• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rscott3

Xp increase your FPS

67 posts in this topic

Xp Users

Go to your playnet directory c:\playnet\crs\ww2OL\ and find the

ww2.exe file. Right click it. Hit properties. Click compatibility.

Click Run this program in compatibility mode for windows NT.

For me this has stopped just about all the studders.

Now, Go to your ww11 online settings which you should find in your

start menu. The settings you can find in the playnet start menu.

I have increased my Frames Per Second (FPS) by doing the following. 34 fps to 80 fps

In video make sure your video card is found. Not default!

I clicked on No Frame Run Ahead and and No lock to refresh. I have

a Nvidia Card and this increased my Fps about 10

My Desktop is set to 1074 x 768 at 32 Colors. This is what I set

the game at. Try and use the same settings as your desktop.

Go to Sound, Made Sure your sound card is found not default>

Master Sound set at second click to left. This will stop alot of sound

problems. Turn the Master Volume down it will stop alot of the pops and garbled sounds especially in the bombers.

I have 3d sound on at 64 sounds.

Goto Special Fx.

Clear Viewport= check on

Shadow Size = None

Visual Distance I have Set to Far since I have increased my FPS

by the following. You can set yours down if your Frames Per Second

still is not that great.

Hud Visability=off

Big FPS killer. You can use your y key in game to open up comms etc later in game.

Bullet holes=16 ( who wants to look at 128 bullet holes?)

The Following will increase your FPS in a major way.

Suppress Muzzle Light= Click and check on

Muzzle Light= You need this unchecked you want to see

who's firing at you

Suppress Tracer Smoke=Check on

Another Big FPS hit.

Lod field of View= Check on

Lod Limit Per Frame = Check on

Game still looks great! lets go on!

Visual/Visual Limits

Dithering =Check on

Texture Reduction =Check on (Game Still Looks good)

Anti Alasing= = Keep Blank uncheck

Enable Specular= =Check on not too bad on FPS hit

And improves textures alot especially

in Aircraft.

Enable Multi-Texturing =Check on

Visable Player Limit = I set to Medium, You can experiment with

this one.

Water =Huge FPS hit. Set it to Disable Shaders

Goto Misc =Disable Radial Clutter. Not a huge Fps

Killer but you want higher Frames Rates

dodn't you!

Goto Trees = High Distance Detail I set to the first line

on left by near. Cound the lines starting

from left 0, 1, 2 etc. Set at 1

=Low Distance Detail I set at the number

two line from left. First line 0 then 1

then two.

Everything still looks really great especially on the ground. Just enough High detail in trees to move around and enough low detail

so everything still looks great. Move those sliders down. This is a big FPS hit.

Tree Resolution = click on enhanced for Nvidia if you have it.

Tree Vertex Shader= Click on Use Vertex Shaders

Render Options = I have Video Ram on Since i have a Video

Card with 128 Megs ram.

Hope this Helps Anyone who's really havin some problems.

The Game still looks great and I have increased my Frames Per Second by about 50 and have way less Studders with the Nt Fix.

The Nt fix dosen't help everyone but if you want too Try it!

thanks rscot3......it really helped. For the first time in a long time a had e real dogfight without any major stutters...thanks again:)

lol, thanks for this.. i was looking at settings before seeing this thread; i saw that i had system ram on and i was thinking , 'wtf i have a x800 256 mb and i'm using SYSTEM RAM??'

OMFG this is it!! this deserves sticky!

My FPS went from the 80's to 120's on air.

...although that when not close to city and flying at 3K, I still approach a conteseted town and my FPS stalls...then back normal...then freezes for a sec....etc.

-

intel p4 3.4GHz HT

1 gig ram DDR2

nvidia 6800 256mg

lol' date=' thanks for this.. i was looking at settings before seeing this thread; i saw that i had system ram on and i was thinking , 'wtf i have a x800 256 mb and i'm using SYSTEM RAM??'[/quote']

Unfortunately it is not as easy as that. I have a 256 Mb card and the combination No vertex shaders and System RAM works best for me...

Thank you rscott3, helped me alot.

got meh fps from 20-30 in towns, to steady 40+, sometimes up to 80!!

Thank you alot again!!!

S! smokeeye

P4 540, 3.2 GhZ

Geforce 6600 256 PCIE

1 GiG ddr2 Fast ram

Its working!!! i got a push playing as an inf. 12(22)- 17(44) in battle near or inside Town. In tha air i have like 30-45 haveing 8-26 before. Great guide, Thank you v. much.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO MORE 1 FPS IN THE AIR! I LOVE YOU MAN!

