Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maca

New Comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Finally ordered my new computer. Should be here by the end of the week. With my budget I think I did ok.

-E8500

-ASUS p5nd- 750

-4gb ddr 800

-680 watt power supply

-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

What kind of performance can I see? Hearing about the new unity II coming out.... am I in the green? I didnt order EVGA gtx. Not sure what much of a difference it was between that and other brands but I am planning on upgrading the card in not too long.

Finally ordered my new computer. Should be here by the end of the week. With my budget I think I did ok.

-E8500

-ASUS p5nd- 750

-4gb ddr 800

-680 watt power supply

-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

What kind of performance can I see? Hearing about the new unity II coming out.... am I in the green? I didnt order EVGA gtx. Not sure what much of a difference it was between that and other brands but I am planning on upgrading the card in not too long.

You did excellent. your not in the green your in the Diamond.

maybe maybe if the board supported it i would of went with DDR-1066. but the difference in fps and rippin through files would be slim to nill.

make sure you will out all the warrenty cards or register your parts on the manafacuters website.

see you on the battlefield dude. in HD at 50fps.

Sweet. Thanks. I was wondering what the difference was between the EVGA card and other brands considering I might double up on the cards? I didnt think about it before.

Sweet. Thanks. I was wondering what the difference was between the EVGA card and other brands considering I might double up on the cards? I didnt think about it before.

All i run is EVGA cards

dscf9403.jpg

the two top ones in my book are EVGA and BFG.

cards with the moniker KO, KO SC,and SSC are the best.

KO= knock out

SC= super clock

SSC= Super Super clock.

SSC's are lol lemme tell you.

BFG cards are Great because they are about = to the KO SC editions that Evga puts out. steller performance and they always have really really good coolers made out of some of the finest metals. You pay alot more but BFG cards pretty much run forever.

Make sure that card has plenty of cooling they get hot.

SLI set up pretty much doubles as a space heater for the 2nd story here.

[edit] cash down there was for my monitor. Not trying to be gangsta or some crap.

Don't forget to install new drivers after you get that up and running. The default Microsoft drivers are crap.

Don't forget to install new drivers after you get that up and running. The default Microsoft drivers are crap.

oh yes.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Fill out your info then click Search.

If you want to check out some of the newest stuff from Nvidia and what physics is all about.

this is all free stuff

http://www.nvidia.com/content/graphicsplus/us/download.asp

CUDA is pretty damn cool. If you have multiple cards you can select which ones to render graphics and which will do physics.

wish wwiiol could fit this in somehow. the only real benfit would be i'd guess super dank FPS for people with 8000,9000,200 series cards.

just use the same physics engine and port it to Ageia or what ever they call there version of physics.

-E8500

-ASUS p5nd- 750

-4gb ddr 800

-680 watt power supply

-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

Parts or pre-built? And how much did that set you back?

-E8500

-ASUS p5nd- 750

-4gb ddr 800

-680 watt power supply

-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

Did you get that from Newegg? I cant seem to find that machine there...

edit: This is the $680 (before shipping) machine I was thinking of getting for Photoshop, but yours looks better overall...

edit2: ugh, it's not even available right now, either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227138

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0