• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jokeri

Game crash with notification "videocard stopped responding"

25 posts in this topic

I'm having this unregular problem of game suddenly crashing and windows giving error message "videocard stopped responding".

My vidcard info from dxdiag

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS 512

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0600&SUBSYS_2022107D&REV_A2

Display Memory: 2544 MB

Dedicated Memory: 497 MB

Shared Memory: 2046 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Yleinen PnP-näyttölaite

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2um

Driver Version: 7.15.0011.8122 (English)

DDI Version: 10

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 1/15/2009 08:19:00, 8612352 bytes

You have Vista or XP?

Turn aero off if you have Vista. I was having the same problem you were having and I switched from the nvidia drivers on nvidia's site and went with the drivers from Omega.

It seemed to work and I don't crash as much as I did before.

You have Vista or XP?

Turn aero off if you have Vista. I was having the same problem you were having and I switched from the nvidia drivers on nvidia's site and went with the drivers from Omega.

It seemed to work and I don't crash as much as I did before.

I have vista x64.

Gotta try those omegas. thanks!

If it says "Driver stopped responding and has now been recovered" or something like that,it's a bug with Nvidia that made me leave them. Very annoying. It can also be caused by unstable overclocks.

I don't recommend the drivers from Omega either,they are very old and I doubt that they even support your card.

I would rather try the DNA drivers (Which are a few months old..) found here:

http://www.donotargue.com/page.php?id=887

Search this very forum my child and you will see many a post by myself with the same issue on a 8800GTX, but never fear! i solved it!

After many many enraging nights tryin to figure it out, i did one simple thing and it stopped the whole issue!!!

would you like to know what that was???

Im gonna tell ya soon

wait for it...

waiiiiiiiiit....

i switched back to xp '_______', fixed all my problems,

sorry :(

Search this very forum my child and you will see many a post by myself with the same issue on a 8800GTX, but never fear! i solved it!

After many many enraging nights tryin to figure it out, i did one simple thing and it stopped the whole issue!!!

would you like to know what that was???

Im gonna tell ya soon

wait for it...

waiiiiiiiiit....

i switched back to xp '_______', fixed all my problems,

sorry :(

Heh, I have old squaddie having this same issue in vista x64 but got rid of it when installed windows 7. So seems like options are xp or win7 :P

I don't recommend the drivers from Omega either,they are very old and I doubt that they even support your card.

Ummm the drivers from Omega are more stable than any of the other drivers I have found. Even the ones you linked to.

well. If it just started to happen recently and it worked before. try a system restore.

start/allprograms/accessories/system tools/ system restore.

pick a date on the calander before the computer starting greifing you.

Am trying the basic settings with aero off in vista - will let you know how it goes. This problem sucks.

My system : Vista X64 intel 8400 Dual core NVIDIA 8800GTX. 4Gb ram

As I said in other post my problem was randomly white screen and freezes and sometimes that error message you said.

I downloaded the patch:

"KB953186 - Description of the Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 hotfix that resolves certain system and application crashes on computers that have multi-core processors"

And now I´m working with last nvidia drivers without vid problems. Only packet loss problem remains :(.

Hope that helps. You can google for the patch "Windows6.0-KB953186-x64.msu" Give it a try.

S!

My system : Vista X64 intel 8400 Dual core NVIDIA 8800GTX. 4Gb ram

As I said in other post my problem was randomly white screen and freezes and sometimes that error message you said.

I downloaded the patch:

"KB953186 - Description of the Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 hotfix that resolves certain system and application crashes on computers that have multi-core processors"

And now I´m working with last nvidia drivers without vid problems. Only packet loss problem remains :(.

Hope that helps. You can google for the patch "Windows6.0-KB953186-x64.msu" Give it a try.

S!

XE, on the microsoft site there were 2 hotfix files compatable with my system. How many hotfix files did you download & install ? 1 or 2 files ?

"You can google for the patch "Windows6.0-KB953186-x64.msu" Give it a try."

THIS is what I did. Plus I turned off Aero in display settings by disabling transparency.

I flew a bit at lunch with the beta in offline mode. Last night I was experiencing crashes with this after about 5-10 minutes. Under the regular server, with the current version, I would crash somewhere after 1/2 hour to an hour - I have not had a chance to test this YET.

