Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsharpe

Looking for a Unit

11 posts in this topic

I've posted before, and after a month, I figured I'd do it again. Since I'm still here, and paying for the game. It hasn't changed a ton, there's still no motorcycles for creed, but, there isn't any games like it out there, so I can stand it.

What I am looking for is a unit, active, mature (to a point) and intelligent. You don't need to have 200+ people, when most just come on for a second or two. I want a good unit where there is a lot of playing going on, multi-crewing, and just natural fun taking place.

TS is no doubt the standard, but I would love a unit that used vent, it just sounds better.

Ranks:

Axis/Allied ARMY: Axis: 6 Allied: 5

Air: Axis/Allied: Both at 2

Sea: Both at 1.

I'm a decent bomber, a good gunner, and a pretty kick butt LMG'er. Also do some nice driving with an opel, if I do say so myself. A good pilot, though I'm not like amazingly uber or anything, but I do try.

Axis or Allied...it don't matter. A good squad is a good squad, and I just need a good squad. I look good in grey, or brown, or *shudder* french brown.

Anyway, hit me up, I'm 26, currently studying to be an EMT, which in the next 4 weeks I should be complete with, so, gonna be alot of work ahead of me, and real life comes first, so you gotta realize that. Anyway, look forward to hearing from you. S!

S! rsharpe

First off, what TZ are you in? if you are a Euro you could do a hell of a lot worse than to check out Kampfgruppe Wiking on the Axis side - www.kgwiking.com

It's hard to describe everything about KGW in a few words, we are a combined arms squad that's been around since April 2000, before the game was even released we were playing games like DOD together.. building a sense of teamwork and community in preparation for WWIIOL.

We cater to all tastes, Infantry players, tankers, pilots, ATG gunners ... you name it we do it.

Currently we are expanding and eager to recruit more Infantry orientated players (although if someone is eager to join our other dedicated Abt's then we won't turn them away)

We hold regular squad nights and one off operations so there is a extremely strong ethos of fun and teamwork within the squad.

All we require of potential recruits are dedication, discipline and patience. You need to be able to attend a decent amount of our GMT squad nights to make being a member worth it (so that's why TZ is an important factor)

We have our own dedicated TS server and in game we work closely with other Axis squads and the HC.

You will get more info at our website if you are interested.

If not, consider Lagus or Windhund on Axis side , 23rd on Allied side.

^ one of the largest combined arms squads remaining, that act as a squad should. I highly recommend kgw for someone looking to increase thier immersion in game . These guys would be about the only option left, otherwise it's follow the bouncing AO game. Being on thier ops these days even though in another squad atm reminds me of the hey days of this game. truley impressive to see them in action.

I'm US, Arizona timeline actually. Aka the state that says SCREW YOU to the Daylight Savings Time. We're just too damn good for it. But yeah, Windhund looks good, though, they need to stay away from 232's...I swear, I've seen Windhund guys flip those things more than keep them on their wheels. Always makes for a laugh when I'm running with an lmg.

www.13inf.com for Allied mate - mostly EU TZ' date=' however we have a decent number of US players around... they just talk more ****e than most... ;)[/quote']

Poker, I looked at your site, and I must say, the fact you're selling stuff on there made me have to look twice. But your mousepad with all the sapper points....is about the coolest thing I have ever seen from this game. Beyond an old friend of mine having a plaque on his wall of the entire map, and the land heights of the AB's and the AI cones.

32nd armored inf and we play all time zones good bunch of guys part of the 4th panzer

Poker' date=' I looked at your site, and I must say, the fact you're selling stuff on there made me have to look twice. But your mousepad with all the sapper points....is about the coolest thing I have ever seen from this game. Beyond an old friend of mine having a plaque on his wall of the entire map, and the land heights of the AB's and the AI cones.[/quote']

Not bad eh? The profit we make from each sale (which is about a £1) goes into the Regiment PayPal account to fund our TS server and Squaddie 2nd account.

If it makes any difference, the 101st Airborne on the Allied side is also recruiting. We are not a huge squad, but have a solid base of members who are consistently on. On a normal night we'll have 7-12 members on, on Squad Night (Tuesdays 2000 eastern - 0000 GMT) we'll have 25+ on. Squad night lasts a while to allow some of our west-coast players to join in the fun as well.

As the name indicates we specialize in paratroop drops and are known for our precision accuracy. That is not to say we don't perform other missions. While the majority of us are ground pounders, we have a dedicated crew who also mainly fly.

We encourage all of our members to keep real life as the #1 priority and that this is just a game, where we're all here to have fun. We have an age requirement of 17+ (which you obviously meet) to keep a certain maturity level in the squad and utilize a private teamspeek channel for voice-comms. Several of our members are in AHC and in real-life are current/former US Military Servicemen. Myself, I participate in the psudeo EMS field as I am a Search and Rescue volunteer in my free time.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or look me up in-game. I'm usually on later in the evenings. In the mean-time check out our website forums at www.oldabe.net and I'll leave you with two of our recruitment posters:

RecruitPoster3.jpg

RecruitPoster2.jpg

S!

Sport20, TSGT

101st Airborne, WWIIOL

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0