). now axis functions can have more than one axis mapping also (up to 99 actually) but the keymapper only displays the one, this is how we can map the mouse AND the joystick axis at the same time to a function. now keyabsolute and keydelta were specifically designed so you can try to (it's not perfect but it works very well with most functions) map the keyboard to a function that's supposed to only take a joystick or mouse axis (variable input). the problem is that you are assigning a fixed value to something that take variable values.. and how these functions work are directly related to the control function in question. you have to look how the joystick controls that function to determine how it's going to work. it's all based on "input percentage values".. some axes the input value denotes "speed" (such as how fast a turret turns) or the input value denotes the actual position of the thing being controlled (such as with wing surfaces, where the surface "tracks" right along with your joystick's position) or how much a control is "depressed" (such as a brake).. the problem with this is that the keyboard doesn't have a "centering spring", lol.. but in some cases you can sort of add one... (with the onrelase tag for keyabsolute, but again what this does is determined by the actual control function itself)..

so you may have to be a bit creative at times and really learn how joystick's and the cfml code works... but for most of the time, it's pretty straightforward.. hopefully, the application that fluth and I have been working on (it's an "ultimate keymapper") will eliminate all that for the player or if CRS finally updates the keymapper with alot more user friendliness (as I've made detailed suggestions about over and over through the years), they just don't have the time or energy to spend on it even as "simple" as it is... (which is the thought behind the "ultimate keymapper", it's basically a prototype for all my proposed feature additions, increased user friendliness ideas, other minor changes, and many player suggestions as well that I've submitted to CRS from back when I worked on the creation of the cfml till now, in the hopes that they will impliment them into the actual game keymapper...)

about the "edit" function, that was used back in the first iteration of the keymapper/cfml changeover and isn't really needed today but it still can be used (I think). it's a simple on/off flag that says this keymap can be editied or not by the keymapper. tho, there's no real need for it anymore as the keymapper functions differently than when it was needed...

there's also another "hidden" tag that can be used for mice. it's emulatejoystick="1" (again, I think that's exact) which reverts the type of mouse control to the previous type before mapping the mouse to a function was even supported and was left in so that those who got used to it back then didn't have to 'switch over' to the current (and proper) style of mouse control. what it does is make the mouse act like a joystick (except the problem here is that it doesn't have a "center spring"), you move the mouse in a direction from an invisible circle and to stop, you have to move it back to that invisible "center". it doesn't just track the mouse. it acts like a joystick with a broken center spring as is really difficult to control (in my opinion) but some players swore by it so Rickb was persuaded to put the tag in, tho we both think that those people are flat out crazy... lol..

so there's a little expanded info on the subject....

you do not need "pairs" of keyabsolute mappings at all...

the defaul mappings for flaps is q and w on index 0 and index 10 and you simply need to make sure those are unmapped from those keyabsolute indexs when trying to reuse them for keydelta mappings or you'll get a cross mapping....

also, if a code line doesn't have the Index="" tag at all, then it is considered index="0" by default. so index="0" doesn't need to be put in the code, but it wouldn't hurt anything if you did...

so say here's a regular mapping for a button function...

o

it actually reads like this..

o

so remember, every mapping is on an "index" number (a mapping that doesn't display the index tag is actually index="0") that's what make each mapping it's own "unique" mapping to the game. so keep that in mind when reusing a default key as it needs to be "cleared" of that keymap to be used elsewhere in that vehicles position without problems coming up. the default mappings do not appear in the keymapper at all, the code in the keymapper will override the defaults as long as it's the proper index number...

hope that helps!

ive got a stand alone trim wheel with usb connect that i would like to map to the elevator trim....i know that i have to modify the cfml file but not sure how to...since its not a push button and more like a throttle (potentiometer) is it possible to get this mapped?.. So far I havent been able to figure it all out.

Does this still work? No good doing incremental flap settings so far. (Haven't tested absolute yet.) The flaps only seem to respond when I hit the buttons multiple times, going between full and none. What's up with that?

Hello Tebriel,

please post your specs and the faulty cfml, maybe that someone will be able to help with more details.

If it's a Pot, then it has to be mapped as a JS axis. Is the game detecting it as a Joystick? If not, then it won't work. If so, then simply put the following into your cfml file

slider1

Where is the Joystick # (1, 2, etc) and >slider1< is the name of the Joystick Axis(x,y,z,r,rz,ry,rx,s,etc).

EDIT: Realise the OP was from last summer. Reponsed in case anyone else would have a question how to do this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0