Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Intermission Submissions Thread ..........

61 posts in this topic

How about an intermission where armour can spawn in the Zeelands and everything south of twerp is neutral - a Northern flavour

Just an idea' date=' fatal three way. Brits vs France vs Germany. Imagine all three sides attacking Antwerp....[/quote']

that can not be done due to Coding Issues, sorry :(

Simple idea that would mean just turning off a few units. Which I know is possible.

Stalingrad.

Infantry only. No sappers however, nor Paratroopers.

Light vehicles only (trucks, half tracks, scout cars).

Would be fought over a major waterway big city - if possible locking some CP's so the city is eternally contested and split in half? Dunno. FMBs permitted.

EDIT: also, russian flags for the allies!

Edited by josephy7

I would loooove that idea of one of the castles being defended by the Rats/HC and attacked by players, or vice-versa. Extremely small-area defenses like that (for example a house or castle) are very thrilling and fun-sounding ideas :)

There's a little piece of land in AB59. It would be a really cool place to have a tank and inf battle. It's a flat piece of concrete with a uniform hill around it. Would be really really fun to try that out I think.

In this intermission can we get "Battle of Britain!!!"

Allied have Towns in England only and both side have only one ao even high pop.

pliiiz

-nup

I for one would love to see a Battle of Britian,its what i wanted to see when i first started ww2ol. After my first map, as a LW 110 pilot ( forget the number, germany won over france ) i thought it would go into a battle for britian, i was wrong. :( So, id say BoB or at least a map that keeps going once france is out. ( which will not happen because the RAF, i returned to the true AF ) ;)

That or as a later in game player ( although i own a boxed copy of the first year ww2ol, looks so cool, and with a touch of more hardcore, which i like ), id love to see whats it was like before gamey things such as MS and UMS, firebase is ok either way, would be very interesting i think to try a map again without the "easy mode" changes.

Possibly, instead of doing a normal map, what about smaller, more 'operations' based maps that would bring out not only battles from the fall of france and battle of britain but others as well? Games would last a week or 2 and focus more on one area rather than large.

Would also like to see a game where only 1940s equ is used, like in the old ww2 online ( which i never had a chance to see ), as we often spend so much time fighting with high gear we never get a chance to use the 1940 gear which is under used but full of tactics if you ask me.

What about a Pointe du Hoc event?

Allies load onto FMB's, *msp's on the FMB's would aid in getting people* maybe use like the dover clifs,or somethnig like that?allies have to climb up,Germans have to set up and defend?Main target would be like RL,allies need to blow up guns *which could be played by any ATG's*?

Pointe du hoc would be an awesome event. We can crawl up the cliffs to simulate the ladders/ropes.

This is an intermission thread though so it wouldnt really work for intermission. More of a special event :)

Also don't ask for battle of britain events people - they aren't as fun as they sound especially for inf/tank players!!

Edited by khbigjoe

Heres some of my ideas

i'm sure this has been done before but what about a scenario with the "Battle of Britain" germans get e1-e4s and he111s and brits get spit1a and Hurricane 1.

Since not alot of massive sea battles occur we could have a big destroyer vs destroyer battle with lets say Bell 14 for allies(bombs) and 87s for axis.

If these ideas have been done before....which is most likely then meh might be well to do it again.

Remember the main BoB was the air defence of the Uk . However the destruction of German transports in the Channel Ports was equally important to British Victory.

Maintaing Naval Superiority in the Channel was crucial too. The RN needed to do so both to prevent the invasion and to protect Channel convoys. Likewise Jerry needed to gain control to invade Britain And protect thier own channel convoys.

As far as the armies are concerned there would be AAA defence, and Parra, and comando raids by both sides

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerd viewpost.gif

Just an idea, fatal three way. Brits vs France vs Germany. Imagine all three sides attacking Antwerp....

that can not be done due to Coding Issues, sorry :( __________________

JAMMYMAN

Special Events Director/Intermission Coordinator

WWII Online – Battleground Europe

Retired Axis CinC 1 / 13 / 2008

So I take it Jammyman ,

That the 100 days in 1940 is out?

Le Grande Armee 1940 style tries to capture Brussels and destroy the alliance tween the British and "Prussian" forces before thier armies join.

Pointe du hoc would be an awesome event. We can crawl up the cliffs to simulate the ladders/ropes.

This is an intermission thread though so it wouldnt really work for intermission. More of a special event :)

Also don't ask for battle of britain events people - they aren't as fun as they sound especially for inf/tank players!!

Yeah makes sense,you would need crazy people only to do the Pointe du Hoc.

