• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phoenix

Vid card hitting 74C now in this testing program?

9 posts in this topic

Tried out a testing program. Hitting 74C on vid card. Is this normal for a case with no cable management and no side cover on one side? Fans are still on low. Kinda afraid what will happen even with them on high and it on, since I'm not sure how much decent cable management I'm going to be able to do. It's not even summer yet. Pic below:

systemtest1.jpg

I'm also curious about CPU temps, which are actually lower than what I thought they would be...

Temp1: 50C now...

Temp2: 44C

Temp3: -2C

Temp: 0C

Core0: 49C

Core1: 48C

Finding Speedfan a little confusing as well. I think Temp 1 is the main cpu temp...wondering why the cores dont match it though, they jump around alot. The cores are down to 38 as I type this and Temp 1 still says 50.

I'm also curious about CPU temps, which are actually lower than what I thought they would be...

Temp1: 50C now...

Temp2: 44C

Temp3: -2C

Temp: 0C

Core0: 49C

Core1: 48C

Finding Speedfan a little confusing as well. I think Temp 1 is the main cpu temp...wondering why the cores dont match it though, they jump around alot. The cores are down to 38 as I type this and Temp 1 still says 50.

You want RIVATUNER to monitor temps. There's a core2duo temp plugin for it that works sweet and there's an option to overlay the temp and mem usage data onto your screen while playing games. Most current stock cooled GPUs hit up to 65-90c under load. I'd say that 74c is within reason, while not desirable, it's within limits.

I'm still using an old 9700pro GPU waterblock that I made an adapter for on my 8800gt, it only hits 36c or so while playing WWIIOL and that's with my E6550@3200MHz on the same loop.

One thing i've learned with newer video cards is that alot of the heat goes straight into the PCB. Ever since the 9700/9800pros i've had an extra fan blowing onto the backside(opposite the cooler side) to help whisk away the MEM and PWM heat. Those SMD components are designed to dump their heat into the goundplane of the PCB.

Unfortunately your stock GPU HSF doesn't allow an extra fan to blow onto the PCB as it's encased by the cooling unit.

didn't change anything on my PC when i ran this, have nvidia drivers force high settings all the time except AA which is application controlled.

you will notice in speed fan only 1 core on my CPU, when i disabled the 2nd WW2OL ran better so i'm going to leave as is.

btw i'm using a the stock HSF off a old Pentium D, it was exactly like the core2duo's HSF, only taller which i thought and actually turned out to cool better then the c2d one.

BM.jpg

Try enabling V sync.

Real time HDR tears up your graphics card like no other. it's the constant 100% load that program puts out.

But i'd still seriously consider installing some more/better chassis fans.

my 8800GTS hits about 147F on that program.

temps.png

Evga 8800GTS SSC Edition

Pure Aluminum Memory shims. Lapped Surface and Artic Silver Ceramique for TMI.

Got some Huge 115v Fans blowing on it though. think it'd run at that tempature regaurdless of the gpu fan.

a1k7Pribx2k

(I used AS5 in this video. it's also the non SSC edition in this video)

which pretty much relates the difference in tempatures.

SSC's put out a extremely dank amount of heat. They'll burn out if you don't take care to apply some extra cooling.

I noticed that whiran's system temp was 121C? Is that chipset temp? Seems a bit...toasty... :)

Since I have an Antec 300 case, what do you think of these fans for it? I was thinking of picking up 3 of them...maybe 2 for the front, one for the side, all blowing in, to complement the other 2 built in ones blowing out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835129030

Should I get 3 of those? Or something else?

i got one of eVGA's early nforce 750i FTW motherboards they come with faulty temp sensors and faulty sensor on HDD activity. i was one of the lucky few who got one without video corruption which is a hardware problem eVGA can't seem to find or fix.

other then that the motherboard runs great.

I noticed that whiran's system temp was 121C? Is that chipset temp? Seems a bit...toasty... :)

Since I have an Antec 300 case, what do you think of these fans for it? I was thinking of picking up 3 of them...maybe 2 for the front, one for the side, all blowing in, to complement the other 2 built in ones blowing out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835129030

Should I get 3 of those? Or something else?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6741/fan-ac-16/Top_Motor_120x120x38mm_Dual_Ball_Bearing_AC_Fan_DF1A12BA.html?tl=g46c265s668

These push 115cfm but there 125v style not 12v

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0