Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newfive

New Video drivers out

8 posts in this topic

I must have messed something up while trying to update drivers. Now I get an error when I try to run the game.

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=265527&page=2

I went to the nvidia website and downloaded the latest driver. I uninstalled the old drivers and rebooted. Then I installed the new drivers and set them to 1680x1050 @60hz SLI enabled. I also uninstalled the viewsonic VX2235WM (VESA native resolution 1680x1050 @60hz) display drivers and then reinstalled them.

I'm not sure what else to do. I hope windows restore will work.

Rare praise for Microsoft - Dear windows XP PRO system restore feature, thank you thank you :)

Rare praise for Microsoft - Dear windows XP PRO system restore feature' date=' thank you thank you :)[/quote']

always saves the day.

always saves the day.

It did indeed. I was at my witts end on how to undo what I'd updated. Lesson learned - be careful using driver updater software even if it is Microsoft gold star certified. This is especially true with video drivers.

Perhaps an even better lesson learned - If it ain't broke don't fix it. and always utilize some type of backup/restore feature before you do start tinkering with drivers.

I'm running the 182.06 drivers, and I have this issue that the drivers had a couple years ago.

PLay a game, and the FR is crap. Alt-tab out, then jump right back.... and the FR rocks.

After a while, it lowers, and I have to repeat.

This was a known issue back in 2007 til some update fixed it. Anyone seen this?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0