Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bates17

At a complete loss as to what to do, may have to quit

36 posts in this topic

i just cant play, every time i play i will play for maybe 2-5 minutes and ill just crash, the game will freeze, sound will loop, only way to get off it again is to restart, ive tried everything i can think off, nothing, im seriously at the point of just not caring now and playing wow full time, pls, i dont want to do that, pls, just, just help

here is a list of things ive done

1. made countless posts on countless forums regarding the issue

2. tried it on vista, had a nvddklmk crash. couldnt be resolved

3. set up a dual boot configuration and tried running on xp, again this crash

4. run many stress tests, on ram, mobo, gpu, processor, all game up ok

5. tried running with sli disabled

6.tried so many different drivers its beyond funny

7. resetting my overclocked cpu back to stock

8. tried overclocking my gpu

9. turned the fans to 100% on gpu

10. tried running with just one card in, and tried the other

11. tried modded drivers, always using driver cleaner after unistalltion

12.tried lowering EVERY setting in control panel and game to LOW

13. tried to replicate the error in games such as : cod5 cod4 wow fsx css bf2 bf2142 il2 rainbow six vegas, crysis, crysis warhead, cs 1.6, doom 1 2 n 3, fs2004, bioshock, portal, team fortress 2, tomb raider underworld, grid. none of those did it.

14. animal scarfice to the rats for help

Specs

Q6600 @ 3ghz

4gb ddr ocz reaper ram

8800gtx x 2

1000w thermatake toughpower psu

500gb samsung hdd,

uncoupios amounts of fans

auzentek prelude 7.1 sound card

my sound card is the ONLY thing i can remotely think off that may be causing my issue, but ive no idea how to find out if it is that, thats all i can say, i just need help :( , thanks (hopefully) in advanced

I agree that the soundcard sounds like it is the most likely problem.

I assume you've updated your soundcard's software already and that didn't work. Take out your sound card. Go into your MB's bios and turn the MB sound back on. Download the newest drivers. Go into your ww2 in game settings and change the sound settings to software instead of hardware. Make sure your MB sound is selected as the sound device ww2 is using.

I think that will get you playing again. I know that card has had issues with some apps. It could be that changing your ww2 in game sound settings to software alone could do it for you but you may have to go back to MB sound to play until the software issue is sorted out by either an update from auzentech or CRS. I know from personal experience and countless threads in here that running ww2 with your in game settings on hardware can cause crashing issues that usually disappear when you change it to software.

To confirm that it is a sound issue you can also try playing and replicating a crash in ww2ol with the sound disabled. That's what finally convinced me that the sound was what was crashing my comp a while back. Once I disabled the sound I couldn't make it crash.

To confirm that it is a sound issue you can also try playing and replicating a crash in ww2ol with the sound disabled. That's what finally convinced me that the sound was what was crashing my comp a while back. Once I disabled the sound I couldn't make it crash.

I recommend this by far, and if worse comes to worse; if you havent already, you can try and reformat =/

ok ill try the sound settings and so on.

as for heat yea i was thinking the same, but according to nvmonitor with fans on automatic my first 8800gtx stays around 75 at load and my 2nd with a little less ventilation is around 85-90 mark, ive heard thats well with in safe limits but if the sound soloution doesnt work then ill rip the other card out and try it on 1 card i spose

hmm, update, basically what happened is that i turned the sound setting thing to software, the crash occured, but without the looping sound, but it was a bit of a different crash, basically what happened is that my fps just droped and stayed at zero, ww2ol was basically like a slide show updating every few seconds, sometimes the secenry would be there sometimes not, luckily i died because i couldnt do any kind of keyboard input, and eventually auto depsawned and so far so good, i will try it now with no sound and see what happens, in the mean time any 1 else with any ideas?

85-90 celcius for a video card temp is not fine. That is about as hot as they get before failing. That's nearly 200 degrees fahrenheit. You could almost boil water on that card.

Clean out the heatsinks on those things good. Try playing with the side panel of the comp off. If that helps you may have to add a fan to the side door of you case beating down on your video cards to keep them cool enough.

Not only should you change the sound setting to software, take the extra step to try playing off of your MB sound instead of the card. I know that is supposed to be a top dollar nice sound card but it is the first of it's kind. Auzentech took an xfi creative sound processor and built one of their home theater cards around it. I looked at buying one but decided against it after reading about people's problems getting them to work right. There was all kinds of complaints about auzentech's software for the card. I'm not sure if it's been updated since.

I'm betting you'll run fine on MB sound. It's a little lower quality but not that bad. At least it will get you back in game until the sound card gets ironed out, if that is the issue.. =)

Don't give up man, you'll find it. I had to quite for 2 months once when I first built my core2duo a couple of years ago till they came out with new sound drivers for my MB that didn't crash my comp.

