• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Intermission Submissions Thread ..........

61 posts in this topic

Only the Seriuos will survive in this Thread :)

Post the Idea or Plan Here. No Discussion here please, Ideas & Plans Only. Everthing else will be sent to Fourm Heaven :)

Here're 2 concepts to be studied :

Concept 1 : "Chinese intermission"

It is supposed to allow Rats to better understand what China will be expecting of the game, and what features could help improve the global organisation. Remind that HC's will be managed by game employees and these will be expected to lead players efficiently (which is currently hard)
- HC's are 100% managed by 2 opposed RATS teams during ? hours.
- Rats must be extremely ev
s
ere and force a true military organisation (requesting that only officers leading a platoon build with volunteers may join the organisation, everyone must ask for an objective and not act without permission, etc.)
- To make it even more fun, Rats must set up true HQ's in their offices with huge maps deployed on a table, and staff wearing military clothes. Videos and pictures of the event as proof.

Concept 2 : Back to the ol' days intermission

Purpouse is to remind players how it was before current rules were added. It would also help RATS to evaluate the impact of current gameplay settings.
The following could be achieve throughout BEGM settings :
Day 1
: back to 2001
- no msp
- no depots
- AO radio timer set to 10 seconds instead of 10 min
- "unlimited" supplies
Day 2
: back to 2004
- no msp
- AO radio timer set to 10 sec

How about an intermission made of several rotating scenarios?

One intermission scenario I would like to see based on the April 1st screenies:

There have been events when the rats have to hold out in the castle against the players, sounds like good fun. How about a reverse of that where the players have to hold a town against waves of CRS Mechs, piloted by the rats of course! Would be great fun to blow off DOCs arm even if I got atomised by Killers laser right after :)

How about a "Benjamen Button Intermission" ?

Start with the highest tier and quickly work to the lowest tier.

Here're 2 concepts to be studied :

Concept 1 : "Chinese intermission"

It is supposed to allow Rats to better understand what China will be expecting of the game, and what features could help improve the global organisation. Remind that HC's will be managed by game employees and these will be expected to lead players efficiently (which is currently hard)

Concept 2 : Back to the ol' days intermission

Purpouse is to remind players how it was before current rules were added. It would also help RATS to evaluate the impact of current gameplay settings.
The following could be achieve throughout BEGM settings :

i'll see if i can get something worked out. Thank You for your submission. sometimes people forget were they were once in awhile. it might be Tons of work on the Texas HQ's end but i will make sure that i do see wether tis s possible or no. Teaxs has the Final Say so depending on there Work Load they are under.

but for us 1st year players, goin back to the begining, and having the newer players seeing where the Gamne started and how Far CRS has come would be mind blowing to the players not here for the 1st 3 or 4 years f the game.

How about an intermission made of several rotating scenarios?

One intermission scenario I would like to see based on the April 1st screenies:

There have been events when the rats have to hold out in the castle against the players, sounds like good fun. How about a reverse of that where the players have to hold a town against waves of CRS Mechs, piloted by the rats of course! Would be great fun to blow off DOCs arm even if I got atomised by Killers laser right after :)

you mean the Saucer SS?

don't know if they will ever go to that place.

i like the idea of he Rats Last Stand being flopped and the Rats and HC ae the aggressors and n the Offensive. that will be written up and submitted as a Kill-a-Rat event

Thank You Sir

How about a "Benjamen Button Intermission" ?

Start with the highest tier and quickly work to the lowest tier.

how about we make each Tier evenly spaced in the T ime aspect? But i do lie the Flip Flop our Suggesting.

Thank you Cat \~/ Cheers :D

How about a

D day....kinds like in saving pvt ryan but saveing pvt ben

That would take Landing craft and is aready on the drawing borad as a future Realism Event and Intermission if we even get that piece of equipment ingame.

This is a scenario that gets me all Excited to do. Maybe instead of an Intermission, and CRS having a Birthday coming up, Maybe we could come up with a way to Improvise like Malize did in the P.H. Special Event he held.

The "stuff we never see" intermission!

