• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
insight

a new infantry / mouse problem

45 posts in this topic

Servers haven't been down so there hasn't been a change there, and would not explain this happening offline. I'll get one of our mac guys to try to replicate.

Geez, I actually feel bad about that! hah there I am in my big burly pz IVg slaughtering a harmless little sniper on a 55-minute mission.

If it's any help, it looks like I was killed shortly after, so you were the *only* kill I got before losing that tank. ;)

Cheers mate, I'll get you next time... ;)

Servers haven't been down so there hasn't been a change there' date=' and would not explain this happening offline. I'll get one of our mac guys to try to replicate.[/quote']

Thanks, bloo! Yes, it's definitely no different for me offline than it is online.

The game hasn't changed so I have no idea what this is' date=' maybe its a perception thing, we talk about it and now everyone thinks they see something new.[/quote']

No! I have this issue too, and don't even touch Safari.

Firefox all days in the week for me. :)

Yeah I was kidding, the problem went away for one night and then came back with a vengeance. I also do not use safari, nor have I updated it for a while. I only use firefox, which I just updated...

It's nearly impossible to snipe now, which is really pissing me off...

Well something must have triggered this in the OS for it to affect people offline. The game hasn't changed and offline you have no connection to the game servers. It's not like the code has changed itself randomly.

We need to figure out what is the common behavior or culprit to even know how to fix a ghost.

I resubbed for a while so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have been following this thread for a while now.

I have the 2009 MP, quad 2.93 and a 4870 so I was shocked when I tried playing offline (before I resubbed) and the mouse was all messed up.

The mouse moves perfectly normally when you are in the UI or when you show the cursor in-game. But with infantry, it's like as you move the mouse your aim jumps and pauses repeatedly. The lower the FPS, the worse it gets.

Thats not all though. Even when the FPS is 200, the jumpiness isn't as apparent (don't be fooled, it happens just so fast it seems smooth) but moving the mouse in a way that used to make you spin almost 360 degrees, you go 90 degrees MAX. It takes about 5 full swipes to turn around, and there is a maximum speed that you can turn. There is a sweet spot speed that will make you turn the fastest. If you move the mouse quickly, you actually turn slower.

In tanks it doesn't look like it happens, but it does. When the FPS gets low you can see it is jumping around more than it should (still very playable though unlike inf). You can tell it is messed up even when you are getting 200 FPS because you know that turret starting/stopping sound? Well at 200fps it plays about 50 times per second when you make slow fine adjustments.

The jumpiness is NOT due to actually having 5fps while the indicator is indicating 30. If you use Q or E to look left/right it is silky smooth. I think it is due to the way wwiiol handles mouse input and some possible change in mouse drivers for OSX. No other game has the problem.

I managed to get the PC wwiiol running with crossover and the mouse bug happened there too. FPS was similar if not a little lower. On the plus side there were no sound bugs at all. Oh and the flags wave, can't say it's any reason to play it though crossover. The mouse gets glued to the center of the screen though, you I have to cmd-tab then move the mouse where I want it before clicking, because as soon as the mouse moves a pixel it humps back to the middle and wont move. Doesn't affect mouse look though. This is both with a mighty mouse and a logitech MX310 btw. And before and after installing logitech control center. The problem didn't happen on the G5 with the same mouse.

Just incase you are curious about the performance with the new MP I'll give you some input. Offline at the training camp, looking into the sky I get 200-250 FPS (333 zoomed in). Looking around the horizon I get 77-125 FPS. Zooming in on the large columns of trees there with binoculars used to drop me to 9 FPS, now only 50 FPS sometimes 80.

Online is a super suppressed town, I was getting 30 FPS in general. I would have had about 12-15 on my G5. Also, that would have been 12-15 with a medium vis list and the minimap off, but I had everything maxed out. I also put the max sounds up to 256 in the hopes that more channels will lessen the sound bug. Maybe it worked, maybe not. Didn't seem too bad.

2 really really annoying graphics performance bugs that I pray are fixed with unity 2... If I look at the sun with a resolution of 1920X1200, I go from 200-250 FPS to 20-24 FPS. If you watch the sun as the sun sets, once it is gone your FPS stay 20-24 no matter where you look until it rises on the other side. If you don't look at the sun when you make it set, you FPS are super good no matter where you look... that is until you make it rise and look at it again. WTF is up with that? If I lower my resolution to 1280X960, my FPS only drops to 40 so it is more playable (would be better if it wasn't for the mouse bug).

Another glitch is looking at the center of towns (offline) I go from 80-90 FPS to 25. It is not to do with buildings unless it is 1 specific building type. I looked at the other half of a town across a river with binocs, and I slowly scanned across from both sides to narrow the low FPS. It seemed to be the tall grass was densest in the area I narrowed it to. I made sure to turn grass shaders off but it didn't change anything. It's funny because on my G5 it is the exact same. It goes from 35-40 FPS down to around 20. I would think 1.2 GHz extra speed, 4 more cores, a 5 times faster system bus and a 3 times faster graphics card would get more than a 25% increase. It is clearly a bug, not just "too much detail". Again I hope 1.30 takes care of it.

FYI, both the sun bug and the center of town bug happen in crossover using the PC version too.

1 More note in my 300 page post. If you have the new map pro and want the most FPS, disable hyper-threading. You will see a boost of 10-25 FPS in general. My theory is hyper-threading is not so good when 1 thread is dominant, only when you have many different threads each needing similar resources.

