Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piattoni

? on Game Graphics and Card Drivers

2 posts in this topic

Ok - I probably asked this in the past but it seems the forum now drops older mesages quicker.

Does a Mac user have to down load new drivers from ati.com for graphic cards or do these drivers download when we receive our software update message. I bought the x800 card when it first came out and I have to tell you I am not very impressed with how this game looks at a distance. I still get the flashing tree/leaves at a distacne and some bushes lines are still black or black green.

I run the game at 1680x1050 on quality/performance setting with shadows at 0. I do not use the ati config. program - any thoughts.

My set up is below.

Thanks.

Perhaps it lost your setup :-)

Generally ATI drivers for cards that Apple ships (not aftermarket) come with the OS. If you bought the card afterwards (like I did) drivers come from ATI - however, sometimes they are really the same and either one will work. It's a little confusing, but ATIs driver installer knows not to step on APples so its not a big deal. Note that in the current version of the game shaders are kaput (and thus turned off) on the Mac client, thus the crappy trees. Its already fixed I think but will have to wait for another patch.

Drivers are irritating things but far worse on the PC.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0