Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dooom

Netwrok Error: Check Firewall settings

95 posts in this topic

I smell **** up all over this,KFS1 boo boo...

I get the same message as others,click OK

I get > Playgate.exe

Playgate has encountered a problem and needs to close,we are sorry for the inconvenience....

Ive deleted everything in my machine to do with playgate and wwii online,even in the registry,as told in another post, downloaded the full install AGAIN,installed the game AGAIN same thing everytime..

Exact same here. Completely fresh machine, XP and fully clean download. (had to flatten machine due to virus) Not I get firewall msg then windows error, then back to desktop.

As I said in the other thread Just resubbed today to Find I get this nework error, my ping in game has always been under 90ms, done traces many times pings in 50ms range, yet as soon as i pick my side game stops responding, Yet its fine off line, SOMEONE ****ED UP THE NETCODE. reading these forums and seeing there been a lack of any useful information or a fix makes me think I made a big mistake for even trying to come back, probably my last time..... every time i return Its a new issue from keeping me from playing.

CPU: Phenom™ X4 Model Number: 9600

GPU'S: 2xATI 3870 Crossfired

PS: OCZ Game Xstream 700w

RAM: 2x2gb ozc reaper 1066

=== Test Started @ Mon Mar 16 00:18:14 2009

UTC ===

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 47ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 47ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 47ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 46ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 47ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 47ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 47ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 47ms

Connection tests completed OK.

Primary(cogent) network

Using host IP 66.28.224.141

Connected! Took ~131ms

Requesting 522 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 640 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 800 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1000 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1020 byte packet: Took ~60ms

Requesting 1200 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1300 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1338 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 2Mb in 1568 large packets: Took ~6428ms (avg 4ms per)

Estimated bandwidth: 2.61Mbps

Ending session: Took ~60ms

Connection test completed OK!

Secondary (Savvis) network

Using host IP 209.144.109.141

Connected! Took ~111ms

Requesting 522 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 640 byte packet: Took ~60ms

Requesting 800 byte packet: Took ~60ms

Requesting 1000 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1020 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1200 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1300 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 1338 byte packet: Took ~50ms

Requesting 2Mb in 1568 large packets: Took ~6501ms (avg 4ms per)

Estimated bandwidth: 2.58Mbps

Ending session: Took ~60ms

Connection test completed OK!

SO WTF the problem is????????

I just resubbed and am also getting the "Network Error: Check Firewall settings" message' date=' but then the game locks up and the "not responding: end program" window comes up, so no play. [/quote']
When i log in a pop-up comes up saying ( Please check ypur firewall network setup error: Network access failed ) then the game loads up to the WELCOME TO BATTLEGROUND EUROPE then the freezing up happens . Help please
Ok, I fixed my problem. Apon loading the game i got the network connection error display. Clicking OK on that would still let me load the game. Once in the game at the brigade screen the game would freeze.

I choose a persona the map screen comes up and starts to 'zoom' to my location but half a second later the game freezes. I managed to get task manager up and the process is using 100% on one of my two cores.The only way to fix it is to kill the process. I've tried three times now with the same thing each time.

Game is now unplayable for me too :(

Trend, what Vid card/ drivers is everyone using?

Anyone having the problem where when your game loads after hitting ok....it gets to loading objects on the loading part of the game, and your screen cuts out?

I'm not sure if the game comes back or not, will wait a bit longer for next time.

I heard doing a full uninstall...including reg keys of game and playgate should help.

UPDATE:

Went back to CD drivers come with new card ( GTX 260) still the same,so put latest driver back in 182.08, hit login firewall message comes up,BANG into the game i go,no drop outs , been getting in everyday with the same firewall message coming up,but hit OK straight in,ive had 2 CTHL's in 3 days,not bad considering.

Got no idea why its decided to let me in ??????.

