Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

ATi Catalyst Driver Problems...This Needs a sticky

298 posts in this topic

^same here

got the new 9.12 drivers on my 5750, and i can at least log into the game.

so many cthls anywhere from 10 mins to an hour of gameplay

running windows7 64bit in vista sp2 comp mode and admin.

same here garbonzo, i made it for over an hour tonight. CTD though. same set up as yours

ATI 5750 ati 9.12 drivers

just built a new system, glad i decided to check the support forums while I'm doing my offline mode testing lol.

specs:

i5 750

4gig ddr3 1333

ati sapphire 4860, 1gig ddr3, 256bit. 9.12 drivers

biostar T5

OS is XP SP3

res 1680x1050x32

Just doing offline fps testing now, view parked 109 f4 spawn point forward view. started 32fps. changed AA/AF application controlled 130fps

Windows compatibility mode tweak for .exe yes/no?

fps wise I'm better by 10fps average without tweak. 140fps now.

turned on all game shaders 135 fps

turned on AF, maxed. 135fps visually no difference noticed. turned back off.

online mode......good to go so far no ctd. fps avg 100 though I haven't flown past a bzy town yet

If you guys are flip floppin ati drivers I found there is a certain procedure that needs to be followed. driver cleaner software, couple reboots and such, then individually loading drivers then ati control panel. etc.

I dont get CTHL I get CTD.

All drivers are up to date, tried the 9.12. Now I can "play" any where from 30 secs to just over an hour. But on average it happens just as I get contacts.

A few times I have had sound loops going after the crash.

So CRS found out about 9.12, proof to them it was ATI and not them at fault with this issue. So back to the drawing board.

Now may I ask since support takes weeks to reply, what do you have planned now Bloo?

Woot!

Thanks for letting me know. That's all I've been waiting on to officially recommend them.

I've been testing the ones linked the other day and no problems so far in live or beta.

I might nuke every ATI thread in celebration and start from scratch on all future problems.

May I ask how long you tested these? What setting did you have for these tests?

I ask because if you had no issues as you stated then we must be doing something wrong. And if so a correction would be grand.

Because of all my testing and that of some others the game does have issues live, unlike yours. So could you take just a few minutes from your day and maybe update us on whats going on? Because no offense, ok maybe a little but it seems you mislead us with you statement of

I've been testing the ones linked the other day and no problems so far in live or beta.

I havent bothered to DL beta to see if it works, and I am slow to do so. Because if I do and it doesn't work then that would be even more miss leading. I am beginning to feel that this fix for the ATI cards is like North Africa.

You may take offense to it, but enlighten me to one thing that you pay for where you would find this support except able?

You posted this on 12-17, before that you posted on 11-25. Should we, the consumer understand that our lack of the service we pay for only deserves an update every 3 or 4 weeks?

What will you tell any new consumers after they get this game and they have ATI cards? Wouldn't it kinda kill any mojo for drumming up new accounts? I mean picture it, you have seen this awesome game. You get it, while the DL you cant wait to play and see the action. It's all installed and you go to join the server, and CTD/CTHL! You would review the specs and see yep my card is above the stated minimum. So you put in a ticket and the reply you get is:

"we understand that there is an issue with those cards at this time, and we are looking for a solution. Please be patient while we take months to look into it"

What would happen if you get some one to review the game and they use a system with an card with a known issue? That would be a grand review.

Does any of this make sense? Why do you feel the need not to inform us about what you are trying to do to fix this issue? We have upgraded to cards that your specs said would work, and they don't.

Do the right thing and throw us a bone on what is being done. Because as it stands I for one do not believe you are doing anything, but waiting for ATI to fix this issue. Be a leader not a follower, stand up and be heard.

Not sure if you folks at head office have posted this or not but I'd like too know what sytems your using for testing and thier configuration so that I/we have something to go on.

I want to nail this thing in the butt and the only way of doing that is to find out what settings people had on thier vid cards at the time of the problem and game settings. I say this because some folks are not having these issues and some are and are using the same drivers.

:)

Not sure if you folks at head office have posted this or not but I'd like too know what sytems your using for testing and thier configuration so that I/we have something to go on.

I want to nail this thing in the butt and the only way of doing that is to find out what settings people had on thier vid cards at the time of the problem and game settings. I say this because some folks are not having these issues and some are and are using the same drivers.

:)

I have tried many setting combo's, but it all ends the same.

But there is hope. Check out Wings of Prey if your into air combat. I bet it will be out and will run properly before we hear from the glorious RAT GODS, who can not speak to us. For if we heard their voices or read their words we may be driven mad.

I will also bet that a mod will remove my comments or ban me forums access before a rats replies, or a true believer of the faith come to the rats defense.

I reinstalled my 5850 last night (after having used my old Nvidia card for the last few weeks), and tried out the 9.12 drivers for the first time. They did work for me. Played for two hours before I had a "Querying host" error as I approached a hot radio.