Try to change your soundcard drivers.. I had a problem like this when i played cod. The game lagged in the menu like hell. Maybe its worth a shot. I had to change to older drivers because the newest driver was the 1 screwing it up

its actually starting to look like a heat problem... ive come to notice that when i aim crashing im around the 90c mark, to be honest i genreally thought 90c was the standard temp for a gpu under load, so i took the side panel off, it feel to 67, played for 30 minutes with even so much as a hicup.... think im gonna stick a big fan in the side, just cant decied what mm yet :P, prolly a 200m

To Lazyboy

Just a personal thanks to you sir, ive made many a post on this forum regarding this similar issue and you have always with out fail come to a suggestion that always seems to help, from crashing every 5 seconds to every 5 hours has been largerly down to you, just a quick thanks to you sir :) !S

p.s Thnx to every 1 else aswell :)

You're welcome man, that's why I'm here. To give credit where credit is due. Hardcase did mention the heat thing first. He's a pretty sharp tool himself.

GPU's run a little hotter than cpu's but target temps are similar. 30-40 idle on a cpu 45-60 load. 40-50 idle on a video card 50-70 at load. (that does depend vastly on the card but generally if you're hitting 70 celcius you should probably see if you can change something and get it to run cooler) The problem comes when you have a dirty heatsink and it's summer time. Then your temps will climb out of control easily.

I run a 120mm fan on the side of my case blowing in. I removed all the fans on the front. Now I don't get dust in my disk and hard drives from air sucking in the front of my case. My temps dropped at least 5 degrees from the fan mod. You'll probably see more than that. It sounds like your cases air flow might leave a little to be desired. It cools off your cpu/mb and video card. I highly recommend it.

Good to hear you found the problem. Now you can go back to hardware sound in your ww2 settings. =)

Here's an old pic of my pc. It has the side fan mounted.

CopyofIMG_0646.jpg

I've taken that stupid front door off, got an ati4850 video card, a creative xfi platinum sound card, a corsair tx650 PSU, An asus p5Qpro and an e7200@3.8ghz since the pic. I'm extremely happy with it.

hmm, well i was testing and so on yesterday and it did crash again but the temp was medium, around 70 ish, so ive ordered a 220m fan :D to slap on the side blowing right on top of them gtx's, hopefully i can get em to around 50-60 mark on load, ive wanted to do something like that for a while anyways so even if it doesnt sort it it still means a cooler pc :]

70-80 celcius is perfectly normal for modern gpu's and it shouldn't cause any problems.

Well 90 celcius.. would say not good in the long run, but your card should handle that temp easily. Take for example the Radeon hd48x0 -series which is tested to handle 120 degree temps.

Not saying you don't have a heat problem, but generally those temps won't cause instability.

Had a 6600gt with poor reference cooler, ran almost at 100 celcius on stress. Only lasted like a year, see the connection? :)

I have a 4850. It won't run at 120 celcius, not even close. That is incredibly hot, like hot enough to start melting parts on the card. (250 degrees fahrenheit) It starts crashing when it's in the high 80's. It isn't hard to get it to run in the 80's either. It's a hot card, especially if you have one of the old ones with the first stock coolers. If you don't clean it for a month or two and play an intense game it will hit 80. I'm idling at 52 right now. Loading up below 70 even overclocked.

I wouldn't let any card go much over 80 if I could help it. It will effect the longevity. There's probably no way you'll get an 8800gtx on the stock cooler to load up in the 60's even if you get an aftermarket cooler. That's a hot running card. 70's is a reasonable goal. Above 90 is instability country.

If you crashed on a cold PC you might still be having a sound issue. Did you ever try playing on MB sound and removing your Auzentech?

I did some looking around. It seems many people with 8800gtx's are seeing your temps. There's an issue with many models where they won't run at 100% fan speed. If you want you can find and download rivatuner to turn your fan speed up to 100%. That might cool it off a bit. I would go for a 70's target load temp at intense load.

omg, im begining to think this is actually un solvable lads, no joy with the orignal soundcard, going to try and play silently for a while tonight see if it goes, if it does im 100% stumped for ideas, i can only think its a game problem.

will prob try a complete fresh install of xp if all else fails, ive installed quite a few drivers on it recently so they may be conflicting...

That kind of hang sounds hardware related for sure.

Maybe bad PSU? I've had very strange results from bad PSUs... one computer with bad PSU did not die... just act very strange.

Have you tried a good long memtest run to check the RAM for errors?

EDIT: The last step is really to replace or remove one part at a time and see when the problem stops.

like i mentioned in the o/p it just cant be a hardware issue, how can i play such graphical intense games (cod 5/4 crysis, assassins creed,grid) with out nothing , not even a 1 second freeze, just a nice solid 60-100 fps, think ive had video lag once with this rig and that was in crysis when some cheater let of 1000 nukes at the same time.

