• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phoenix

The Beast Lives! (42C no bios adjustments)

10 posts in this topic

Started out as 39-42C on the CPU on first powerup into the bios. Now the fun part. edit: The 2 case fans are on low..side cover off...no cable management yet. Will update with info or questions. Thanks for all the help! :)

beastlives.jpg

Few BIOS questions:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo

1) CPU EIST mode? Enabled or Disabled? Looks like it adjusts voltage etc, when the CPU isnt under load

2) Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode.

Options are: IDE, AHCI, or RAID/IDE?

Reading this isnt too comforting: (the problems section)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Host_Controller_Interface

I have a SATA hard drive and DVD burner. Not running RAID.

Started out as 39-42C on the CPU on first powerup into the bios. Now the fun part. edit: The 2 case fans are on low..side cover off...no cable management yet. Will update with info or questions. Thanks for all the help! :)

beastlives.jpg

oooooo yea get those cables out of the way and it will do better.

was your room 95F? (35C)

You ought to enable those thermal protections. better it shutting off your 1337 killing streak then your cpu burning up and then ending your 1337 killing.

I'd just enable those two CPU ones. the thermal protection and fan.

1. EIST allows CPU voltage drop when it declocks, used in conjunction with C1E on a core 2 duo. When overclocking, people normally disable both or disable only EIST and enable C1E which allows the CPU to lower clocks(use the 6 multiplier under light load) without lowering the CPU voltage which could cause problems if it were to lower voltage too much for the higher than stock clock speeds. If you aren't overclocked enable both to save some energy.

2. IDE is native EIDE support which requires no additional driver for the OS to use which is a good choice for XP/2000/server 2003. AHCI and RAID enable the onboard SATA RAID ROM at boot for control of the drives. This is good for Vista/7/server 2008 as they are able to use NCQ which improves hard drive performance somewhat. If you use this RAID/AHCI ROM it will add another 5 seconds to boot or so and in XP/2000/S2003 will require the driver from floppy. Vista/7/S2008 already have a usable driver as far as I know.

oooooo yea get those cables out of the way and it will do better.

was your room 95F? (35C)

You ought to enable those thermal protections. better it shutting off your 1337 killing streak then your cpu burning up and then ending your 1337 killing.

I'd just enable those two CPU ones. the thermal protection and fan.

There's always thermal protection on the Intel systems, the only options he has to play with are a temperature alarm and variable fan speed control based on temps. As I reacall even the stock HSF even has a on board thermal sensor that controls speed as well.(I kinda wish it didn't)

There's always thermal protection on the Intel systems' date=' the only options he has to play with are a temperature alarm and variable fan speed control based on temps. As I reacall even the stock HSF even has a on board thermal sensor that controls speed as well.(I kinda wish it didn't)[/quote']

lol mine doesnt.

2u8cc1y.jpg

Can't even run it off the mainboard header pulls to many amps.

lol mine doesnt.

2u8cc1y.jpg

Can't even run it off the mainboard header pulls to many amps.

That's not a stock Intel HSF assembly from the looks of it. :/

That's not a stock Intel HSF assembly from the looks of it. :/

haha no Quad Copper Heatpipes on a aluminum Rad with the fan from the thermal take volcano 12 cooler.

72.5Cfm is pretty lol. keep this cpu under 105F

Do a extremely good job and cleaning up any thermal paste and you really only need to spread out a paper sheet thin layer of paste. to much paste is almost as bad as no paste.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0