Where we get sports cars, mechs, blen Ts, and regular equipment. Then make some sort of crazy looking line (Mickey Mouse shaped?).

Idk, play with that...

Btw, D-day with freighters= awesome!!

Here is my 5 cents, how about a Battle of Britain. This I think would cause much needed large scale navel battles, which are almost non existent in this game:cool:

for the D-Day event, couldnt we use FMB's as a sort of landing craft? the germans could set up defenses on the beach and then a bunch of FMBs could run ashore. freighters could deploy msps and tanks from their cranes. but really, im up for anything.

can wait for the 1.30 release

S!

i just came up with something cool. we could have an event where we make an armored spearhead like the germans did. we could have tanks in the front in a triangle formation, then behind them, 2-3 lines of apc's with inf in them. the center line would be apc's instead of supply trucks because it is a small battle and the event would be too big and long if we did it really realistic(thats for campain lol) and no msp. with lw support too. basically an armored spearhead attacking an allied held area. something like this(only downsized and altered to accomadate the game/event):

but i like the d-day idea more(even tho we have 39-42 equipment, not 44 yet) it would be easier and probobly more fun.

how about having just one objective rather then the many we have now. have both sides focused in one area. would make for massive battles. or would it be too laggy?

i just came up with something cool. we could have an event where we make an armored spearhead like the germans did. we could have tanks in the front in a triangle formation, then behind them, 2-3 lines of apc's with inf in them. the center line would be apc's instead of supply trucks because it is a small battle and the event would be too big and long if we did it really realistic(thats for campain lol) and no msp. with lw support too. basically an armored spearhead attacking an allied held area. something like this(only downsized and altered to accomadate the game/event):

but i like the d-day idea more(even tho we have 39-42 equipment, not 44 yet) it would be easier and probobly more fun.

this would probably have to be a Special Event, as Intermission usually run for 48 hours or so.

how about having just one objective rather then the many we have now. have both sides focused in one area. would make for massive battles. or would it be too laggy?

it would probably be to laggy as you put it and the Vis limit might hinder this. I'm finding out alot of things that we can not do as to it would mean a whole lot of Coding and re-writing of the Server stuff. which of course we all know takes time to do and also would have to Test it to make sure it works.

October 1940: Operation Sealion

September 1940: The RAF has finally succumbed to the determined Luftwaffe offensive. There is now nothing stanidn in the a German conquest of Great Britain.

1st October 1940, 0300 hours: Huge concentrations of German ships and aviation are spotted rallying in the channel. Reports are coming in of large concentrations of paratroopers landing in Brighton and Canterbury. By 0600 full scale amphibious landings have begun in Dover and Deal. Their objective is simple: the complete subjugation of Great Britain.

===================================================

For Operation Sealion the British should have almost unlimited number of infantry (10,000 per brigade) to simulate the home guard, though they should only have one, if any, air force brigades in the vicinity. The British navy should be based in Brighton and Margate. The Germans should have lots of planes and a good navy but not many ground troops. It should be really fun IMO.

Sounds AWESOME. And you beat me to it. I wanted to add my two cents to your suggestion, though.

It should be heavy on ground troops by both sides, as err, the big H hadn't opened up the Ostfront yet. The Home Guard for the Brits was ill equipped, mostly using leftovers from the first World War, and equipment the main army no longer needed.

Maybe we could assign certain brigades with expanded manpower to be HG brigades, but restrict them to tier 0 gear, and no vehicles apart from trucks and the French AT Laffly. No SMGs and a limited number of SMGs. Sappers would mimick the homemade sticky bombs that were stockpiled, but ATRs would also be out. Grenadiers would definately be gone, also. Thinking further on Sappers, improvised explosives wouldn't be as effective as regular satchels. Would it be possible to cut the number in half for each sapper?

AT guns were prevalent, but again, were leftovers of WW1. Maybe only the worst of the worst AT guns, but they would be positioned on the beaches, waiting for the Axis.

FMBs could be used as troop transports as long as there are strict rules against using small arms against them, mimicking the actual landing craft that would have been used. Actual transports would also be allowed, but in limited numbers. (Though the number could be increased slightly so that we don't have one guy doing all the TT work.)

