Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.30 Open Beta (NOW WORKS ONLINE) <<-- PLEASE TEST

14 posts in this topic

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/announcement.php?f=34

Post problems in the testing forum, not here.

Note: the sound is better but not perfect (see my sound thread). I perfectly understand the stupid crap openal is doing, but how to fix it is still a mystery I will solve eventually. There were 3 issues, one is fixed, one is better, and the most irritating one is not. I plan to add some more changes to the next open beta version which I have been looking at.

The 10 char bug is supposed to be fixed but test it (10 char names in map).

The turning infantry stutter was supposedly fixed but I can't tell on my slowboat mac.

The language bug that happens when you run the settings dialog (?something.silly?) is supposed to be fixed before live but the code has been changed so much with the Chinese I don't know what the status is. Last I checked it was still there but that was a few betas ago.

The EFFECTS bug (which is a rogue particle and probably a memory overwrite) is still impossible to reproduce on cue which is necessary to figure out what it is. It doesn't happen often but until we can make it happen when we want fixing it isn't possible. Then again it might go away spontaneously. I hate that kind of bug!

Otherwise TEST TEST TEST. Be TESTY. Think of TESTICLES and TESTIMONIALS. Only you can prevent stupid mac client bugs!

Note: my latest fixes for the sound crap will be in b17.

PLEASE try it out, even if only offline. Report if you get the mouse jitter bug (and report if you don't!). We can't figure this on out.

I talked with Gophur about the bugs on the mac version and here is the list:

(1) Can't login into beta

(2) Settings messes up language

(3) Sound

(4) Particle crash (EFFECTS)

(5) 10 Char name map crash

(6) Jitter bug

The jitter bug is apparently also on the PC version, although they thought it only affected high framerate computers, on the mac is seems worse on low frame rate.

The jitter bug is apparently also on the PC version' date=' although they thought it only affected high framerate computers, on the mac is seems worse on low frame rate.[/quote']

I don't notice it at all on the PC beta. What they fixed was how the left/right movement was too stiff and unresponsive no matter what you set the settings to(affected both mac/PC clients). Now the mouse movement is good, but it still skips on the Mac version under low framerate. On the PC version it is not an issue, or if it is, it is much less severe.

It's variable on both platforms, not everyone gets it everytime. I know know where the code is located so I will troll for bugs.

Still getting the jitter on my G5. The amount you can turn with one mouse swipe has improved though.

Changes to mouse sensitivity still do not take affect until you open and close the map a second time.

Thanks for the update. Very puzzled about CRS testing policy - how can it not be noticed that the mac client cannot log in before you release? ;)

Last minute changes. SHould be new beta THursday or so.

NOTE FOR Next beta - make sure you turn your sounds up to 128 to get the proper effect. Don't worry it won't affect performance.

The link on the request page to help with the beta doesn't activate for me.

Suggestions?

thanks

I updated the link to the new one. Note there still isn't a b17 mac version since the network issues have not been resolved.

still cant log in with .20. training server says its unavailable although if i understand correctly it should be online and 'play online' option gives me the '???invuser???' error report.

No beta training server - there is only 1 beta server and that's "Online". That one works fine for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0