• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newfive

New Video drivers out

8 posts in this topic

I must have messed something up while trying to update drivers. Now I get an error when I try to run the game.

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=265527&page=2

I went to the nvidia website and downloaded the latest driver. I uninstalled the old drivers and rebooted. Then I installed the new drivers and set them to 1680x1050 @60hz SLI enabled. I also uninstalled the viewsonic VX2235WM (VESA native resolution 1680x1050 @60hz) display drivers and then reinstalled them.

I'm not sure what else to do. I hope windows restore will work.

Rare praise for Microsoft - Dear windows XP PRO system restore feature, thank you thank you :)

Rare praise for Microsoft - Dear windows XP PRO system restore feature' date=' thank you thank you :)[/quote']

always saves the day.

always saves the day.

It did indeed. I was at my witts end on how to undo what I'd updated. Lesson learned - be careful using driver updater software even if it is Microsoft gold star certified. This is especially true with video drivers.

Perhaps an even better lesson learned - If it ain't broke don't fix it. and always utilize some type of backup/restore feature before you do start tinkering with drivers.

I'm running the 182.06 drivers, and I have this issue that the drivers had a couple years ago.

PLay a game, and the FR is crap. Alt-tab out, then jump right back.... and the FR rocks.

After a while, it lowers, and I have to repeat.

This was a known issue back in 2007 til some update fixed it. Anyone seen this?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0