Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

ATi Catalyst Driver Problems...This Needs a sticky

298 posts in this topic

I'm running BE on Win 7 64 bit, with Sapphire Radeon HD4870, Catalyst 9.11.... no problems at all....... this is my experience.

I bought 1 week ago 1 Sapphire HD5770 and the game crashes soon when I enter the game.

Anyway, at the moment I keep my 4870 running, it's still a very good card ;)

On the driver issues with 9.11 i found that on 16th December there will be

the new 9.12 drivers made available.

http://twitter.com/catalystmaker

Hopefully this will fix things, if not im returning my HD5770 card and

place the HD4670 Crossfired back. This also results in problems, but here you can install the 8.x drivers.

Woot!

Thanks for letting me know. That's all I've been waiting on to officially recommend them.

I've been testing the ones linked the other day and no problems so far in live or beta.

I might nuke every ATI thread in celebration and start from scratch on all future problems.

Edited by BLOO

I installed the official ones:

Name ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00\4&101B7E8&0&0018

Adapter Type ATI display adapter (0x6898), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Installed Drivers atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver Version 8.681.0.0

INF File oem61.inf (ati2mtag_Evergreen section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1920 x 1200 x 60 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xFBFC0000-0xFBFDFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000E000-0x0000EFFF

IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967289

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.984, 5.89 MB (6,174,720 bytes), 11/24/2009 10:52 PM)

Name ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00\4&246044E2&0&0038

Adapter Type ATI display adapter (0x6898), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Installed Drivers atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver Version 8.681.0.0

INF File oem63.inf (ati2mtag_Evergreen section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1920 x 1200 x 60 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xFBEC0000-0xFBEDFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000DF00-0x0000DFFF

IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967288

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.984, 5.89 MB (6,174,720 bytes), 11/24/2009 10:52 PM)

It makes it much further than it ever has, so much so that I can choose a mission and when I try to enter the "world" the game CTD.

If I can provide more info. I have dual 5870 cards with crossfile on SE executable off. I will try some other way and report if I have any success.

Update: I never made it as far as the first try. It always seems to crash at the "initializing objects" part of the progress bar.

If there is anything else I can help with let me know.

Update: I never made it as far as the first try. It always seems to crash at the "initializing objects" part of the progress bar.

i would try removing one of the cards and then testing.

What I would try is:

1. Uninstall/Reinstall drivers with poor 3d config

2. make sure alle CRS .exe's are Vista compatible and admin rights.

3. turn on sse2

4. disable any overclocking in the bios

5. try the chipset drivers from manufacturer website

5. Reinstall/fresh install of Windows (x64)

5.1 remember to backup favs and outlook etc.

5.2 then it should work

6. if not, try swapping some hardware.

These are the steps i would roughly follow when i have your problem.

Maybe it can help.

Check also your sound card drivers. Sometimes those need to be updated to load the game.

Also try running the game offline to see if that makes a difference.

Check also your sound card drivers. Sometimes those need to be updated to load the game.

Also try running the game offline to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I cannot do the OS uninstall/reinstall (I still work for a living :) ). I did try offline mode and it crashed as soon as it started.

As far as pulling one of the cards, I'm not willing to do that at this point as again, don't really want do to major surgery. This is a brand new machine (Dell Alienware thing, not custom built.)

All other games (Dirt 2 DirectX 11, Team Fortress 2, etc.) all play great with great framerates.

It could be rarely used driver API calls that WWII Online uses that are the bugs. I do know they had to fix a bug in Dirt2 where the CrossfireX mode was not engaging (just using one card).

It still feels like it's problems with malloc/writing memory in bad places in the game code, but I will wait for more driver updates and WWIIOnline 1.31 before doing any of the above major surgery.

Thanks for the suggestions though and for most I guess it's fixed.

S!

Just resubbed after seeing the release of the new ATI drivers...

Been working on it for about 2 hours to no avail. My ATI Catalyst screen matches mitchlin's. I'm running everything in Vista service pack 2 compatibility mode.

I also have a new Alienware PC with ATI 5870 HD x1

all other games run flawlessly.

side note...I was able to connect one time but after looking at the settings tab and restarting it hangs on the loading game screen and gives the same ole WW2 has stopped working...:confused:

Two thing you need to try are;

1. Run SSE2 exe.

2. Dissable Anti Aliassing (AA) (use the 'Choose App setting')

I have to say, that i seem to get some random crashes, after a few hours playing. 'I just looked' and i got my Catalyst 3D specs on High Quality...so thats why the crashes sometimes.

I also couldnt get some EAGames like Battlefield to work, but with 9.12 they did. Codemasters games worked flawlessly, but i dont really like them.

Just resubbed after seeing the release of the new ATI drivers...

Been working on it for about 2 hours to no avail. My ATI Catalyst screen matches mitchlin's. I'm running everything in Vista service pack 2 compatibility mode.

I also have a new Alienware PC with ATI 5870 HD x1

all other games run flawlessly.

side note...I was able to connect one time but after looking at the settings tab and restarting it hangs on the loading game screen and gives the same ole WW2 has stopped working...:confused:

Thanks mitchlin for the reply...already had those two recommendations in place, also to no avail...The great thing is I d/l the beta 1.31 and it runs flawlessly in offline mode, which I can't get to run with the current version.

Update on the Alienware with duel ATI HD5870 in CrossfileX mode.

The new beta download works fine, and I am reporting my framerates. It's just the current prod game that is busted. I think you fixed whatever memory writing issues exist in the current prod game, at least well enough to finish your beta performance test.

S!

I've unsubbed after being subbed for a few months to wait until the release, but I think I still am paid up until Jan 1 or so if you want me to do more testing on these 5870's.

- SR1

The new 9.12 drivers result in an average 8 frame loss from 55-58 fps when using drivers that probably date back to May. Just thought you might want to know.

Is this how they get us to buy new cards, by programming frame loss into the "New and Improved" drivers?

9.12 drivers DO NOT work with 1.30 (w7/64 ultimate, sse2, admin, vista sp2 mode) although they might work for a few minutes. I guess my record is about an hour but 9/10 times they crash a lot sooner. Back to drawing board...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0