• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
playah

Windows 7 Testing

23 posts in this topic

Has anyone been successful in running BE on Windows 7? If so, how was the performance? I was going to install Windows 7 RC at home, but wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks,

Playah

Has anyone been successful in running BE on Windows 7? If so, how was the performance? I was going to install Windows 7 RC at home, but wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks,

Playah

Rapes your installation of windows XP i can tell you that.

Works fine if you use vista compatibility mode. Is faster than in vista. About same as xp speed (or slightly less).

Works fine if you use vista compatibility mode. Is faster than in vista. About same as xp speed (or slightly less).

Same here.

Only issue with Trackir v4. Had to upgrade to tracir v5 software. Really impressed with that w7RC. Upgrade installation from Vista SP2 and all programs still working fine :).

S!

I have no problem with Win7, have used it on my main computer for a couple of months now and I can say it kicks XP's ***. Never used VISTA.

Dont have Track IR

Rapes your installation of windows XP i can tell you that.

Hummm, pretty sure vista will as well if you let it "see" the xp install.

I can't get the win7 beta....dialup and all. But when I installed vista on this box I did so on a seperate HD and I 1st unhooked the xp drive.

You can then (after installing the new os) hook the xp drive back up. Then which ever HD you set as primary will boot but you'll have to use the boot menu (f11 on my setup) to select the other HD to boot up.

You can still access the other HD and even run programs from it, if you allow access.

And this way your xp install does not get over written :)

I just got it the RC, but my mouse won't work in game. Its odd, if I Alt-Tab out it will start to work, but when I maximize the game it goes dead.

Also just got the RC Build 7100, instantly ctd's in both online and offline mode at "Initializing Texture Compression"

This is on a bare install with only Video and Sound drivers.

I just got it the RC' date=' but my mouse won't work in game. Its odd, if I Alt-Tab out it will start to work, but when I maximize the game it goes dead.[/quote']

I have the same problem. I could get practice mode to work when running in Compatability Mode for Windows 2000. But playgate doesn't seem to be able to do that for online mode.

Also just got the RC Build 7100, instantly ctd's in both online and offline mode at "Initializing Texture Compression"

This is on a bare install with only Video and Sound drivers.

Any suggestions? I will probably have to do a fresh install of Vista and then do an "Upgrade" install of RC1

Any suggestions? I will probably have to do a fresh install of Vista and then do an "Upgrade" install of RC1

Have you set the computability to Vista? I believe that is what you have to do in Windows 7 in order for WWIIOL to work correctly that maybe to fix the pointer not moving so I'm not 100% on that.

Have you set the computability to Vista? I believe that is what you have to do in Windows 7 in order for WWIIOL to work correctly that maybe to fix the pointer not moving so I'm not 100% on that.

Tried it to no avail.

Tried it to no avail.

Alright, found out that it was a driver issue, that was my first assumption but I didn't dig deeper. Now all I gotta do is play with the CCC settings more.

Thanks

i would go to the video card driver website and see if theres any updates or newer drivers for windows 7

Everything works fine for me. W7 looks good enough to be left on a PC.

But I have one problem - when game is running it does not allow to center view in TrackIr (I have TrackIR Pro4) and use TS "speak" button.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Everything works fine for me. W7 looks good enough to be left on a PC.

But I have one problem - when game is running it does not allow to center view in TrackIr (I have TrackIR Pro4) and use TS "speak" button.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Vista does the same thing and it has been reported in the bug forum, by me and others on several occasions.

The workaround for TrackIR to alt-tab to desktop, open track-ir program from the task bar and use the key button to re-center the trackir. Then alt tab back to game and you should be good to go.

The workaround for TS, is to run the teamspeak program as administrator. Right click on the TS icon, go to properties, set the check to run program as administrator. Solves the PTT button issue.

Hopefully this will be fixed in next patch...

S!

alphie

i can get win 7 to run but its only about half the FPS, as i get out of win2k.

so that either means that my old hardware(P4 northwood/agp7800gs)is just not good at rendering win7.

or that windows has gotten progessively slower and bloated

i can get win 7 to run but its only about half the FPS, as i get out of win2k.

so that either means that my old hardware(P4 northwood/agp7800gs)is just not good at rendering win7.

or that windows has gotten progessively slower and bloated

Windows 7 is krazy fast compared to vista, about the same as XP. I would say your old hardware is the reason for your slowness. The game as well as the OSs have bloated up quite a bit.

If you got about 500 bux, you can buy a really fast system nowadays, or continue to run win2k, just realize that the win2k os is no longer supported by microsoft for fixpacks and updates and most peripheral vendors have dropped support as well.

I can't use TS with the game running (I'm on dialup).

Loaded Tir on win7 and worked as expected (I did remap the "center" key to insert as the game dies not use insert key).

I have the TrackIr ultra version.

well i realize my old hardware is a limiter.

and while 7 might be as good as xp and better then vista ,they are all still slow as crap compared to 2k.

its just screwed up that you need to upgrade hardware just to overcome an OS.

Exactly to. That is what I had to do... upgrade. But you have to do it anyway - new engine is coming.

Ok - the problem fixed for me. Run both TS and TrackIR under Administrator rights and compatibility with XP Service Pack 3.

Everything runs fine then.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0