Thanks for your input Abidubi, I agree it is the same problem though less evident in AFV's, aiming with result is much more difficult..

And yes it was very bad last night Sport20, I juz gave up on inf play, instead of the 30/60 deg jumps I was getting 30/100+deg jumps regardless of activity in the area, although it seemed more pronounced in hvy pop zones...

Some thing is up.. Seems to have just started out of the blue very odd... {about 10 or 12days ago approx}..

Regards Montyuno

Wow, great detailed info, Abidubi. Totally consistent for what I'm seeing, though I admit that I suppose I didn't do testing with the vehicles enough because it wasn't apparent to me the one time I did test it.

I, too, suffer severe FPS drop when I look at a group of trees (both the dense forest, but also those lines of trees, and even worse when it's one behind the other!), and to some extend when I'm looking at sunsets. I'd never noticed the sunset thing in the past, but I just did for the first time playing last night, actually, when I took off in a plane from Knokke and looked over my shoulder to the setting sun in the west. It dropped from 30+ to about 15 or so. Trees are much worse (as low as 4-5 at times, but typically a tiny bit higher).

I don't know if either of these other FPS issues are new at all, but FPS generally seems to be down overall for me in the game lately. It could just be my imagination (or maybe the influx of players that seem to have returned/joined?), but I remember being pleasantly surprised with the FPS I got when I first tried the game on this MBP over a year ago. Now, with all the settings pretty much as low as they can go, I'm only marginally happy with the performance, and it's pretty unplayable in any place with lots of trees and grass (though I still try!).

Yeah, my FPS in cities has actually improved slightly, while the open terrain FPS has remained constant or even dipped slightly. I had the no-bushes-render bug the other night and I've never had better FPS! Lol, I respawned right away, but it does make me wish CRS would reduce the amount of trees/terrain a little bit.

I don't remember installing any new drivers on my computer recently, at least not in the time frame in which the bug started, but I like the theory of the game's interface with the drivers is what's causing it. I was in Charleroi last night, had some good sniping positions, but couldn't get my aim over the target because it would jump one way or the other when I even twitched... cost me 2 units... very frustrating when I usually manage 4+ kills per sortie in an urban environment with the thing...

The other wierd thing is when I look through binos or a sniper reticle, I'd usually see an increase in FPS (probably due to the FOV decrease), but now, in some situations, I actually get a drop. Again, very frustrating when I only get 30-33FPS max on the ground looking at the horizon.

The trees have always been an issue, simply because it takes a lot of graphics power to draw lots of them (like the 3 or 4 rows of like 40 trees at the training camp offline). On my X800 I had trouble, but with the 4870 it's insignificant. To see the sun bug really well just look into the sky when it's noon in-game, keep the sun just out of view and look at the FPS, then put the sun in view and you'll see a huge drop. Higher resolutions get a bigger drop. It's weird because the sun shouldn't be any harder to draw at higher resolutions.

The other wierd thing is when I look through binos or a sniper reticle' date=' I'd usually see an increase in FPS (probably due to the FOV decrease), but now, in some situations, I actually get a drop. Again, very frustrating when I only get 30-33FPS max on the ground looking at the horizon.[/quote']

Weird, I've always gotten lower FPS when looking through binocs or zoomed, and once again it's compounded when looking at areas with higher density of bushes/trees (and multiple layers of large distances). I don't remember how it was on the old PC I used to play on (or, more precisely, I don't ever remember it being an issue), but I've never seen *better* FPS when zoomed! :)

I tested the quick vs slow mouse swiping and noticed the same thing. If I move the mouse across my mouse pad taking 4 seconds, I can make a 360, but if I move it across in 1 second, I only turn about 90. I have my mouse sensitivity turned to the lowest. Setting mouse sensitivity to the highest lets me turn farther, but the relationship between slow and fast swiping is the same.

As an aside, I noticed that when I changed mouse sensitivity, the change didn't take affect until I opened and closed the map again.

I made a quick youtube video of the problem incase some people aren't sure what we are talking about.

Please everyone post your specs in the sticky thread. Consider this a disease, we need more info to figure out what's killing the patient. Given that the app hasn't changed in months, and you're offline, it has to be something. Right now I'm thinking cosmic ray particles or that the sun has no spots. Or not...

Please note that FPS during binoc view is very dependent on your video card and video bus performance. The mouse code hasn't changed since Rickb wrote it, your settings in the prefs is (or at least was) ignored and its set to a constant value per Apple's example code. I'll look at it but why it should stop working 2 weeks ago makes no sense. Unless the cosmic rays...

I made a quick youtube video of the problem incase some people aren't sure what we are talking about.

Hmm, too be honest, that doesn't seem so very bad to me. Maybe it's because I generally have lower FPS since I'm on a weaker machine, but mine is definitely much worse. Or, maybe it's because it sorta "feels" worse than it even looks, most of the time. It *looks* like very low FPS, but that's nothing I'm not used to in this game from time to time. But the way the mouse handles.....ugh!

If I get a chance I will try to record a video with my digicam and post it. Quality will be crappier, but at least it won't be effected by a video capture program running at the same time. :)

i had this problem a few times recently on my machine.

powermac g5 dual 2.0ghz

2.5GB RAM ATI X800XT

not really a problem since it died a week ago and now i'm waiting on a shiny new 24" imac with the HD4850.... oooh i hope wwiiol runs on it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0