Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chemoxrt

.calib files for individual unit types

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to set up different rudder calibrations for different airplanes, as described by SgtSpoon in this thread, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I've tried putting different rudder calibrations in files called p38f.calib, d520.calib and even air.calib, but the only one the game ever uses is global.calib, no matter which unit I spawn. I've tried both on and off line. No dice.

Anyone know if this might be a Mac-specific problem? I'm asking also over in the hanger to make sure I'm doing it right and that PC users have gotten it to work.

I tried to do the same, since it's become clear that CRS aren't going to the fix the rudder issue anytime in the near future or after.

This fix doesn't seem to work for the mac.

the fix should work, but you cant see it in the keymapper cause the keymapper

only shows the global.calib

The unit .calib's are loaded on spawn of that unit.

If you want to be sure a fix calib is working go make the rudder value so high

that it wont move at all and test offline.

adjust value until it gives you enough input, also be sure to try setting a response curve as well.

Merlin,

I'm quite sure the only file being loaded is global.calib no matter what. I made quite a drastic change in the rudder setting (including the curve of the line) in the other files so I could be sure it was loading, and it was definitely not being used.

I think this might need to be listed as a Mac-specific bug.

as merlin said, make sure you are directly testing the in game performance of the vehicle as the ingame calibration/sensitivity screen will NEVER show any file other than the global.calib as it's not built to read any other file, so cannot be the gauge of what file is actually in use on that vehicle.

you never clearly answered that.

it may well be a MAC specific bug, it may even be a cross platform bug but gotta rule out user error first. So i'll need you exact methodolgy for creating the file, what filenames you are using, placement of the file and also it's complete contents.

we'll go through those two things, then I'll ask you to run a few tests for me and then I'll ask someone else with a mac to run the exact same tests and then I'll run it past the mac beta team and if we find it there, I'll make sure that Rickb hears about it directly and fixes it when he can [can't bother him till I'm absolutley sure as he can be a bit of a grumpy fellow cause he's so overworked.]

I'm on the case, just work with me to help track it down properly and I'll see to it getting taken care of, if it is a bug, it's probably a very minor one and can be fixed easily.

As I posted in the bug thread, it is a bug and RickB is fixing it. The code is incorrectly looking for a path

.Data/cfml/tank.calib

Not sure if you can fake it out or not, .Data is not exactly legit.

ah, see it is to be ./Data/cfml/unit.calib, darn typo or something on cross compile?

windows can use a fake directory named .Data maybe Mac can?

in which case the interim fix is copy your data folder to .data

copy not move

give it a shot

D:\Games\WW2OL>mkdir .Data2D:\Games\WW2OL>dir Volume in drive D is Drive D Volume Serial Number is A44E-0C37 Directory of D:\Games\WW2OL11/29/2005  08:27 AM	

See

ah, see it is to be ./Data/cfml/unit.calib, darn typo or something on cross compile?

windows can use a fake directory named .Data maybe Mac can?

in which case the interim fix is copy your data folder to .data

copy not move

give it a shot

D:\Games\WW2OL>mkdir .Data2

D:\Games\WW2OL>dir

Volume in drive D is Drive D

Volume Serial Number is A44E-0C37

Directory of D:\Games\WW2OL

11/29/2005 08:27 AM

See

Wait, I'm little confused on what the pathway should be to try and make this work. Would it be:

username/Library/Preferences/ww2ol/Data/cfml

or should it be ".Data"?

oh, ok, Ricks already on it. great.

less work for me to do!

thanks ahwulf!

man, I've just been so busy with real life to keep on top of all these things like I used to...

glad to see alot of people have my back, it used to be that I was the only one to take care of all of this...

feels good it not all having to be on my shoulders like it used to...

thanks everyone!

hopefully things will calm down sometime in the future and I'll be able to be actively on top of all things keymapper and controllers again to start moving it to a more positive user friendly thing with CRS like I used to....

Rick fixed it. Next patch' date=' whenever that is.[/quote']

Awesome! Thanks again, ahwulf, for getting this to his attention so fast.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0