Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCKING

Multiple Monitors

4 posts in this topic

I have a Macbook Pro and am using an external monitor which ends up being a larger desktop area..

I start up the game and the game loads fine in the laptop screen but the second monitor is just all black.. Is there any way for the game to only use the laptop monitor and leave the external monitor as a desktop (things running in the background I can monitor on the second screen)

I don't believe so. The way the game is coded it completly hogs the GPU so I son't think any other applications (finder included) can use it at the same time. There is a problem with cmd-tabbing from the game to the desktop where the video doesn't refresh and you see a frozen image of the game, yet your mouse is actually moving on the desktop.

Actually I am doing only one monitor even though I have 2 but its a dev only setup. It does slow things down a bit (dep on video card) but it is possible. If I have time I will explore if its possible to do this in the live client. Don't expect it though for 1.30.00 as features are frozen.

Actually I am doing only one monitor even though I have 2 but its a dev only setup. It does slow things down a bit (dep on video card) but it is possible. If I have time I will explore if its possible to do this in the live client. Don't expect it though for 1.30.00 as features are frozen.

Maybe make it an option in the settings rather than all the time just in case its too taxing on my macbook pro?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0