Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Intermission Submissions Thread ..........

61 posts in this topic

A couple weeks back, I posted the following in the Barracks Forum:

OK, while we are playing with the tiers, why don't we start with Tier 0 approximating September, 1939?

- No British forces; they're still in the UK getting ready to come to France.

- Most German tanks and air units are in Poland, so they only have the Pzkw IIc, Pak 35/36, and Flak 30. (Maybe need to include some Pzkw IIIf's to balance it a little better.) Also, the Germans would only be in Germany, so it would probably require more towns along the German-French border to do this.

- French are not fully mobilized, they are in better shape than the Germans with H-39s, R35s, CAmle's, and 25 mm SAmle's. No S35's, no Char B1's, no Panhard's.

Tier 1 would be the Phony War tier...

-Add British forces, but no Matty's yet.

- For the Germans, add IIIf's (if not there already), 38(t)'s, 232's, and Flak 36's.

- For the French add S35's (no Char B1's), Panhards, and 47 mm's.

- Also, add Bofors for all

Tier 2 would then be our current Tier 0.

As a scenario, we could run the Tier 0 described above for a couple of days, then the Tier 1 described above for 3-4 more days.

Ultimately,

the rats should make the game historical senario based.

IE. First battle is battle of Britain (and france as the only french vs german resistance). Depending on the outcome (which obviously france is outnumbered, would usually mean a german win). The senario stops and then the game launches into the second senario.

second senario/battle is in africa.

Depending on the outcome. Germans either lose africa or defeat the allies.

If the germans lose africa the third senario goes to russian's and german front over poland.

IF germans win africa. It goes back to first senario, but D day landing. (allies get higher tier at start to facilitate the push into europe).

Then as france is taken back (that is the victory conditions). IF allies win, the scenario pops to russian and polish campaign. If germans win, it pushes back to africa.

ect ect ect

This way, the entire war is played out. It's more gear bases to winning "campaigns" and allows for different types of fighting terrain. When are we EVER going to see africa?!

How about no intermission, well maybe one day, no half a day, then start the map again. pleeese

Why do all the intermissions need to be so special?

How about try a few of these:

1. Turn on all the icons. Let everyone see every tag, friendly and enemy.

2. FF = ON.

3. Joules x10. A little edit in joules, make everything bullet/bomb 10x as powerful.

What the heck, it's only intermission....

Get ride of this bs mini camp. I resubbed a couple of weeks ago for this bs. Stop trying to make this game arcade like. All players are confined to one or two areas on map. Who was the brain child to come up with this???

seen something in the email that the US troops were to be in saying sometihng like (garunteed) i been playing for 9 yrs would like to actually want to Go that route. I dont play french or German side , and Brit side is rarely used, only fr have missions. like to see US in finally. since I dont get much play time till someone uses the Brits. and now we have this and that even kills more of my WW2ol time.

For next intermission, let's all patch up to 1.35.6 and then give each tier a 48hr window to really see how these PPOs will play out against the specific equipment sets before going into a campaign right away.

End intermission with a 24 hr free for all and discussion on what needs to accompany these new PPOs to make balance stuff out.

My point is that we can't just do free for all intermission and expect an accurate assessment of the new stuff.

I hope this thread is not outdated.

On 31.3.2018 at 9:06 AM, Zebbeee said:

Intermission idea : deactivate depot spawning (set spawnlists to zero)

I like that idea. I also really like the mentioned idea to bring the game back to how battles did work 10 or 15 years ago for a short period of time. Should be a special event best put in place in case of an anniversary. But I see a lot op people getting confused over this, especially new players so it has to be announced and communicated early and well. If it works, it could attract old players offer a lot of fun.

---

A scenario I'd like to see (if we didn't have this before) is the battle of Dunkirk: Allies start with a pocket at the coast. They have to hold that pocket against german ground troops that lack most of their Panzer supplies (due to the famous halt order or "Haltebefehl" and Görings promise the Luftwaffe can do the job on it's own). Allies have to ship TTs from UK to that pocket and back while protecting those TTs with everything that floats. They could even use FMBs to simulate smaller vessels used to evacuate. DDs and RAF are guarding the TTs - Luftwaffe is on the hunt for them. If the brits manage to evacuate a certain number of ships, they win - medals for the TT captains! If they loose the pocket before they can do so, they loose. Possible additional condition: UK ground supply bleeds out with every ship that sails from that pocket to the UK. If you loose too many ships on the way back, you won't hold the pocket for sure. So make them count.

We have no larger navy vessels so the german navy should be restricted to FMBs and probably a handfull of DDS- elso we got no resemblance of the home fleet crushing a german destroyer or cruiser fleet on the hunt for their convoys.

To me this could result in a fierce and interesting battle that involves all branches in combined operations. It would resemble an historic event somewhat accuarate (sorry guys, I really don't want to play the battle of the bulge without snow) while offering some gameplay we see very seldom in game (convoy raids).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0