As for Battle of Britain events,its basicly the same as always except

1. longer flight for both sides.

2.Naval camp.

3.TT's full of people slowley sinking *plays Titanic theme*

Intermission:

-Frontline shortened to 10 towns or so in the dinant with a lot of towns at short distance.

-Unlimited AO's

-Unlimited supply tier 2 (no tiger no s76 no church7)

and play!

Lets do it :)

bring back the game to when it first came out.. no MSP's :o ride into town for battle... im pretty sure thats how it happened in real life... but correct me if im wrong *wink*

I have to agree with friendly fire

EDIT: The smiley didn't work out, so insert evil smiley here

War in 1938

Hitler planned an invasion of Czechoslovakia and go to war if France and UK did not succumb to his demands.

But they did, in the Munich Betrayal.

But what if UK and France did go to war over Czechoslovakia...?

Map: Traditional camp start map.

Inf: All units

Para: Rifle and SMG *only*, German and French *only*, and limited

ATG/AA No Bofors, but all T0 items allowed.

Pullers: all

Tanks:

German Pz2, Pz3F

French R35, S35, Char (limited)

UK: A13, Matty, Vikky

Aircraft:

German: 109E-1, 110, Stuka, He111

French: H75, Blen IV

UK: Hurricane, Blen I, Blen IV

In 1938 Germany was seriously weak in armor and ATG, but did have a powerful air force. The German military knew this make contingencies (and planned a coup against Hitler if he did go to war).

The allies have it easy, as long as they can hold out against the Luftwaffe.

Para forces was a new unit, and it was in limited quantity.

Axis will be tested to limit to stop the superior allied armor.

This scenario will show how weak the Axis was, and underscore how quickly things changed by the time of Sept 1939.

Edited by frantish

I think a Bastard Unit Intermission would be cool, Only units that people despise are available in the spawn list. If there the only tanks availible are R35s then the R35 will own.

Tier O

Air units

-No Spitfires

- No 109-e4

- No Dewo

- no DB-7/havoc

This way people will get to use all the under utilized Planes without being at a disadvantage.

Only these tanks are available and h-39s in fairly limited numbers

Tanks

R35s,

-H-39s,

-Vickeys

-A-13s,

-Pz IIcs

-38ts

ATGs

No 88s (don't need them anyway with no Chars and N Mattys)

That is all, The Intent of this intermission is awesome Hurricane vs 110 Dogfighting that is all to rare ingame but was very common IRL.

As well As get players trigger time on the R-35 and ATR witch are neglected units

>> I also second returning to the "old rules" intermission if that is possible. Let us see what it was like... maybe we will like it, lol.

Backround: D-Day "Operation Overlord" Did take place at Normandy (Which is not scripted...) But,Calais was a option,So what if it took place there?

REQURMENTS:

**** load of freightors,DD's,And farmiles (Landing boats) in Dover Harbor

They will sail 1-2 hours while germans get beach defences ready.

-German high command will configure 6 flags (4 army,2 LW) to handle.

-Allied high command will have 8 divisions (3 navy,3army,And 2 RAF) to handle the initial invasion.

Rules:

-Only 3-4 tigers,Being realisistic.

-no allied armor/Atgs...But once Calais port is taken,You cna put in sherms/Ect from the harbor.

-Allied may use all inf.

-All air may be used,yes i know during DDay the Luftwaffe had like nothing,But lets make it fair :)

-Only a limited number of Tigers/IVg's to make it fair (to be decided)

-Allies may have unlimited boat usage

-Germans may have x2 as many 88's (BEcause they had beach defences arleady set up)

-Germany may begin setting up 1-2 hours before allied fleet sets sail

-Germany's fleet is crap,No german navy usage.

-Allied paratroopers may be used to cap Depots/Ect/Para in before the main landing force

-To keep from overkill,NO Allied LMG's into the beachead is secure (Calais is captured)

-allies may use Depots in calais once captured.

-Allies may send flags into Calais and other towns once secure

-Allies should use paras to cap Calais port before sending the invasion force,Because AI will **** up your landing farmiles...

-Because france got owned by germany in 1940,France will be represented by the US,So all france divisions used will be US.

-HC may decide if it wants British or US divs,but no mattor what no more then the amount said.

ALLIED VICTORY:

-Beachead gained,5 towns captured in the 7 day period intermission

GERMAN VICTORY: Hold allies from capturing eadlest 5 towns in the 7 day period

Hao do you guys liek?

Edited by airraid

Maybe a Battle of Britain intermission soon :D? Or maybe just Naval/Bombers in Zeelands? Just a thought ... Thanks!

Edited by Vozz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0