Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dooom

Netwrok Error: Check Firewall settings

95 posts in this topic

Out of the blue this has started to pop up everytime i launch - nothing is changed on my end... the pop up comes up - i hit the "ok" button then the game launches like normal - wth?

seems i have been suffering some pretty wonky stuff lately. high packet loss comes sometimes for weeks on end then *poof* goes away without me changing anything... some weeks i can play the game - some i can't . now this.

any possible explanations someone can throw at me?

Out of the blue this has started to pop up everytime i launch - nothing is changed on my end... the pop up comes up - i hit the "ok" button then the game launches like normal - wth?

seems i have been suffering some pretty wonky stuff lately. high packet loss comes sometimes for weeks on end then *poof* goes away without me changing anything... some weeks i can play the game - some i can't . now this.

any possible explanations someone can throw at me?

Got the same thing this weekend. No idea.

I have also been having this same problem, I have even tried turning my firewall off, also set all TCP ports as listed in WW2 support page, and updated all my Directx and windows updates, this all has not fixed the problem.... I am out of ideas, i have sent a email to the support team.

If anyone figures out how to resolve this issue pls post it..

I have also had this exact same thing happen as of this weekend and have never had this issue before, just click ok and can still connect to game no problem, but have also been noticing higher than normal packet loss in some cases.

- Headric

I have the same problem,it prompts me with the network error thing but when I press OK it works fine,however my ping is jumping a lot,between 150-250. It also has given me an issue,when I spawn my FPS is locked to 9 for about 2 seconds and then go back to normal.

ATI 4870x2

Q6600 3,2GhZ

4Gb Corsair Dominator

Also started getting this message during my initial load of the game. The game also seems to take longer to begin the process of loading and I often get a black screen for about 45 seconds.

I used to only receive this network error message after a CTHL and I had attempted to immediately reload the game. Perhaps it is an undesired effect from an attempt to reduce the CTHL issues.

im getting this today, ive also been connection lost all day yesterday and today, its got fairly annoying, almost every time i tried to spawn in today, any helpful ideas? i already set my firewall the crs recommended way.........

This started happening to me, out of the blue, last night when logging in and now happens each time I try to login.

Nothing has changed on my end.

Try this... change your setting connection to primary and change your resolution to ruffly same as desktop.

Tell me if this works or not plz.

I did change my connection to primary and I anyway use 1920x1200 (same as my desktop) as my game resolution. Still complaining about firewall.

edit:

=== Test Started @ Tue Mar 03 19:19:28 2009 UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 266ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 218ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 219ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 188ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 188ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 203ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 172ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 187ms

Connection tests completed OK.

Ok try this...

Start... settings.... control panel... Windows Firewall....(tab) Advance... click on restore defaults.

Tell me if it helps...

When launching be sure to "unblock" program.

Is it allowing you to play?... even though you are getting that message?

If your not able to play try search for all WWIIOL, Playnet, Playgate files... erase all and download/reinstall game components...

You might want to save your settings if you already have joystick or other components mapped out.

getting an even better one now. After the "Please check your firewall! Network setup error. Network access failed" message I get "The game was unable to initialize the video display. Configured resolution not supported by video card. Please check your video card configuration and try again." Then the game dumps.

I just updated my NVIDIA 7950GT (SLI) drivers.

Set your resolution to your monitor... not to your video card.

Find out what your max safe resolution for your monitor card is the set your video pref. to or just below that...

Be sure your game is set as close without going over your video card settings...

It's very strange. I have a Viewsonic widescreen monitor. In the Nvidia control panel under the "change resolution" tab it states:

1. Select the resolution you would like to change

viewsonic VG2

2. Choose the display settings for the selected display:

display resolution - 1680x1050 pixels

color quality - highest 32 bit

refresh rate - 60hz

If I go into the CRS folder in program files there is an exe program called settings. I clicked this and verified that my settings for the game match this resolution.

I think part of the problem was using a new software app that I purchased called Uniblue driver scanner. When I went into my hardware profiles and device manager it listed the driver for the Viewsonic monitor as being on the nvidia card. I uninstalled the driver and now it just list "default monitor". Lets hope that corrects the problem.

update - I reinstalled the correct viewsonic display driver for the model I own and that didn't fix it. Still getting the same error when I initialize the game. I'm not sure what has changed since updating the drivers. I regret using that Uniblue software now. I went in and unistalled the nvidia card drivers and the monitor drivers then rebooted. Then I reinstalled everything and still get the error.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0