• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgtspoon

How to set trim and flaps in 1.19 *UPDATED!*

29 posts in this topic

Does this still work? No good doing incremental flap settings so far. (Haven't tested absolute yet.) The flaps only seem to respond when I hit the buttons multiple times' date=' going between full and none. What's up with that?[/quote']

yes, it does work. You probably have it set where each keypress is n% of the total flap travel.

Please post your CFML file code and we can fix it for ya.

also, the graphic of the flap on the plane doesn't actually show visually the incremental positions looking at it in the game..

you cannot look at the flaps to see what position it is in.. it will only show as "Fully extended" or "fully retracted" looking out at it from the cockpit in the game...

but this is only GRAPHICAL it DOES actually affect the flight model in as if the flap were in increments... even if the flap itself looks like it's fully retracted...

the animation for the flaps moving to fully extended (or reverse "moving to fully retracted") isn't triggered till the flap is past 50%.

so if you set up incremental flaps at 10%...

you'll press the "increase flaps button" once and you'll hear the flap move noise but the flap won't move at all looking at it in game BUT the plane will totally react in flight (and takeoff and landing) as if the flaps are 10% engaged.

if you press the increase flaps button 3 more times, it'll be at 40% but will still show as "fully retracted". you'll hear three move noises, but no movement of the flap at all BUT the plane with totally react in flight as if you have the flaps 40% engaged.

press it one more time, you'll hear the noise but this time the flap animation will trigger and you'll see the flaps on the plane actually move in game. it'll move to the "fully extended" visual representation BUT the flaps will ONLY BE ENGAGED 50%.

so everything below 50% flaps will show as "flaps fully retracted", everything above 50% as "Flaps fully extended" and the animation will only trigger once you pass that 50% threshold in either direction.

the flap sound will trigger every time you hit either flap increase or decrease button unless the flap has moved as far as it can in that particular direction... meaning, if you have the flaps set to move incrementally at 25% with each keypress and starting at the "fully retracted" flap position. you hit the "increase flaps" button 4 times and each button press, will get a flap movement sound. the 5th "increase flaps" button press won't as 4th button press put the flaps at 100% "fully extended". each button press is 25%. 4 times 25% = 100%

so visually, all that looking at the flaps can really tell ya (when using incremental flaps) is if the flap is in one range (0% fully retracted-49% almost halfway) of position or the other (50% halfway-100% full extended) and that's it. don't trust your eyes, lol

so what you have to do is keep a mental note of your flap state. count the button presses/sounds... it's a pain in the *** but the rats didn't build the animation, the flight model has the functionality, the game just doesn't have the graphics to depict it...

some (or all) planes I think you can look at the controls and gages in cockpit and find the real life flap control and see where it's positioned and it accurately reflects what's going on with the flight model on the control (it'll show as 10% or 25% or whatever engaged).

cheers,

Spoon

Ahh! I think my question is answered - and I think it is working in that case. I was just doing this from the ground looking at the flaps visually and it only seemed to work in two settings, so I think my config is working. Thanks for the replies!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0