Although I miss the high-qual trees... I suppose I can always go back and change it if I decide to take a break from flying and play ground. :( We need graphics settings seperated for when playing ground or air... I don't lag at all when full visuals on the ground, but sheesh in the air... lol! I spike to 1fps if I'm moving, if I stay in a general already loaded in area its not too bad I will still spike..... No lag at all though on ground

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO MORE 1 FPS IN THE AIR! I LOVE YOU MAN!

Although I miss the high-qual trees... I suppose I can always go back and change it if I decide to take a break from flying and play ground. :( We need graphics settings seperated for when playing ground or air... I don't lag at all when full visuals on the ground, but sheesh in the air... lol! I spike to 1fps if I'm moving, if I stay in a general already loaded in area its not too bad I will still spike..... No lag at all though on ground

You can still see hi detail in trees when your close up

Xp Users

Go to your playnet directory c:\playnet\crs\ww2OL\ and find the

ww2.exe file. Right click it. Hit properties. Click compatibility.

Click Run this program in compatibility mode for windows NT.

For me this has stopped just about all the studders.

Now, Go to your ww11 online settings which you should find in your

start menu. The settings you can find in the playnet start menu.

I have increased my Frames Per Second (FPS) by doing the following. 34 fps to 80 fps

In video make sure your video card is found. Not default!

I clicked on No Frame Run Ahead and and No lock to refresh. I have

a Nvidia Card and this increased my Fps about 10

My Desktop is set to 1074 x 768 at 32 Colors. This is what I set

the game at. Try and use the same settings as your desktop.

Go to Sound, Made Sure your sound card is found not default>

Master Sound set at second click to left. This will stop alot of sound

problems. Turn the Master Volume down it will stop alot of the pops and garbled sounds especially in the bombers.

I have 3d sound on at 64 sounds.

Goto Special Fx.

Clear Viewport= check on

Shadow Size = None

Visual Distance I have Set to Far since I have increased my FPS

by the following. You can set yours down if your Frames Per Second

still is not that great.

Hud Visability=off

Big FPS killer. You can use your y key in game to open up comms etc later in game.

Bullet holes=16 ( who wants to look at 128 bullet holes?)

The Following will increase your FPS in a major way.

Suppress Muzzle Light= Click and check on

Muzzle Light= You need this unchecked you want to see

who's firing at you

Suppress Tracer Smoke=Check on

Another Big FPS hit.

Lod field of View= Check on

Lod Limit Per Frame = Check on

Game still looks great! lets go on!

Visual/Visual Limits

Dithering =Check on

Texture Reduction =Check on (Game Still Looks good)

Anti Alasing= = Keep Blank uncheck

Enable Specular= =Check on not too bad on FPS hit

And improves textures alot especially

in Aircraft.

Enable Multi-Texturing =Check on

Visable Player Limit = I set to Medium, You can experiment with

this one.

Water =Huge FPS hit. Set it to Disable Shaders

Goto Misc =Disable Radial Clutter. Not a huge Fps

Killer but you want higher Frames Rates

dodn't you!

Goto Trees = High Distance Detail I set to the first line

on left by near. Cound the lines starting

from left 0, 1, 2 etc. Set at 1

=Low Distance Detail I set at the number

two line from left. First line 0 then 1

then two.

Everything still looks really great especially on the ground. Just enough High detail in trees to move around and enough low detail

so everything still looks great. Move those sliders down. This is a big FPS hit.

Tree Resolution = click on enhanced for Nvidia if you have it.

Tree Vertex Shader= Click on Use Vertex Shaders

Render Options = I have Video Ram on Since i have a Video

Card with 128 Megs ram.

Hope this Helps Anyone who's really havin some problems.

The Game still looks great and I have increased my Frames Per Second by about 50 and have way less Studders with the Nt Fix.

The Nt fix dosen't help everyone but if you want too Try it!

When starting the game and you see your playnet logon tool make sure you stop Microsoft internet exploer in background.---Click the x

box on top right to stop it. Then click ok for your planet ww11 online lauch

Good post btw, while its here can i make a petition to CRS. Please can we have two sets of settings for the game! I find in theair that reduced setting are fine and help performance whereas on the ground they can hinder gameplay. Would it be possible to specify two sets of game setting for air and ground rarther than having to restart game in order to change when changing persona. I think this would help.

Good post btw' date=' while its here can i make a petition to CRS. Please can we have two sets of settings for the game! I find in theair that reduced setting are fine and help performance whereas on the ground they can hinder gameplay. Would it be possible to specify two sets of game setting for air and ground rarther than having to restart game in order to change when changing persona. I think this would help.[/quote']

they should just think about hiring better coders and coding it properly. the engine could run so much better if it were coded right.

