Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouser98

Panzeraufklaerung Abteilung 11 (11th Armored Recon Detachment)

22 posts in this topic

I am forming a squad for those interested in developing and implementing reconnaissance operations on the WWIIOL battlefield. Types of operations I evinsion include route reconnaissance, flank security, clearing zones of control, fire brigade, hot FB busting, and supply interdiction just to name a few. The driving principle for this squad will be to get a lot done with a few well coordinated numbers. Primary focus will be light armor and infantry but some air and heavy armor will be useful from time to time.

The name of the squad is Panzeraufklaerung Abteilung 11 which means 11th Armored Recon Detachment. Historically, this was the reconnaissance element of the renowned Ghost Division, the 11th Panzer Division. This division, under the command of Hermann Balck, became famous for its actions on the Chir River in 1942, where it would march all night and fight all day to keep the Russians from securing a bridgehead over the river.

To start, our primary play time will be US Primetime and our primary languange will be English. We will also rely heavily on Teamspeak for effective battlefield communications. If this sounds like something you would like to be involved in, please contact me at mouser98@gmail.com or PM me here.

How about Panzeraufklärung"s" Abteilung?

yeah i missed the "s" initially, but caught it before i went much further with this idea... wish i knew how to make the umlat a on an american computer...

hey Rommel, thanks for the bump. !S

new focus for pzaufk11 for this map is going to be taking down enemy FBs that are actively supporting attacks on our towns. this will usually require more than an opel and some sappers, as they will be expected to be defended. initial scheming involves ranged anti-armor capability, supported by anti-air, and infantry protection, to support the sappers. this will obviously require a higher degree of coordination than the simple "sneak sappers in" method. another method we intend to try is the fallschirmjaeger assault from the sky.

pm me or find us in game if you want to join up. we mostly play US primetime. we are happy to train new guys and of course welcome experienced players.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0