However, I had also just done a reformatting of my hard drive, and fresh install of both the operating system and this game. I made no adjustments to the graphic settings in either the game or in Catalyst. Simply installed and started playing (although I did set the game to run in Vista SP2 compatibility mode since I am using Win 7).

Edited by pickaway

Ok I upgraded my ati drivers to 9-12_xp64 File version 8.681.0.0.

2X hd2900 pro's on win xp, q6600 processor.

Game ran fine for about 1/2 hr. and then shut down. No error code's came up. This happened a few times and the screen would freeze but not at any particular place.

I had the gpu's in crossfire mode so I turned it off and the game seem's to run stable at this piont. I'll test it some more to make sure that was the problem.

I just re-subbed and haven't been able to log many hours in-game yet because of constant CTDs and more recently, System Lock Ups/Blue Screen of Death. :(

I have updated my Saphire 5850 with the latest Saphire drivers, but I still can't seem to play for very long. Sometimes I'm only on for 30 seconds, other times I'm on as long as 30 or 45 minutes.

Anyhow, the first crashes I encountered were just crashes to desktop. However, the last ten times or so that it's crashed - has been the blue screen of death and my system is locked right up. Not sure if it matters, but I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, and on recovering from the hard crash Windows identified the error/reason for the crash as a Blue Screen error - my screen actually goes all grey not blue like in the good 'ol days, but anyways.

I don't seem to have the same problems in offline mode at all. I was trying different controllers and configuring them in offline mode and it has never crashed, though I probably haven't spent more than 45 minutes in offline mode at a time.

In any event, I'm hopeful that a fix is forthcoming soon as I'm looking forward to getting back into the game and spending less time recovering from hard lockups/blue screens.

I'm running an Intel i7 920 2.66Mhz with 6Gigs of Ram with a Saphire 5850 (1Gig) Video Card on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.

Cheers!! :)

Yep I got system lock ups too. Also when it crashes the sound from game goes into a loop. Wish a rat would came say some thing any thing. After Bloos testing which had no issues I wonder why some of us still are. Guess we don't count since they got our money already. I wouldn't be so bitter if CRS would say anything. Nothing in twitter about it, no replies in this post. But as I sais before this issue will still any thunder 1.31 will bring. I had a few friend who saw the preview but they have 5xxx cards and are unwilling to give the game a try, wonder why?

so far I've had 1 lock up and lost connection once. otherwise good.

Cool maybe I can get a 4860 one day, but I still have my 5850 now. I cant afford another card, so I am stuck with what I have.

Well i have been playing with the 9.12 since it came out.

Sometimes the system crashes (driver) and need to restart the game. I tuned the settings some, to get the least crashes. I can play 6hrs without an crash sometimes.

However the 9.11 didnt work at all. And now i can at least manege to kill some stuff :) Though with poor 3d specs its hard to see those grey muppets in the bushes. :s

But i need to adres that the ATI still has major problems with this game. For instance, i have to disable all 3d settings and get very poor videoquality for this game to work somewhat properly. With my old i had better quality.

Intel Quad

Hd5770 1gb

Intel P45

Corsair ddr3 1800

I did have some thing new last night as I CTD. It went to the persona page and then CTD. I dont know if that means any thing, but it was a new twist. I have seen bloo reply to other threads in this section, just wonder why he doesn't show us love, or Doc or any of the other rats. I have heard rumors that it works fine with 1.31, but I also heard that it works fine with 1.30. So why do we get the cold shoulder of the rats?

I did have some thing new last night as I CTD. It went to the persona page and then CTD. I dont know if that means any thing' date=' but it was a new twist. I have seen bloo reply to other threads in this section, just wonder why he doesn't show us love, or Doc or any of the other rats. I have heard rumors that it works fine with 1.31, but I also heard that it works fine with 1.30. So why do we get the cold shoulder of the rats?[/quote']

Could you give some information about your system and ATI settings+WWIIOL settings? Maybe I can help a bit as it should work somewhat.

Could you give some information about your system and ATI settings+WWIIOL settings? Maybe I can help a bit as it should work somewhat.

All ATI settings are back at default. I have tried playing around with them, and setting them to let app choose. I have also played around with settingi n game. From every thing low to every thing high, my res is the native 1680x 1050. In game my FPS never fall below 50(which seems low since my 8800 I could hit over 100). So let me know what you have set and I will play with them again.

Also I reinstalled my driver as I have seen posted here. I removed every thing went to safemode used driver cleaner. rebooted used ccleaner to clean reg of any thing I missed and just installed the 9.12 driver, so I dont know what I can set now. I have spent much time trying to get this to run smooth. But what another few hours trying to get the game I love to play.

And thanks for trying to help me, it's more then CRS has done.

Oh if you want my dxdiag info I can post that too

Hey Guys,

Further to my last post, I re-installed my audio drivers (latest version for my Motherboard which is an Asus P6T SE). This seemed to make some difference, as I can play for about 45-min to an hour now before getting the grey screen of death and locking up hard. Gone are the sweet days of only crashing to desktop.

