Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dawnp

Some personal photos

65 posts in this topic

I think I'm going to have to find and purchase a copy of Tigers in Combat I. I think it may cover the Wehrmacht units. The one I have is Tigers in Combat II which covers the non Wehrmacht units.

Great books if you've not seen them. Covers every unit that had Tigers with a lot of AARs and day to day count of operational vehicles per unit. Also has TONS of unit and crew identified Tiger photos.

**Update Tigers in Combat I is on the way so maybe I can find your Tiger in there.

That would be epic.

Would love to know anything about that tiger.

Keep me informed, m8 :D

first time I seen this thread...

I am really no expert, so imma let you guys make the call.

In the first pic on the right side of the turret, that looks like a large "2" to me.

so uhh?

Tiger_schwere_panzer_abteilung_504_tunisia.jpg

If that site is to be believed, this is the captured 121 complete with a youtube vid of him.

Edited by deride

first time I seen this thread...

I am really no expert, so imma let you guys make the call.

In the first pic on the right side of the turret, that looks like a large "2" to me.

so uhh?

Tiger_schwere_panzer_abteilung_504_tunisia.jpg

If that site is to be believed, this is the captured 121 complete with a youtube vid of him.

Definitely the same tank as your picture, but isn't that YouTube vid of tiger 131 at Bovington?

If that is a 2 on the right side, wouldn't that be the last number of the tiger?

I am really no expert

You are for sure talking to the wrong dude here.

All I can tell you is a couple sites list it as 121, so I typed "tiger tank 121" into the googlez and bam, the video, along with other corroborating images. It also has a ton of contradiction as you can see, and I am gathering that the tank turret number is not unique.

Afaik The Bovington tiger was abandoned by its crew after a 6pdr jammed the turret traverse in an engagement with the British.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0