Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

ATi Catalyst Driver Problems...This Needs a sticky

298 posts in this topic

Well i have been playing with the 9.12 since it came out.

Sometimes the system crashes (driver) and need to restart the game. I tuned the settings some, to get the least crashes. I can play 6hrs without an crash sometimes.

However the 9.11 didnt work at all. And now i can at least manege to kill some stuff :) Though with poor 3d specs its hard to see those grey muppets in the bushes. :s

But i need to adres that the ATI still has major problems with this game. For instance, i have to disable all 3d settings and get very poor videoquality for this game to work somewhat properly. With my old i had better quality.

Intel Quad

Hd5770 1gb

Intel P45

Corsair ddr3 1800

I have similar PC for few days and 1 crash after 1h of game . I did the following modification in my setting

Uncheck triple buffering in ATI setting ( Open GL)

Uncheck V-Sinchr in game

I din't have any crash since this modifications. Perhas I will have some in future but if some want to test that.

Here are some config screens, maybe it will help. I also remember that u should really change the Souncard to the card u are using, not the primary.

I run Win7 x64 (tried x86), the game i also run in 1680x1280 (or something):

Also read this, its pretty clearyfying: http://www.gamexploits.com/wwii-online/guides/917-wwiiol-settings-guide/

th_ati2.png

th_wwii1.png

th_wwii2.png

th_wwii3.png

Dont only stare at the video settings, i have seen games crash because of the soundcard settings. Its so dissapointing that u can build a hightech pc, but not get it to work proberly. Alt-Tab issue i only have in beta with 9.12 and hd5770.

My game setting is similar as yours. My sound card is specified in game setting too.

I Dont use my realteck motherboard sound card , but an Audigy card.

The game seems to be stable now but I never play long time generaly, rarely more than 2Hours.

Edited by SOLOJE

BTW I may have found a fix for this, but I cannot test it until Monday when I get my RMA'd RAM back. It has to do with the delay timer for your video card to be counted as not responding or something. I changed it for a couple days before I sent the RAM back and it worked.

Clicky

I changed my TdrDelay value to 10 instead of the default 2.

BTW I may have found a fix for this, but I cannot test it until Monday when I get my RMA'd RAM back. It has to do with the delay timer for your video card to be counted as not responding or something. I changed it for a couple days before I sent the RAM back and it worked.

Clicky

I changed my TdrDelay value to 10 instead of the default 2.

As i see it, this fix comes with Vista Sp1. So Win7 should already have implemented it.

As i see it' date=' this fix comes with Vista Sp1. So Win7 should already have implemented it.[/quote']

Dunno, I didn't have sufficient time to fully test it. The dword wasn't there in W7 64 bit, but I didn't freeze for the two days that I tried the fix before having to send my RAM back.

"I changed my TdrDelay value to 10 instead of the default 2."

I don't think this solves it, as it only delays the hung process from a full 2 seconds to 10 seconds.

I have similar problems that ppl have described here.

When I run system below with 4870x2 I had no problem in Win7 x64. But then I changed to 2x5870 in crossfire and updated driver to 9.12 I get Driver hung etc.

Only thing I've noticed is that the time to get it to hung is just about doubled when running 2 accounts at the same time. Then I can run between 1.5h and 30 min. It degrades with lower times until i reboot windows.

If I run only 1 account, then uptime until driver hangs is about 3-4 hours.

To me it smells leaking memory? A while back I had only 3GB RAM and then running 2 accounts at the same time really was hard and you needed to reboot often. Memory just ran out. With 6GB I've never had that problem, unless playing for 10-12h straight.

Not checked current memory usage with 6GB as problem went away with more RAM. :)

Current system below:

Intel I7 975 (clocked at 4.12GHz)

Asus Rampage II

6gb DDR3 Dominator GT PC16000 RAM ( , clocked @ 1992 Mhz)

2 x ATI 5870 in Crossfire (run wwIIOL in 1920x1200, full settings) Not over clocked atm

Creative XFI Titanium Fatality Pro series Soundcard

Corsair 850W PSU

Dual 32gb Patriot SSDs (raid 0)

Windows 7 x64 bit Ultimate

Just had a freeze, so the TdrDelay didn't fix it. Gave me the device is not responding error. Oh well, off to other games until this is fixed.

Just had a freeze' date=' so the TdrDelay didn't fix it. Gave me the device is not responding error. Oh well, off to other games until this is fixed.[/quote']

Same here, play an hour and fps of 120 and then it just freezes and says not responding, hope they can fix this garbage in 1.31 but looking at CRS's trackrecord I think I'm wasting my time....

Same here' date=' play an hour and fps of 120 and then it just freezes and says not responding, hope they can fix this garbage in 1.31 but looking at CRS's trackrecord I think I'm wasting my time....[/quote']

Just turned all my settings down and lasted 10 minutes, what am I paying for? Maybe in your system specs put that we are not sure if this game will work with ati cards then I'm not paying for fk all...

Yea, I'm back to playing MW2, TF2, and Crysis at max settings with higher FPS than this game and no random freezing. I'm not resubbing until this is fixed.

Im going to buy a Nvidia system shortly, im getting impatient with ATI amateur ****. Its going to be i7 and nforce with a nice sli setup. If its not working then i want my money back.