I would assume the Brits would have little to no DDs or FMBs of their own because of air superiority, but it could be possible in this strange world that they captured the French ships instead of blowing them to bits. Maybe a handful of DDs and a low number of FMBs.

AA gun numbers would be PHENOMONAL, seeing as everything gone to building planes would have probably been switched to making other supplies, namely AA pieces. Home Guard would get few, if any, while the normal brigs would get an expanded inventory.

The Axis would have a tremendous number of planes, but the Allies would, again, have fewer.

If the Allies think this scenario isn't fair to them, there should be restrictions on Axis, also.

Falschirmjagers would have to stand at rally points that were randomly picked within a certain area of where they will drop. When they reach the rally points, they will be allowed to use their primary weapons. They would be restricted to only knives and pistols for the classes that have them untill they reach the rally points. This would work on the honor system, mostly, but Rats and the MLs would watch their maps and make sure nobody cheats.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, Axis could have two JU52's fly together to a depot, simulating a ME 323. The 323 was a huge transport plane, made to carry several tanks or dozens of infantry. This could be done with MSs, and tanks spawning into depots once we cap a city. The numbers of tanks would stay at around 3-8, 3 being heavy tanks and 8 being things like 232s or tractors and 88s and other heavy guns. The other tanks would fill the in betweens.

20-50 infantry would be able to spawn once the two land, if they're not carrying any tanks that flight. The JUs would be able to make as many flights as the pilots could stand before wanting to shoot something, at which time two other pilots could take over.

There would be four 323s if you accept this, so 8 JUs in stock. Both would have to land without flipping within the same-say, 1000 meters of each other. They would land near an MS, allowing the inf to spawn, or a city, allowing tanks. If the JUs are carrying infantry and one goes down to a 20mm or 40mm, half the infantry die. This is in regards to what fortresses the 323's were, having heavy armor(Enough to warrant JATO packs to takeoff.) and many guns to guard against EA.

They would be restricted to Tiers 0-1 and maaaybe 2, thinking of the havoc bombers would wreak on Allied RDP.

That about wraps it up. Does this belong here, or should I have made a seperate thread for it?

I have a suggestion:

Spilt the map into 3 areas across the front from north to south.

In the northern sector it will stay a combined arms game with the usually sort of brigs and lots of naval play.

In the middle section will be purely inf brigades with a few very light tanks, nothing heavier than a PZ2. This will give a real inf v inf type of game which could be alot of fun. These inf brigades would need ATGs etc.. but maybe just the lighter ones.

In the southern sector it would be only armour brigs with even less inf than they have at the minute. They would also have to have some of the heavier ATGs in the spawnlist. It would also be fun to have specific type bigades. For example a 4G brig with a few lighter panzers for recon.

I think the tankers would really relish the chance of doing some big tank on panzer engagements without having to be worried about sappers.

I don't think this scenario would suit unlimited supply like alot of intermissions are as it could turn into a bit of a tiger, sherm fest but perhaps a quick supply timer would be good.

All in all I think this intermission would provide some good inf vs inf, tank on panzer combat and up north a good combined arms game.

Rifles Galore

Players as a whole need more practice with rifles and need to learn how to make due with what they have rather than respawn a different unit. So my idea is to have a crapload of riflemen available to spawn but having other infantry units extremely limited. Tanks/planes could be knocked back too or could stay the same as long as ATG/AAA are available. Though we wouldn't need later tier equipment, just the early stuff will be just fine. The idea is to get people more exposed to riflemen so they won't be afraid to use them in the real game when often times rifles are the last unit left in supply.

