Followers 0
Guest Rscott3

Xp increase your FPS

67 posts in this topic

NOPE

did the tips NOTHING, OH WAIT

IT MADE black screens for me while in tanks as GUNNER

I did everything said here and its great, except, now when i play

the game as infantry i have a repeating problem, when i hit the fire button on the mouse (or sometimes the aim button) , the start button

tool bar from windows at the bottom pops up, at this point i am

frozen in game and it takes me a good while to get rid of it (trying

to find mouse pointer to close it) . this has only happened since

i changed my compatibitly to NT, the game runs better faster

since NT setting, but cant be infantry.

can someone figure it out please?

I dodn't know if this would help you but Right Click your toolbar,

and check lock the taskbar. On toolbars right arrow point your mouse to that and make sure nothing else is checked like desktop,

quick launch etc.

my fps did raise a few, but now when I'm ingaging a enemy aircraft, while in a destroyer, I studder something aweful. Any other time seems fine, only while DD.

Well that NT compatibility thing along with the other tips, sure worked for me. The last half hour I have had the best dogfights ive had since I joined this game in year 1. FPS jumped 20 in combat and 40 out of combat.

Thanks mate. Hell im even looking forward to getting back into the air in this game!

S!

I did all of the suggestions on the first post and then started the game. It began fine, fps better than previous runs and graphics even looked better BUT.... Now I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message stating a Runtime Error. It lists the Program C:\Playnet\CRS\WW2OL\ww2.exe. Under that it says "Abnormal Program Termination". The only option is "OK". After the message WW2 shuts down. I know S#!T about computers and messages like that don't make me happy.

I am running WW2 on a 2.8 ghz system, Nvidia GeForce fx5200. System ram is 512mb. Cable Modem.

Wow. That has been the biggest help I have found ever during my playing of the game. I went from flying across the map stuttering to absolute smooth performance.

-Boman

Cheers to you

I did all of the suggestions on the first post and then started the game. It began fine, fps better than previous runs and graphics even looked better BUT.... Now I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message stating a Runtime Error. It lists the Program C:\Playnet\CRS\WW2OL\ww2.exe. Under that it says "Abnormal Program Termination". The only option is "OK". After the message WW2 shuts down. I know S#!T about computers and messages like that don't make me happy.

I am running WW2 on a 2.8 ghz system, Nvidia GeForce fx5200. System ram is 512mb. Cable Modem.

I think I would post your problem in this forum, maybe someone could help

you with it!

thanks' date=' got most done. how do i get to the exe file?[/quote']

Look on page one where I show where the exe file is. Its under playnet.

Have you have installed ww11 online into another Hard Drive? Like maybe

Drive D? or somewhere else? You can find it under playnet

I have windows XP pro, it is not listed in the selections is this file to run. Ay suggestions? thanks, found the file.

For me is impossible to game in this condition!!!!

When i fly in normal condition, i have 100 fps... but when im battle with other aircraft i have 3/15 fps... IS INCREDIBLE...

Anyone help me?????

I have try all tips... but nothing...

Sorry for my poor english...

!S all

For some reason, when I go to my start menu, then CRS, then BE settings, many of the menu's labels appear as #####

For instance, when I click on the video tab (to make the changes you suggested), the label (which is obviously for the video card setting) is "######"

Not sure why.

It's more than likely that the "start in" directory of the shortcut you're using to launch into settings (and Practice Offline, btw) is incorrect or blank. You can either go into the properties of the shortcut and fix it, or browse to your Battleground Europe folder and run settings.exe (and ww2.exe) directly from there, or create new shortcuts.

Yes, Gnasche, that worked (to get past the "#####" problem). Thanks.

Now to figure out why I am Crashing To Desktop each time I try to play it (worked yesterday) online or offline.

I'm running Windows XP prof, with SP2. Should I follow the first recommendation and set my ww2.exe file to windows NT compatibility?

I doubt NT mode will fix the crashes you're having. It has to be something in Settings. Make sure everything looks good and your soundcard is selected. At what point does it crash? After you've spawned a unit or during loading? If it's during loading then disable radial clutter under the Misc tab in Settings.

BUMP!!!!!

For the first time since release had stopped flying because of the stutter....

this fixed that issue! Thanks.

It was the shortcuts....when properly linked, I can get in the game.

Now I'm having a different problem (both online and offline). Anything I do has a delay -- just firing the guns in an aircraft, walking, etc. The delay is between 1 and 5 seconds, and isn't the natural delay built in to the game to make it realistic (pulling the trigger in a 110 shouldn't take 5 seconds to start firing). Ideas?

Im gonna try it now. hope this works. I used to fly with 15 FPS. now I can't fly cause I can't load textures. Maybe now i will be able too again!.

I tried all the fixes but did not get much improvement. I think switching to video ram did help the stability as I think there are fewer stutters. The switch to NT compliance did not work at all and I went back to default. From reading these posts I doubt I'll try flying. My FPS rarely exceeds 30 and usually hovers around 20. I especially experience stutter in buildings. Would the quality of the monitor make any difference? I just have the basic 17" Dell monitor that came with the system.

Win XP Home

Pentium 2.0 Mhz

768 Ram

Radeon 9600XT 256 Mb

Run this program in compatibility mode for windows NT.

For me this has stopped just about all the studders.

I tried it, don't see any difference. Last time I spawned, a few minutes ago, the FPS sat at 0 for about 5 minutes, and then finally picked up.

Maybe.

Hud Visability=off

Big FPS killer. You can use your y key in game to open up comms etc later in game.

Seems to be. I tried this and, flying a plane, tried toggling it off and on. With the HUD on, I got single digit FPS spikes (can be very deadly, especially when flying) every few seconds. when I would turn it off, it did seem like I got a lot fewer, but I would see them still every few minutes.

Overall, however, these suggestions, while they may have helped some, don't seem to be a major fix. The game is still virtually unplayable for me.

" Go to your playnet directory c:\playnet\crs\ww2OL\ and find the

ww2.exe file."

I'm a computer moron but I can't seem to find my exe file. I purchased a CD key online and downloaded the client (even tho it never asked me for my CD key "shrug"). I have a CRS file and a Playnet file but the CRS file isn't IN the Playnet file. And I can't seem to find a ww2.exe in either of them. Any idea whats wrong?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0