Followers 0
scottman

?

5 posts in this topic

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 2: Main Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 3: Main Alt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 4: Main PingPri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 5: Main PingAlt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 6: Main Chat WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 7: Event Pri WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

Test 8: Event Alt WSAE:: Connection refused (10061)*** FAILED: Connect failed

*** ALL TESTS FAILED

- Check network connection/firewall

what do I do now ?

WinXP has a built in firewall that is turned on automatically with some security updates: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283673&Product=winxp

Is that computer able to connect to anything on the internet or are you using another computer? Also, if you need more help list your OS (including service pack number), connection type (cable, dial-up, etc), and anything you've installed since the last time it worked.

WinXP has a built in firewall that is turned on automatically with some security updates: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283673&Product=winxp

Is that computer able to connect to anything on the internet or are you using another computer? Also, if you need more help list your OS (including service pack number), connection type (cable, dial-up, etc), and anything you've installed since the last time it worked.

Just a thought....he's not running that latest AOL security crap is he??? It may just be AOL blocking his access!?!? If he's running WinXP [pro??],it almost sounds like he is running as a limited 'user' & not as the 'administrator'.that 'may' be the reason he can't disable Norton!?!? If he is running the Norton Security Suite,i think it also comes with a 'firewall'!?!? That also may be the reason he can't connect,though i didn't 'think' that the Norton firewall 'blocked' outgoing!?!?

He probably just has to log into windows as an administrator to mess with Norton settings. I'm not sure exactly how to allow access through norton, but if it's via applications you want to allow ww2.exe and playgate.exe access. If it's by port, WWIIOL uses TCP ports 27015 through 27021.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0