Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpanzerj

Windows doing the Matrix...

7 posts in this topic

Meh computers started doing random matrix like things with wavy lines and stuff over the monitor and all the writing is distorted.

Used to just be when i started up a program but now it does it when i load up the computer and when it goes past the windows logo screen the monitor just turns itself off - actual computer is still on.

Any ideas? Most importantly do you think its a hardware problem or a software problem?

Thanks!

Could be heat on the video card.

First thing I would do (and I know this sounds silly), is pop open the case and re-seat you video card and RAM.

Could be heat on the video card.

First thing I would do (and I know this sounds silly), is pop open the case and re-seat you video card and RAM.

I'll try that, mate.

EDIT: Oh ffs, its a screwed on case. I'll do in the morning.

Once again cheers.

Also simply get a can of air and blow the dust out of the heatsinks on the video card. Those things get super hot.

try connecting a different monitor and see if it does the same thing.

is it a LCD panel monitor?

^^^

If it's a CRT, you need a new one.

^^^

If it's a CRT, you need a new one.

oh i was thinking if its a LCD panel and its the Analog to digital kind with only the analog HD-15 (the blue monitor connector) he might of burnt his bridge out. Seen LCD's do the matrix before. and the splish splash purple to blue to red to green.

Have to wait and see.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0