Battle of the Bulge

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, if my memory serves true. We could have a Bulge scenario where Allied troops have pocketed themselves in the German line in and around Bastogne (we could extend it the pocket further out of Bastogne for playability reasons). I would say Allied paratroopers but that could prove a little problematic game-wise so regular troops will have to do. The Allied task: Hold several key chokepoints for the intermission. The German task: Overrun the Allied pocket before intermission ends. No tanks, no air, just infantry on infantry, maybe some German bofors and 88s to simulate the artillery barages. If the intermission ends and the pocket remains, well then Patton's 3rd Army Came and reinforced the 'paratroopers' in game. If it ends and the pocket fails, then Patton wasn't quick enough :P

When Allies Crumble

I'm not sure if this idea is even doable but I'll still say it. What if France had joined Germany as its ally? We could have the British fight the Germans AND the French assuming it was possible codewise. Kind of an inverse of roles for Britian and Germany. Could you imagine who would win--the French Char or the British Matilda? I just think that kind of scenario would be fun.

Rifles Galore

Players as a whole need more practice with rifles and need to learn how to make due with what they have rather than respawn a different unit. So my idea is to have a crapload of riflemen available to spawn but having other infantry units extremely limited. Tanks/planes could be knocked back too or could stay the same as long as ATG/AAA are available. Though we wouldn't need later tier equipment, just the early stuff will be just fine. The idea is to get people more exposed to riflemen so they won't be afraid to use them in the real game when often times rifles are the last unit left in supply.

Battle of the Bulge

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, if my memory serves true. We could have a Bulge scenario where Allied troops have pocketed themselves in the German line in and around Bastogne (we could extend it the pocket further out of Bastogne for playability reasons). I would say Allied paratroopers but that could prove a little problematic game-wise so regular troops will have to do. The Allied task: Hold several key chokepoints for the intermission. The German task: Overrun the Allied pocket before intermission ends. No tanks, no air, just infantry on infantry, maybe some German bofors and 88s to simulate the artillery barages. If the intermission ends and the pocket remains, well then Patton's 3rd Army Came and reinforced the 'paratroopers' in game. If it ends and the pocket fails, then Patton wasn't quick enough :P

When Allies Crumble

I'm not sure if this idea is even doable but I'll still say it. What if France had joined Germany as its ally? We could have the British fight the Germans AND the French assuming it was possible codewise. Kind of an inverse of roles for Britian and Germany. Could you imagine who would win--the French Char or the British Matilda? I just think that kind of scenario would be fun.

I really like the Bastogne and Allies idea, i do think Paratroopers would be fine(if only there was snow in the game it would be more realistic). If the bastogne thing were to happen we would need a big forest(thats where alot of arty barrages happened).

Heres some of my ideas

i'm sure this has been done before but what about a scenario with the "Battle of Britain" germans get e1-e4s and he111s and brits get spit1a and Hurricane 1.

Since not alot of massive sea battles occur we could have a big destroyer vs destroyer battle with lets say Bell 14 for allies(bombs) and 87s for axis.

Operation Market Garden- We could get some paratroopers to drop on Eindhoven and other towns along the river where it happened(the rhine I think) and the allies must hold until either an armored column reaches them like it was suppose to happen or until Intermission ends, and axis needs to recapture the towns(idea is to let allies have the intended towns then counter attack)

If these ideas have been done before....which is most likely then meh might be well to do it again.

Edited by Kroni

I'd like to see like a Battle of the Bulge sorta thing, where there is snow everywhere and all the germans spawn in at Bastogne and the allies paratroop into positions around it and attack.

What about a Pointe du Hoc event?

Allies load onto FMB's, *msp's on the FMB's would aid in getting people* maybe use like the dover clifs,or somethnig like that?allies have to climb up,Germans have to set up and defend?Main target would be like RL,allies need to blow up guns *which could be played by any ATG's*?

Battle of the Bulge would be fun too,or using one of those islands in the zees for a Midway type thing,fighting Germans would be odd though :D

Battle fo the bulge would be cool too!

I liked Kroni's idea, because it seems that intermission is fun for the first hour or so, then everyone's either having great fun or going insane out of boredom/want for the new campaign to start. It happens every campaign.

So instead, we have a special event like that, and it runs for the entire intermission so its like a very short campaign, but a lot more fun.

So instead of random battles and 20 vs 20 DD battles, how bout a ongoing hold-the-line thing? sounds good to me.

S! :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0