Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexmp

My Game keeps crashing

42 posts in this topic

When the Power Supply smelled like it was on fire there was some white gooey stuff coming out of the box. maybe my motherboard cannot support a better Power Supply so I'm thinking of buying a new computer. the new PC is a GATEWAY FX6800-01e

When the Power Supply smelled like it was on fire there was some white gooey stuff coming out of the box. maybe my motherboard cannot support a better Power Supply so I'm thinking of buying a new computer. the new PC is a GATEWAY FX6800-01e

you could probably just purchase a new mainboard. everything else ought to still work besides the mainboard/psu.

its a looking looking gateway though

Return the power supply. Your Motherboard doesn't really have anything to do with the power supply since HP has a standard MB unlike Dell.

It sounds like you got a faulty power supply or the power supply was damaged when packaged.

Buying another PC is probably not going to fix your problem. That gateway is probably going to have the same problem you have now.

Here is some advice. If you live in the US go to these sites and order the parts yourself and then go to a local PC shop and have them put it together for you. It will be about the same price as the PC you would be buying.

Plus you already have some things you can reuse from your old PC. CD drive, Hard Drive going to have to reformat it though, and video card. With any luck you could even salvage the CPU and RAM if they didn't get damaged.

All you really need is a MB.

newegg and [www.tigerdirect.com]tigerdirect are good sites.

The motherboard you would be looking for would be a Socket AM2/AM2+

All you really need is a MB.

for the price of that gateway you can purchase a SLi board of elite status and another video card.

probably a couple 1000GB hard drives in there also.

I'd 2nd the taking the parts to a local PC builder.

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already gone that route and I've wasted $3000+ on a personal built computer already and it was dead on arrival so I am kind of afraid of putting MB in. My other computer was built by compUSA. and it has been fixed five times since the day I purchased it and it's is still broken.

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already gone that route and I've wasted $3000+ on a personal built computer already and it was dead on arrival so I am kind of afraid of putting MB in. My other computer was built by compUSA. and it has been fixed five times since the day I purchased it and it's is still broken.

Thats cause CompUSA uses the lowest quality componants and charged the highest price in combo with assemblers with no actual experiance with building computers.

theres a reason they went under so fast.

cool thing about building them yourself.. there never DOA!!!

in all seriousness i've seen a 13 year old child assemble a working computer. It's not at all hard as long as you've already got componants that all work with each other.

I've pumped out 1,000's of computers by now. We ship them off by the pallets. (refurbish old computers and sell them to schools/churchs/various foreign countries for tech support centers) and im talking by the pallets.

If you take your time and do a quality job a computer will last almost forever. should be able to get a solid 5-10 years out of a desktop if its properly taken care of.

I've got a 633mhz 512MB PC-100 desktop i use to host servers with. Built it brand new back in 1997. still chugging along. i just take it apart twice a year and clean everything out then put it back together.

the personally built computer has

NFORCE 680i sli,

BFG 1000wtte Power Supply,

one nvidia 8800GTS,

3GB ram DDR2/6300,

1.3TB

6 fans,

fans control

cooling control,

E6600 Dole core 2.4GHZ,

gamers pro sound card

two operating systems

one is XP it is on one HDD

one is vista it is on another HDD

both are 32 bit

i have 3 HDDs

I personally picked the parts

it cost me $200 for the to built it

I was going to build it myself but my mom insisted that I let CompUSA build it

and it Keeps giving me a blue screen the only way to fix the blue screen is to take out my ram and put back in again the ram is brand new and I've already changed it out Once

Jeez I wish i would have known that before I had them build my computer that really sucks thanks for everything.:)

Local small business PC shop is your best answer to a PC built to perfection. Why you may ask? Well because the small business guy will bend over backwards for you if something is not right. Well within reason that is.

I would get out the telephone book and find a local PC shop near you and ask them if they would build the PC for you with the parts you give them. It would probably cost you around $200.

You already have all the parts needed to put a PC together why buy an expensive PC that is going to have the same problems as your last one.

and it Keeps giving me a blue screen the only way to fix the blue screen is to take out my ram and put back in again the ram is brand new and I've already changed it out Once

got multiple colored ram slots?

try sticking both sticks in the same color slots.

could also have your hard drives configured wrong.

Oh lord, where to begin......

The inside looks filthy, get a can of air duster and blast as much out as you can - the best way is to have it is with the open side is facing down but so that you can still reach/look under to clean it. Dust build up on components will severely hamper their ability to shed heat and will cause shorts if it gets really excessive.

The cable management (or rather the complete lack of it) is a disgrace. No wonder the company that did it no longer exists :rolleyes:

You'll want to have the cables re-dressed so that they are out of the way of the airflow from the fans as much as possible, a bag of cable ties and adhesive anchors will be enough to make a dramatic improvement.

Neither of these is likely to be the cause of your problem, but trust me, they need doing and are cheap as well :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0