Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tcck

Please check your firewall! Network setup error: Network access failed.

25 posts in this topic

Okay I have all my ports from 27015-27020 forwarded to my PC on my DLINK router. I have the Windows firewall turned off.

My PC was working yesterday fine for game and now it does not. Since the last patch I have been getting this error but most of the time the game would still load and I would have no issues playing.

BUT today it just blocks the game from loading period.

Not HAPPY!!

Have you tried killing windows firewall from services? Control panel> admin tools>Services.

Myself, i started to notice lately, that if i forget to kill the firewall prior to installing this game i get that warning as well. But. if i kill the firewall THEN load this game into the system it never shows up. I would of never noticed that had i not been reformating my drive so much lately.

I get the same msg on both my PCs, XP and vista alike, can still play, kinda.

Though my best pc, dualcore vista is now lagging like never before, got 5-8 fps driving opel, while my old pc have 30+ fps as atg being towed by same opel ???

Used to be the other way around... what happened ?

I am getting this constantly now i used to get it every so often and it didn't really make any difference to the game.

For some reason my ping is a lovely 800-900 even though the net check tool is checking at 158ms, although when i have tried it sometimes one or more tests return as 3000ms.

I've never had to map the ports since i started playing but my ping has increased from its average 200-250 :( sad panda be me.

EDIT: Oh and i've seen in the past that certain ISPs are problematic with this game would AOL be one of those... UK and AOL... yep it's that bad.

I also constantly get 0-2 fps when I spawn in at depots, usually all I can do is ctrl+alt+del :(

Not playable... where do I get my money back ?

I think almost everyone is getting this message, falsely or correctly. It was intended to give you the opportunity to fix your firewall before the game loads (and you fail to connect). Obviously, for most people, the message is erroneous - we're even getting it here.

If you are getting the Unable to Authenticate error message, please refer to that recently updated.... sticky thread.

Fixed the message for me and looks pretty snazy aswell to be honest.

But still doesn't help the bad connection i seem to be having in game.

Checknet 158ms PRI (180 alt)

Speedtest.net UK -> Fort Worth TX - 151ms 2.5 down 370 up

In game still 700+ *head explodes*

Any have any suggestions that could help me diagnose the cause.

i've had this problem the past few weeks. I know this was a big problem after a few patches ago for everyone. Doesn't seem to effect anything for me. Though I have had some CTHL's in under 3 minutes in games twice. Other times game runs fine so yeah

Im still getting this error. I have tired everything that Bloo posted on that wiki page about the beta Playgate and everything. Game right now is completely unplayable as I cant get it to launch without having to reset everything I own.

Problem:

I double click the desktop icon the playgate login box with tos comes up. I click I accept that box disappears, the cmd prompt like box comes up, I sit there for a couple seconds then I get the firewall error. Click accept, screen goes black like the game normally started for me before then im back at desktop. This all started with the last map reset.

- Reinstalled game didn't fix the issue

- Double Check my Port Forwarding - All fine

- Windows Firewall is Disabled

- Non of the trouble Anti Virus Programs are installed

The only way I can get the game to start and run for me is Restart my computer, modem, Router. Rest of the internet works fine. I can acess this website, csr, forums, etc. An connect to World at War, CoD4, L4D and some other mmos I tinker with. Its just this game and its driving me mad =/. An its getting a little old. I have only been able to play a little bit this map because of this issue. I can simply go play another game that isnt giving me this issue anytime of the day without having to reset my whole network.

Time of this report: 3/24/2009, 14:56:52

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Unknow

System Model: Unknow

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 3072MB RAM

Page File: 1186MB used, 4724MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (Have 2 installed)

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_40161682&REV_A1

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: LG L194WT(Digital)

Monitor Max Res: 1440,900

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8208 (English)

Description: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021002&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: t3.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.0203 (English)

--------

ISP: Comcast (Philadphia Region)

Router: Linksys WRT54G

Im still getting this error. I have tired everything that Bloo posted on that wiki page about the beta Playgate and everything. Game right now is completely unplayable as I cant get it to launch without having to reset everything I own.

Problem:

I double click the desktop icon the playgate login box with tos comes up. I click I accept that box disappears, the cmd prompt like box comes up, I sit there for a couple seconds then I get the firewall error. Click accept, screen goes black like the game normally started for me before then im back at desktop. This all started with the last map reset.