BUT playing beta offline, I flew the 110F around straffing vehicles and targets for about 20-25 minutes with no crashes yet. I will post again when I have sufficient time to "really" test things on the live server for an hour or two, hopefully later this evening.

Well, i downloaded both the hotfix files, installed one, then the other file said it wasnt needed on my system when i tried insatlling that one.

I just played the game as Luftwaffe, and i thought it had worked, as this was the biggest portion of the game it freezes-white screens-cthls. but sadly after 20 minutes or so, it broke again :confused:

Well, i downloaded both the hotfix files, installed one, then the other file said it wasnt needed on my system when i tried insatlling that one.

I just played the game as Luftwaffe, and i thought it had worked, as this was the biggest portion of the game it freezes-white screens-cthls. but sadly after 20 minutes or so, it broke again :confused:

Sorry to hear that. I have aero disabled ... dont know exactly what exactly has worked for me but my I have any vid problems since installed that patch. Good luck I hope you find the solution.

S!

Thanks for the info. It's funny, i can play as infantry ok, its just flying & using Bofo guns that cause me trouble, that i have found thus far. Last campaign it was ok.

My subscription is up at the end of the month, i dont think i am going to renew it this time around sadly, as the game is so unpredictable.

Well for my part - so far so good. No crashes yet, but haven't had a marathon session yet either. Will share info when I have more. Again, Aero off, and hotfix installed.

Well for my part - so far so good. No crashes yet' date=' but haven't had a marathon session yet either. Will share info when I have more. Again, Aero off, and hotfix installed.[/quote']

beazil whats the specs on your power supply. im just curious.

It's a thermaltake (sp?) 480 watt. I will be upgrading to an 850 watt soon so I can do SLI, but for now it's been much more stable than before. I'll post back in this thread if something changes.

It's a thermaltake (sp?) 480 watt. I will be upgrading to an 850 watt soon so I can do SLI' date=' but for now it's been much more stable than before. I'll post back in this thread if something changes.[/quote']

It´s fine if your system is more stable now. Maybe this patch can improve stability for more people using Vista. I´m playing since whole past campaign without any video problems. I hope your stability will persist for a long time. Good luck :).

I am having the same problems with the video card not responding.

i7 920

GTX295

6 GB Ram

Asus P6T deluxe

Vista64

Asus Xonar D2X

Zalman 100W power supply

I ran OCCT through all the tests in addition to memtest. All temperatures, voltages, and memory check out.

All system drivers are current.

I have also tried using the latest beta drivers from Nvidia.

I have tried disabling one GPU (in case SLI was the problem)

I have everything at Nvidia recommended settings except vsynch forced off. The game still hung with it on anyway.

Aero is off.

Vista is up to date.

I could not apply either of the hotfixes mentioned, so they must have already been incorporated in Windows updates.

This is the only game that I have the problem with. L4Dead and CoD WaW run great.

I do have some packet loss issues, but I am sure they were there before and the game ran fine on my old rig. This is a brand new build and I have never been able to get WWIIOL stable on it. I tracked the packet loss down to show it was not from my hardware and even replaced my router and VOIP adapter anyway.

I am at my wits end on this. It looks like the only option I have left is to try other 3rd party drivers or get used to not playing WWIIOL.

Sometimes this appears to be a problem with how Nvidia drivers get installed. The new drivers aren't overwriting a certain driver file correctly, leaving a default Microsoft version of the file, which then conflicts with the new drivers.

The fix that worked for me was to manually install the latest drivers. This is not as complex at it might sound. Salsatech has easy step-by-step instructions with pictures. It only takes a minute or two.

Please try that if you encounter this error.

http://www.salsatech.com/2008/07/19/fix-vistas-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-issue

Sorry to hear that. I have aero disabled ... dont know exactly what exactly has worked for me but my I have any vid problems since installed that patch. Good luck I hope you find the solution.

S!

Thanks Xe! You solved my problem!

For those of you wondering which hotfix, when I went to ms to search I got two choices of dl's - which confused me as well.

when I googled as xe suggested I got this http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?showtopic=11095

click link, dl file and install = g2g, at least for me. Hope this helps someone!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0