I'm glad to be able to get into the game and play again, and now at least I can almost complete a mission and sucessfully return to base for the credit. Admitedly, I do enough damage to my stats by just playing, but this crashing all the time and losing vehicles/equipment in the process really has me weary to spawn much of anything past a Rifleman.

In any case, I've updated everything I can think of updating for now. It seems this problem may have been fixed in 1.31 so if that's the case I certainly hope it's implemented ~sooner~ rather than later as it'd be kinda nice to be able to play this game without crashing to desktop at all.

Cheers!! :)

All ATI settings are back at default. I have tried playing around with them, and setting them to let app choose. I have also played around with settingi n game. From every thing low to every thing high, my res is the native 1680x 1050. In game my FPS never fall below 50(which seems low since my 8800 I could hit over 100). So let me know what you have set and I will play with them again.

Also I reinstalled my driver as I have seen posted here. I removed every thing went to safemode used driver cleaner. rebooted used ccleaner to clean reg of any thing I missed and just installed the 9.12 driver, so I dont know what I can set now. I have spent much time trying to get this to run smooth. But what another few hours trying to get the game I love to play.

And thanks for trying to help me, it's more then CRS has done.

Oh if you want my dxdiag info I can post that too

Here are some config screens, maybe it will help. I also remember that u should really change the Souncard to the card u are using, not the primary.

I run Win7 x64 (tried x86), the game i also run in 1680x1280 (or something):

Also read this, its pretty clearyfying: http://www.gamexploits.com/wwii-online/guides/917-wwiiol-settings-guide/

th_ati2.png

th_wwii1.png

th_wwii2.png

th_wwii3.png

Here are some config screens, maybe it will help. I also remember that u should really change the Souncard to the card u are using, not the primary.

I run Win7 x64 (tried x86), the game i also run in 1680x1280 (or something):

Also read this, its pretty clearyfying: http://www.gamexploits.com/wwii-online/guides/917-wwiiol-settings-guide/

th_ati2.png

th_wwii1.png

th_wwii2.png

th_wwii3.png

Yeah thats what I have set. And I just tested it again and only could play in game for 10 minutes before CTD. But thanks for the try, like I said it is more the CRS has tried to do.

We regret we cannot spend the time required to help diagnose every individual's problems as extensively as we would like.

Once you are able to spawn in, the number of other variables that could be causing crashes rises. We know of one ATI 5xxx issue unaddressed by the 9.12 drivers that we continue to investigate.

We regret we cannot spend the time required to help diagnose every individual's problems as extensively as we would like.

Once you are able to spawn in, the number of other variables that could be causing crashes rises. We know of one ATI 5xxx issue unaddressed by the 9.12 drivers that we continue to investigate.

Here let me help you

These aren't the droids your looking for. It's not our fault, the check is in the mail, we ran out of gas.

How about a refund? If you had any service you paid for you wouldn't accept this as an answer would you? Also you said that 9.12 works from your testing. I am just saying some thing doesn't add up. As I have stated many times I meet all your posted specs. You need to change the ATI cards that can be used with this game.

But hey if your answer helps you sleep at night, then more power to you.

Here is a problem I have with the drivers (any driver after the 9.9/10 IIRC). I am unable to minimize game with commands such as Alt-tab.

When I do hit alt tab, the desktop cursor appears but the game is still maximized on my screen. I try to bring up task manager immediately and it loads in the background, not minimizing the game still. Press Ctrl-alt-del again to bring up task manager a second time and the game, finally minimizes.

I have this same issue with the open beta but not with any other games. Am I missing something here with the settings?

Specs:

RAM: Corsair 8GB @ 800Mhz

GPU: Raedeon 4850x2

CPU: Q9550 @ 2.8

The GPU is running 2 x 24" Monitors, usually to watch TV via Media Center while I do what ever on the other Monitor

Still getting random lockups with latest drivers. Quite annoying, makes it so I can't spawn a DD.

Seems to give a Display Driver Not Responding But Has Recovered error every time this happens in W7 64 bit.

I was having similar issues, ctds random error messages regarding my gfx card. I've got a HIS 4870 1gb card, iv used the 9.12 cats and found i cant alt-tab and what not, im running windows 7 64 bit and iv found the only drivers that have worked for me are the 9.5 cats. However i dont suspect this helps the ppl with 5xxx cards much.

My fps varies between 17-50ish, its sad since my old 9600gt performed better than this card.

My rig isnt slow either (main components)

Intel I7 920

Asus P6T Mobo

12gb DDR3 1600 Mhz Patriot C8 ram

ATI HIS 4870 1gb ICEq4 edition (run wwIIOL in 1920x1080, full settings)

Creative XFI Titanium Fatality Pro series Soundcard

Antec Signature Series 800W PSU

Dual 60gb OCZ Apex SSDs (raid 0)

3x Seagate 7200 rpm 1TB drives (Raid 5)

Windows 7 64 bit Professional

so no one can say that my rig is slow. ATI most likely wont fix the issue with the cards...that is to say even if its their fault.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0