Have you updated your video card drivers recently? I was having all kinds of, issues Hanging etc. then when it actually loaded, it would hard lock, rolled back my drivers and it was fine. I am crossfired ATI. I see your using Nvidia but something to check.

Have you updated your video card drivers recently? I was having all kinds of' date=' issues Hanging etc. then when it actually loaded, it would hard lock, rolled back my drivers and it was fine. I am crossfired ATI. I see your using Nvidia but something to check.[/quote']

I'll try it out see what happens. I have the March 3 drivers atm. Ill go back to Jan 22 Drivers and see what happens.

I got this too, but my only propblem is an increased loss of connection 3 times in as many days...im not really bothered.

Same problem here. Ping check shows 155-200 range.

In game I am getting 700-1500 with 70-90% packet loss.

And in a few days I will be over seas for a year so my play time will be 0.

Ive got the network error message when i click to start the game. it hangs until i press ok and then the game loads and runs fine.

XP SP2

AMD 6000+/Evga8800GTS-SSC

Description: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021002&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: t3.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.0203 (English)

I dont think thats the correct driver for your sound card.

Alright, I do not mean to piss and moan, I used to play WWIIOL when it was in Beta, I played for a while and then stopped when I moved out of the city I'm back in.

I decided today I'd start playing again.

All was fine and dandy until running Windows 7 (yes I know I know, but it is essentially Vista as far as most software is concerned) and suddenly I get the

"Please check your firewall" message, hit okay, then I get a CTD with a vista/7 alert saying "The application has crashed, close or check online for solutions and close"

Instant CTD.

This is the same reason why I left last time, I really am not loving the fact that I am doing this again.

Someone please e-mail me with any brilliant responses, even if it means uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

Alright, I do not mean to piss and moan, I used to play WWIIOL when it was in Beta, I played for a while and then stopped when I moved out of the city I'm back in.

I decided today I'd start playing again.

All was fine and dandy until running Windows 7 (yes I know I know, but it is essentially Vista as far as most software is concerned) and suddenly I get the

"Please check your firewall" message, hit okay, then I get a CTD with a vista/7 alert saying "The application has crashed, close or check online for solutions and close"

Instant CTD.

This is the same reason why I left last time, I really am not loving the fact that I am doing this again.

Someone please e-mail me with any brilliant responses, even if it means uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

Don't think 7 is supported but theres a thread back there a couple pages about getting 7 and teh wwiiol working in harmony

Someone please e-mail me with any brilliant responses' date=' even if it means uninstalling and reinstalling everything.[/quote']

Why are you using a Beta OS to play games? The Beta OS is ment to find bugs, you've found one. If you want to play games try installing a real operating system.

Incredible how many people have installed the windows 7 beta and expected everything to be fine. Did you honostly think it was just a free test drive on a perfectly functioning OS? I have news for you, wrong assumption. The first RC will be out in May. I realize im ranting a little bit but i'm seeing complaints like yours all over game overs in general. Its a beta for a reason.

In getting the same problem when I try to log in, I get logged in but it gets an error at the beginning of the patching process and when I can run Red Orchestra with like 30 FPS Bloom and Med-High settings and I get 15-5 FPS in this game when the graphics havent changed since like 03 and Unity has been in dev for years, come out already!

add me to the list of people who are getting this error message. the game loads ok but i suspect its affecting my ping rate.

just had a situation were i repeatedly shot an EI with a SMG with a 4 or 5 second burst but he didnt go down. because of this delay i ended up gettin shot by his buddy through a window. it looked a lot like lag to me.

how do i go about seing my ping rate while im playin BE?

add me to the list of people who are getting this error message. the game loads ok but i suspect its affecting my ping rate.

just had a situation were i repeatedly shot an EI with a SMG with a 4 or 5 second burst but he didnt go down. because of this delay i ended up gettin shot by his buddy through a window. it looked a lot like lag to me.

how do i go about seing my ping rate while im playin BE?

press numlock when spawned.

so i take it theres been no difinitive answer to the 'network setup error', does it eveb mean anything?

my ingame numbers should a ping of 150 and a 8% packet loss. are these figures good, bad or average?

cheers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0