Finally Fixed My issue with network/ game freeze on bde screen , I had to roll back my ati drivers to 8.12 or earlyer, 9.1 and 9.2 both lock up right away.

same problem here. i have no firewalls, all drivers and windows vista (64) is up to date. now i'm having %80 packet losses. does anyone know what's the problem and how to fix it?

It's just an old bug. One of many with this game but this one has popped up again. The last one was fixed with a patch.

Ugh the **** you get with this game is so lame. I didn't renew my subscription because you can't force AA anymore, because it crashes the game... but just now I decided to re-subscribe for a month, and I get this crap. Unbelievable.

Start ... login ... network problem, whatever, okay... game loads, after it loads, ****ing back to the desktop.

If there's one problem with CRS it's that they don't take problems like this seriously. A significant amount (by which I mean more then 4 or 5) of players are getting this problem.

Their priority should be fixing any large problems like this *before* adding new stuff or finishing their china patch. Someone has to teach them how to retain players, pissing off a good chunk of the playerbase with rubbish like this that still isn't fixed a month or two on is bullsh*t.

I'm still getting this since the recent patch. The only solution is a fresh restart of the computer if I want to play. Launching the game a second time without rebooting gives me the error.

Rats, any solutions coming down the pike? Many people in game still getting same error.

Myself and the core people I regularly run missions with in Ventrilo (about 12 players) get it. A lot of my squadmates get it as well.

I used to get this with w2k, but it wasn't a problem. But now with Vista it is - some times, perhaps if I don't click the 'ok' button quickly enough, the error box messes up my resolution and I have to reboot to get correct resolution back.

So I'd like get rid of the network error box. (I don't know if it is the real reason for the resolution screw-up).

With w2k and Sygate software firewall I got th network error sometimes. Now with Vista and Windows Firewall I get it every single time.

This resolution thingie just happened to me again. I don't know if this "network error" box has anything to do with the resulution screw-up.

Here are some logs:

ww2net.log:

Thu Jan 01 05:45:35 1970 network election of 2 addresses: 66.28.224.143:519ms. 209.144.109.143:540ms. Winner: 66.28.224.143

[Thu Jan 01 05:49:25 1970] Netcode2: netcode2 usage disabled by preferences.

[Thu Jan 01 06:10:28 1970] Netcode2: netcode2 usage disabled by preferences.

ww2launch.log

v_name: GenuineIntel

model: Unknown

family: 6

model: 15

stepping: 6

feature: 00000007

yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX

yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE

yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2

no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW

os_support: 00000007

yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX

yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE

yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2

no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW

checks: 0000000f

-serverip 66.28.224.143 -serverport 27017 -serverotp 3225907783 -side 1 -width 1280 -height 960 -bpp 32

Launched ww2_sse2

ww2error.log

D:\WW2OL\WW2_sse2.exe

File version: 1, 29, 3, 255

Program compile time: Dec 23 2008 14:49:30

Date and time: 4/11/2009 3:11:37

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x00578e5e

Exception tried to: read at address 0x00000000

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x0000002b, ES: 0x0000002b, FS: 0x00000053, GS: 0x0000002b

EBP: 0x0017f5c4, ESP: 0x0017f22c, SS: 0x0000002b, EIP: 0x00578e5e

ESI: 0x00000000, EDI: 0x00000000

EAX: 0x0017f618, EBX: 0x0017fef8, ECX: 0x00000000, EDX: 0xc0000005

ww2errinfo.log

I too resubscribed a few days ago, and did not have the error. Then the error box started happening, clicked ok and the game loaded fine, etc.

This was last week. Then I loaded the game a few more times and the error box did not come up, everything fine. Then it started happening again, and still does, but I can still play so not too worried about it.

I just resubed myself after 3 years. I get the firewall error the first time I start the game. I have been able to get in the game but it has been crashing occasionally. This is only me second day back so I'll give it a little time.

Get this error everytime I start it up....but I seem(at least so far) to be able to play the game....

Get this error everytime I start it up....but I seem(at least so far) to be able to play the game....

Same.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0