If iam not wrong, the game doesnt support 2x video cards. My suggestion, try to play with only 1x video card and see how this works. If you still get problems and you think it is the sound, try to uninstall your sound card and see if you still get problems. But since temperature could be the reason, it could be that your 2x video cards produce a lot of high temperature, try it with only one.

Auzentech Prelude is just a top sound card, better than the creative so far i did read. Maybe a driver issue, well just try to play the game without the sound card and see how it reacts and if there is any difference.

My own gtx260 video card is around 70 C when i play the game and 40-45 C idle. I had crashes with 140.48 driver and changed it, problems gone.

Dont overclock anthing first, just try things out with stock numbers.

If iam not wrong, the game doesnt support 2x video cards. My suggestion, try to play with only 1x video card and see how this works. If you still get problems and you think it is the sound, try to uninstall your sound card and see if you still get problems. But since temperature could be the reason, it could be that your 2x video cards produce a lot of high temperature, try it with only one.

Auzentech Prelude is just a top sound card, better than the creative so far i did read. Maybe a driver issue, well just try to play the game without the sound card and see how it reacts and if there is any difference.

My own gtx260 video card is around 70 C when i play the game and 40-45 C idle. I had crashes with 140.48 driver and changed it, problems gone.

Dont overclock anthing first, just try things out with stock numbers.

Always read the original post. The Auzentech prelude is a creative xfi card that uses the same xfi sound processor as the creative cards, only with all the other bundled software it tends to have more conflicts with games then the straight up creative card.

here is a list of things ive done

1. made countless posts on countless forums regarding the issue

2. tried it on vista, had a nvddklmk crash. couldnt be resolved

3. set up a dual boot configuration and tried running on xp, again this crash

4. run many stress tests, on ram, mobo, gpu, processor, all game up ok

5. tried running with sli disabled

6.tried so many different drivers its beyond funny

7. resetting my overclocked cpu back to stock

8. tried overclocking my gpu

9. turned the fans to 100% on gpu

10. tried running with just one card in, and tried the other

11. tried modded drivers, always using driver cleaner after unistalltion

12.tried lowering EVERY setting in control panel and game to LOW

13. tried to replicate the error in games such as : cod5 cod4 wow fsx css bf2 bf2142 il2 rainbow six vegas, crysis, crysis warhead, cs 1.6, doom 1 2 n 3, fs2004, bioshock, portal, team fortress 2, tomb raider underworld, grid. none of those did it.

14. animal scarfice to the rats for help

Specs

Q6600 @ 3ghz

4gb ddr ocz reaper ram

8800gtx x 2

1000w thermatake toughpower psu

500gb samsung hdd,

uncoupios amounts of fans

auzentek prelude 7.1 sound card

...but yes I would probably not even try to run with both cards in ww2.

Always read the original post. The Auzentech prelude is a creative xfi card that uses the same xfi sound processor as the creative cards, only with all the other bundled software it tends to have more conflicts with games then the straight up creative card.

...but yes I would probably not even try to run with both cards in ww2.

Depends which xfi card, i.e. the xfi extreme audio is just a rebranded audigy se, which was a rebrended 24-bit life and it does not actually have the EMU20K1 chip. It has no EAX5 and doesnt offer hardware dsp acceleration.Creative uses electrolytic and auzentech solid caps. Creative uses the XFI brandmark on this card for example but doesnt offer the XFI chip, so carefull which "xfi" product you choose, dont get tricked.

You get a lot of good infos here at http://www.driverheaven.net

in their own audio forum, some people are developers of famous modified softmods/drivers for creative sound cards. Maybe also some tips for bates17 if he has audio problems.

That's kinda a mute point. Yes, we know that not all xfi cards are the same and not all are hardware accelerated. It's talked about on here a lot.

Auzentech obviously doesn't built sound cards using creative's low end chips or software processing, so it would have to be the full hardware version of the xfi chip like the upper end creative xfi's. I have a platinum myself. I haven't had a gaming issue but it won't put out AC3 for my home theater decoder via the optical out. That's been my only big complaint with the card.

You're welcome man, that's why I'm here. To give credit where credit is due. Hardcase did mention the heat thing first. He's a pretty sharp tool himself.....

Here's an old pic of my pc. It has the side fan mounted.

CopyofIMG_0646.jpg

My man LAZY! How u been bro... been missin' ya in-game.... hope to see ya sometime... we miss that lazer lmg of yours! :D

btw.... the X-Wing rocks!

nice......

CopyofIMG_0646.jpg

Did you cut that out yourself or was that the way the case came with for the side one.

If you cut the plexiglass off what did you use and how difficult was it? I want to get a better side fan for my PC and get rid of the little holes on the side for the fan I already have in it.

I believe the little holes actually restrict air flow from coming in and out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0