Im going to buy a Nvidia system shortly' date=' im getting impatient with ATI amateur ****. Its going to be i7 and nforce with a nice sli setup. If its not working then i want my money back.[/quote']

The problem is that Nvidia doesn't have any DX11 cards out atm. So in the future if you want to play DX11 games to their fullest you will have to get a completely new card and not be able to run SLI while if you go with ATI you can simply get another card if you have to and run it in crossfire.

This game alone isn't worth that IMO. They can either find a fix to this problem or lose even more of their already ghost town like playerbase. Playing from 4am-10am is just sad, there are literally 20 people on per side.

I installed the 10.1 beta driver, and the good news is I didn't crash and lock up hard as has been the norm.

Instead, I heard a Windows chime of some sort and while the game it's self was frozen, I was still able to ALT+CNTRL+DEL to get into my task manager.

Doing that of course, brought me back to my desktop where I saw an error about running out of memory.

I've got 6 Gigs of RAM and have my swap file cranked, so I can't see it being a limitation on my end. Maybe there's a memory leak?

In any event, the fact that I CTD within 10 or so minutes of logging in was not what I was hopping for. :(

Frankly, I was kinda hoping the CTDs and Hard Lock Ups would disappear with this driver, though it is only a beta. Hopefully with 1.31 whatever is causing this will be fixed.

Cheers!! :)

I installed the 10.1 beta driver, and the good news is I didn't crash and lock up hard as has been the norm.

Instead, I heard a Windows chime of some sort and while the game it's self was frozen, I was still able to ALT+CNTRL+DEL to get into my task manager.

Doing that of course, brought me back to my desktop where I saw an error about running out of memory.

I've got 6 Gigs of RAM and have my swap file cranked, so I can't see it being a limitation on my end. Maybe there's a memory leak?

In any event, the fact that I CTD within 10 or so minutes of logging in was not what I was hopping for. :(

Frankly, I was kinda hoping the CTDs and Hard Lock Ups would disappear with this driver, though it is only a beta. Hopefully with 1.31 whatever is causing this will be fixed.

I hate to say it, installed the beta release - 5970 video card, not a single crash last night after playing 6 hours. It fixed everything, no problems at all. When you install beta make sure u uninstall first then delete all reference to ATI in your folders and user folders, then do a remove with what ever program you use and then install new drivers, it works....

i7

6gig

auzen audio

Edited by kaelan

2.5 hours - no crash' date=' , think these drivers did it, before I couldn't last 20 minutes.....[/quote']

Whaha, i cant install Catalyst anymore...offcourse FCK ATI stupid products they make. Cant wait till i get Nvidia and X58. Im sick off this ATI crap. I just received 2 cards, after being 3months at Asus for repairs. They went straight to the trashcan.

Whaha' date=' i cant install Catalyst anymore...offcourse FCK ATI stupid products they make. Cant wait till i get Nvidia and X58. Im sick off this ATI crap. I just received 2 cards, after being 3months at Asus for repairs. They went straight to the trashcan.[/quote']

First of all, this game will run fine with a 5 year old video card so buying a new nvidia card to play this game is ridiculous. Second, I have not had problems with any of the DX 9 or 10 games I have with my card, only this one. I played 6 hours again last night without a crash so problems are solved and have never had to send an ati card in for repairs. Why can't u install your drivers? If you explain, maybe I can help...

First of all' date=' this game will run fine with a 5 year old video card so buying a new nvidia card to play this game is ridiculous. Second, I have not had problems with any of the DX 9 or 10 games I have with my card, only this one. I played 6 hours again last night without a crash so problems are solved and have never had to send an ati card in for repairs. Why can't u install your drivers? If you explain, maybe I can help...[/quote']

Who's an idiot enough to play this thing as their primary game? I play ww2ol if I don't have anything better to do, like play FSX or ArmA2 or whatever. Which are both games that require and benefit from modern cards. I would still like to play ww2ol occasionally though. There are no released ATI 5800 drivers that work ok with this game. And I don't put any beta crap on my machine. You never know, such beta crap might even wipe your HD out. Never do beta on your "production" machine.

I hate to say it, installed the beta release - 5970 video card, not a single crash last night after playing 6 hours. It fixed everything, no problems at all. When you install beta make sure u uninstall first then delete all reference to ATI in your folders and user folders, then do a remove with what ever program you use and then install new drivers, it works....

i7

6gig

auzen audio

I install 10.1 after I have deleted old 9.12 driver.

I played yesterday 2 H without any problem, but I did that to with 9.12 so I need to test more :)

Well, I've uninstalled all ATI drivers and software, and then installed the full version (not the beta) of the 10.1 drivers.

So far, I can play for about 15 minutes or so before locking up. The good news, is that I can ALT+CNTRL+DEL access my task manager and shut down WWIIOL. I haven't had a hard lock up yet with these new drivers.

What I have also been noticing, is that now in addition to locking up - I'm getting a smart heap error. I've got lots of ram and my swap file is huge so I can't see this being a memory issue...but stranger things have happened.

Anyhow, I've got my fingers crossed that 1.31 is around the corner as opposed to a few months out yet as I'm hopeful whatever is currently wrecking the game for me, is inadvertently fixed in the new version.

Just played 2.5 hrs with 10.1... No crashes. It's a great start but I'm not calling it just yet - too early... :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0