Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

ATi Catalyst Driver Problems...This Needs a sticky

298 posts in this topic

So, I will ask the question. For those of us that are on the 6 month pay plan, are you going to give us the "free" months back once things go live in 1.31? There is no way for us to play right now, I don't want to UNSUB and then RESUB when the new game comes out (unless we find out it doesn't work in 1.31).

I think we should get the credit to our accounts.

S!

VTCC93

At the least those persons with the ATI 5XXX series cards ought to be invited to join the closed beta in order to insure compatibility.

My 8800 GTS died lastnight.

I went out and grabbed a 4890.

My Issues are on the FPS side of things...

Even with performance settings I am getting 25-40 fps lower than what I did with my 8800.

Using the 9.10 CCC (WIN7 64)

I'm in the process of tweaking still.

Update to the tweaks...

Nothing has helped.

I am going to un-sub for the time being while CRS tackles the performance issues.

I'll be back for 1.31 for sure. Guess I can update my other accounts' PC as well..

Reporting another customer with the same problem. Updated my rig to Radeon 5850, BGE crashing with a sign of crashed graphics driver and successful recover afterwards. No way to play.

Hope goes out to you guys fix the problem with 1.31. As long as the release is not months away, i dont mind having problems. However, having paid for the next 2 months, it would be nice to have some kind of return for that.

Edited by karlk2k

Hello, same here. A combination of latest ATI cards and Windows7 64-bit causes trouble. Works fine in XP 32-bit though.

A note about "refunds" request - I did the upgrade to a not (yet) supported HW+SW combination, so why would I want a refund for that? Many developers simply mark the new stuff as "not supported yet" and that's it. Yeah, CRS could post it somewhere visible (=DON'T news), but the rest is on me.

Cheers.

Hello, same here. A combination of latest ATI cards and Windows7 64-bit causes trouble. Works fine in XP 32-bit though.

A note about "refunds" request - I did the upgrade to a not (yet) supported HW+SW combination, so why would I want a refund for that? Many developers simply mark the new stuff as "not supported yet" and that's it. Yeah, CRS could post it somewhere visible (=DON'T news), but the rest is on me.

Cheers.

CTD with Catalyst 9.8+ it s an old bug

this stiky post about Ati Catalyst it s old,

i have a 4870 (OLD CARD SERIE)with 9.7 drivrs installed since 1 year, becose game crashes with 9.8-9.9-9.10....

Win Vista 64

real problem? no fix for 1 year, and new 5XXX ATI cards works only with 9.10+ Catalyst drivers

its sad that i had to buy a single gtx 275 just to play this game..i have 3 5870's first time i bought ati pruducts..sadly no xfire support for this game still but with nvidia you can make your owne profile and it does work in af1..

There is NO WAY that I am going to buy another card just so I can play BE. I bought the top of the line single card available, and even though as someone pointed out that it isn't necessarily supported, it appears that the 5XXX cards aren't the only ATI cards that are having problems. I guess BE is really only Nvidia Friendly. Here is hoping for 1.31 to be ATI friendly.

S!

VTCC93

only working on nvidia cards means alot of loss in players for crs that is for sure..if i was them id be making it a priority to get fixed or crs should start to email ati about it

god, my 8800 just shorted out and the only thing i could get my hads on was a HD4890 at a good price

which i brought, only to discover i can only play WW2OL in ten minute blocks using the 9.8 drivers to have the game instantly cut off, or use the 9.11 drivers and get smartheap errors every ten minutes

im very unhappy

Well I am on Win7 64 with radeon 4830. i tried 9.6, 9.7, 9.8, 9.9, 9.10 and 9.11 catalyst. And guess what? Everyone of them worked like a charm. Only 1 smartheap error in 6 months and even that was after a 5 hour game session (obviously that was before the whole "mission results pending" bull**** started.)

UBER Bumpage....

Have we heard ANYTHING regarding this or for that matter what is going on with 1.31? It has been two weeks since the last update that I have seen regarding 1.31

I want to test my new rig. Someone please fix the ATI card issues.

S!

VTCC93

I can't remember if I posted this earlier.

We now have 2 ATI 58xx card users in closed beta, as well as our lead video programmer with a similar card all testing.

Unfortunately, there is still an issue. While ATI has admitted a problem in the Catalyst Control Center causing some crashes, eliminating that has not resolved the problem for our game. But we are optimistic that we will be making some headway soon.

Have the same problem (or similar) here - Vista, ATI 4850, 9.9 driver - crashes every time after about 15 minutes.

Just resubbed after a year away to see how game was going, not a great start!

Well, out of frustration, I got my trusty old Nvidia 7900 GS out and stuck it in my new box in place of my ATI 5850 so I can at least play this game. I hope either CRS and/or ATI come up with a fix soon. It's a shame to have one of the latest greatest cards and not be able to use it for your favorite game.

god, my 8800 just shorted out and the only thing i could get my hads on was a HD4890 at a good price

which i brought, only to discover i can only play WW2OL in ten minute blocks using the 9.8 drivers to have the game instantly cut off, or use the 9.11 drivers and get smartheap errors every ten minutes

im very unhappy

Try the 9.6 drivers I'm using them with no problems at all. Setting Anti-aliasing was causing me problems using some versions but not 9.7; i'm

using two HD 4850 set in crossfire mode.

Edited by Jimato

Just downgraded from 9.9 to 9.6 drivers on my 4850 and seems much more stable, no crash for a while now.

Just downgraded from 9.9 to 9.6 drivers on my 4850 and seems much more stable' date=' no crash for a while now.[/quote']

Sorry about the error in my previous post; 9.7 version works just fine for me atm.

I'm sorry if i'm asking the obvious here, but how to i get a hold on 9.6? :confused: I can only find the newest drivers

I have dual 5870 (I think) cards in crossfire mode and cannot play BE (even though I recently resubbed to play the new release)... The truth is, I had dual NVIDIA cards and the game would crash with those as well.

I pretty certain there are many memory leaks/out of bounds writes/etc. in the video/game code in BE. Mostly probably related to the map code (which also resides in the heads up display).

**** I think that the rats need to invest in some memory read/write checking software like purify or bounds checker and knock out their memory writing bugs. ****

As a hint to the rats, before I upgraded to this box, I noticed the NVIDIA box would crash with out of memory errors when I zoomed in on the game map. It would also have long pauses (I assume because it's writing/moving huge blocks of memory around that it probably shouldn't) if I brought up the in game map and had it zoomed in. If I zoomed it out, it would speed up, so another clue is I think there are memory problems when the map is zoomed in. I ran high resolution 1920x1200x32, so maybe the memory problems vary by resolution and color depth.

Anything I can do to help I will. I have the hardware that currently doesn't work. I own visual studio 2005/2008/2010beta. Just let me know if I can help debug.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0