• Announcements

• CHIMM

***Expected Outage Scheduled*** 7 day Notice   12/15/2019

Next Sunday, December 22nd 2019 outage and cut-over will START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME or 5:00 PM GMT. All services will be effected for 24 +/- hours as announced in our previous article. Game server physically relocated  Website and critical data relocated Configure the game server all critical services to new ISP's We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this transition, our goal is to minimize server downtime. Official communications/status will be posted via Axis and Allied Discord, and FaceBook during outage. ***Effective that day, server time will be considered Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), not US Central (CST) as it is now.***
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

ATi Catalyst Driver Problems...This Needs a sticky

298 posts in this topic

Yep it seemed to help. Went to 9.6 did alright... took about 2 hours and was about to log off and then it crashed. But tyvm for the links made it alot easier to find the drivers. Hope they can fix this bug

NP, i'd try the 9.7 version for a while. Question... are you using anti-aliasing in your CC setting?

Also make sure you remove the old drivers and CC at the computer control

panels, add and remove programs.

GL

They are all turned off or set to the lowest settings.

Hmm, odd you are having trouble with any version then. I only had

problems with certain version when I set anti-aliasing, if it was on i

would lock up at the brigade screen. Once I went to 8.10 I stopped

having that particular problem. I continued using 8.10 for months

until it or a later version needed to be installed. I chose 9.7 after

asking if anyone was having anti-aliasing problem with any of the

later version. I got good reports on 9.7 so I tried it and am having

good luck with it... so far. eheh

I have been using ATI cards and drivers for several years with no issues. About 10 months ago I got this setup:

Intel Core Duo E8500 3.16 GHz

8 GB RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

ATI Radeon 4870 X2

Everything worked fine until about 1 week ago using 8.x drivers with absolutelly no problems, then suddenly weird green squares and auto reboots. Windows diagnostic popup claims problems with ATI drivers. Cleaned everything and reinstalled Catalyst 8.10 - no joy - immediate reboot or freeze when logging into WWIIOL. All other computer functions, internet, etc. working fine.

Today installed the latest Catalyst 9.10 out of desperation. Logged into WWIIOL no problem but sudden clean exits (CTD?) from game about every 10-20 minutes. No heating issues anywhere, etc.

Out of ideas...

Ok, 9.10 driver officialy sucks, rolling back to 9.7

crashed to desktop after about 15 min on a paratroop drop.

AMD 5600+ dual core

HD4850 1GB

4 gigs 6400 DDR2

running XP Professional

Installed 9.7 - played 2 hours and no problems :-)

Intel Core Duo E8500 3.16 GHz

8 GB RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

ATI Radeon 4870 X2

9.10 still getting CTD...

can t go back to 9.7 or 9.6 or wtf is,

my new card 5870 coming next week.

do Rats tests the game on ati cards or BE is supported only for Geffo????????????????????????????????????????????

gone crazy at 9.9, closed accaunt, rebought now with 9.10 and still getting multiple CTDs

another 30 days or subcribtion wasted......

i think 9.10 fixed some of 4000 series but 5000 series still having problems right?

If you call no one has been able to play ww2online longer then 5 minutes with any 5000 card a problem... then yes.

This is going to suck...I just built my new machine and my 5870 is sitting on my front porch for me to install when I get home. This needs to be worked out quickly. One of the main reasons I just built the machine was to get better response during WWIIOL.

I will tell everyone what my experience is after the install.

New Machine

CPU: i7 920

MB: ASRock Extreme X58

Video Card: Gigabyte 5870

Memory: OC Gold Tri-Channel 3x2GB

HDD: Baracuda 7200.12 1TB

PowerSupply: PSU CORSAIR-1000HX

Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit

Case: CoolerMaster Sniper

VTCC93

Well...

Hung at the log in Screen...Didn't even make it into the game...This STINKS..Why buy a S.H. video card if it isn't going to work with WWIIOL.

Rats, HELP us PLEASE...And quickly.

VTCC93

xp sp3, q6600, ati 4850:

9.10 ctd's after a few mins, 9.7 seems the most reliable recent driver set for game. ATI seem to have good hardware, but the drivers let it down.

Vtcc93: do you have install the lates driver for you motherbord?

if nott do so here a fast link: http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=X58%20Extreme&o=Win764

I havde problem first then I see they have new driver for audio and lan

and after that I have nott have any promblem, but I have a nother motherbord then you and video card.

Unless you have 5000 series card forget it. No one has gotten atis new cards working with ww2 online no matter what drivers.

I tried Catalyst 9.11 beta today, but still without any success...

Still working fine offline, but crashing on training server.

I guess we will have to see if ATI "Fixes" it or if CRS does. Either way, I am not happy that my super computer doesn't play WW2OL.

I think Rats (Martini) must know what made app crash online and not offline, they experienced similar crash with ATI 4850 (as seen at the beginning of that thread).

For that time, it was because of antialiasing, but the result was the same as now (working well offline, but crashing online).

Even they don't own a 5XXX card, it would be nice if they can give us some tips about what kind of testing we need to do.

I think Rats (Martini) must know what made app crash online and not offline, they experienced similar crash with ATI 4850 (as seen at the beginning of that thread).

For that time, it was because of antialiasing, but the result was the same as now (working well offline, but crashing online).

Even they don't own a 5XXX card, it would be nice if they can give us some tips about what kind of testing we need to do.

Yes were willing to try about anything.

Rats should we do report by Catalyst Crew feedback form to amd about this or what?

Or just disable ww2o account or change card (Im not changing my card)? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Or just "were working on it" would be nice too.

What about 1.31?

There are many changes, especially in graphics, its perhaps possible that patch will be also an update for the possibility to use newest drivers? And a reason why momentary also no smaller fixes are presented?

I 'must' also play with 9.7, its clear.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0