Thanks for all the imput guys. I made this quide to help people that were having problems with there Frames per Second. Let me kindly repeat this, This is a post for people who are having frames per second problems.

Please let CRS know that you would like to have different settings for flying, and on the ground in a different post.

I promise I'll read it! Lol!!

Thanks guys

Good post ..................BUT many subscribers are still having FPS issues dispite all attempts to get a handle on it. I am one of those who since the 1.19 release I have unplayable FPS and studders mixed with lost connections to host. I can't even begin to describe what I have been through to try to make an effect on the problems. In a nut shell I have been configuring,updating,testing changing, enabling/disabling,exchanging hardware, adding hardware,deleting/reinstalling, monitoring, ticketing,netchecking,logging, posting , and reading. What I have found is this is not a user end issue for me. I can not satisfy the server to allow me to play. I have been working with support and they are "aware of the issues" and have said they are working on them..................but at this point we have no news..........no info of progress. I unsubbed because I can not get a handle on this no matter what. If your working your system to get this to run and you can't do it within 2-3 days and 2-3 hours each day.........let it go. You won't get anywhere other than angry. I have basically paid one months rent on something that I can't use.............I hope nobody else has to jump the hoops that I have to find out nothing you do will change the issues.

When I had download 1.18 I had problems with frame rates. Read post and found how to change to the NT thing in the folder as this post tells you to do.

Now we got 1.19 and my frame rates has gone to the dogs.

Nothing has changed. Where I use to get 28 to 35 fps I now get 8.

Get alot of people in a town will stay at 8 fps. This sucks. This is a problem CRS has because I am hearing how alot people are having FPS problems.

Hell I got better frame rates when I used to play Planetside before I discovered WWII Online.

I have been thru all the Tech and Tips. Over and over. Now I hearing about on board sound causing fps problems. On & On.

I love this game but I am really getting sick about studdering and fps, CDT when I die, on & on.....

Is there no end?

Wow 8 FPS. I take it that you changed the settings didn't you?

Before the nt fix i got alot of studders.

Have you checked your puter for spyware?

Spybot search and destroy is a great program and its free!

when I play this game I shut down norton, microsoft-antispyware,

alg.exe (which is part of microsoft firewall),print spooler,

system restore, and a host of other crap that's running on my computer. You can confiqure a seperate startup just to run this game. Maybe some people here can tell you how. I might learn how I can do it instead of manually stopping everything in services before i get the game started. I have two gigs memory and that helped my puter with some studder problems. The nt fix helped alot for me.

The biggest increase was when I started experimenting with settings to get the biggest fps boost and still have the game look

decent. Man I sure hope you can get your puter and this game to

better performance. The reason I posted this simple quide was that anyone with any basic computer skill could set his settings down. Get Spybot search and destroy first and formost if you dodn't already have it and check your puter. Shut down programs you dodn't need in services.

reinstall a current video driver.

Not one that was made three months ago or whatever, I mean a current driver.

I dodn't know how much puter skills you have but maybe some of the suggestions will help.

If anyone else has suggestions on how to increase there FPS please help. Dodn't be afraid to post if you have some positive imput.

This is all B/S.

Its not the system.

It is tweaking, but this is not giving you more than 20% of the fps you have.

The problem is, that this game is not well programmed/coded, and other games are. Tell me one game where all these tweaks are needed to make it running.

CRS standards are not up to date.

Let these guys do something about it. Now.

I did everything said here and its great, except, now when i play

the game as infantry i have a repeating problem, when i hit the fire button on the mouse (or sometimes the aim button) , the start button

tool bar from windows at the bottom pops up, at this point i am

frozen in game and it takes me a good while to get rid of it (trying

to find mouse pointer to close it) . this has only happened since

i changed my compatibitly to NT, the game runs better faster

since NT setting, but cant be infantry.

can someone figure it out please?

The problem is' date=' that this game is not well programmed/coded, and other games are. Tell me one game where all these tweaks are needed to make it running. [/quote']

...but at this point we have no news..........no info of progress.

BUMP!!

To me this is still the greatest game ever. This is why I have done all the tweaks, upgraded my video card, RAM etc...and it is also why I will hang in there for a performance patch. However, I would just like to hear someone from Cornered Rat Software® say that some users are experiencing problems because of a glitch in the programming rather than have me spend countless hours messing around with my computer beyond the parameters of my knowledge. Eyeti, Gnasche and SgtSpoon have helped me immensely in the past, but when the problems are on both ends, there is only so much they can provide. Just my two cents.

RodTX

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0