Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

*** Bad FPS bug found

35 posts in this topic

It appears something went amiss with the tree collision routine, which went from about 3% of the time to 50% of the time. Just found it and sent it to Rick to see what happened....

Appears to have nothing to do with fixing the multitexture...

same here, i have 5800 ultra invida videocard lots of memory and ram like 512 and i am getting 19 to 15 FPS and 3 fps sumtimes but more often now, last update the lowest FPS i had was 35. So ya good find. I Igre with you on that.

It appears something went amiss with the tree collision routine, which went from about 3% of the time to 50% of the time. Just found it and sent it to Rick to see what happened....

Appears to have nothing to do with fixing the multitexture...

THANK YOU!

I was actually getting better snipering if I just blinked my eyes in the proper sequence with my 3 fps...now you have gone and ruined it all Ahwulf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-) ha ha

thanks bud...

Well its not fixed yet, I just reported to rickb *where* the problem is. He's the one who has to fix it. I just get the woots :-)

But now they know where the problem is. That is a major important knowledge to be able to fix the problem. icon_wink.gif

Logged in last night DL'd patch - I spawned in at 2fps and it rose to 10 max.... :(

I turned off multitexturing, dropped vis limit to 64, spawned in same same - 10 fps.

My specs -

G5 1.8

2 gig ram

Ati Radeon 9600xt 128vid ram

All I do is get waisted.

Before the texturing was fixed, and I turned off multitexture I got 25-30fps. Right now its unplayable.

What am I doing wrong ?

Pre 1.19 - I got 60fps in the air with drops to 35-40 over places like antwerp - 35-45 fps in cities on the ground.....

Will I be able to continue with this game?

What is the min specs for Mac?

HELP!!

Stank...they are working on it....keep the faith and hold on.

Meanwhile go for a long walk, smell the flowers, look at the blue sky and

take a deep breath.

Then you'll be ready for more "carnage" when you return...

:-)

regards

Stank...they are working on it....keep the faith and hold on.

Meanwhile go for a long walk, smell the flowers, look at the blue sky and

take a deep breath.

Then you'll be ready for more "carnage" when you return...

:-)

regards

CC Im gonna be forced to go on a long walk and smell the flowers and it isnt CRS's doing, my bank account along with several hundred others were hacked and they had to reissue new Check cards, thats what I used to pay to play - new card wont be here for another week :(

It only takes me 1 day before I get carnage DT's. I will play for an hour at 10fps .... I will even put up with the new UI for the carnage... I will play tonight for atleast an hour, we are getting crushed up N.

Yes, definitey hang on!

This is a typical software project. 1.19 needed A LOT of testing because it was a huge release. In fact, it was so huge that they had the paying customers do the final testing before the go-live. I don't mind this, since I love the game anyway. I don't think my customers would accept the approach, though. Ok, getting side-tracked here...

This will get fixed. At the moment we're all suffering pretty farked performance. I'm on G5 Powermac with enough processing power, memory and a 6800 ultra DDL graphix card. I spawn in as inf and I get around 3 FPS. It climbs quickly up to around 20 or so, but is very 'stuttery'.

While CRS is working on the fix I'll just enjoy the stutter action and try to remember how the game was a few years ago :) We've come a long way, LOL.

Well this game is a bit like investing in the stock market....you pay your money and take your chances, there will be up's and down's, but mostly up of course.

Ironically, a complaint often levelled at software developers is that they don't consult nor involve their client base in the features clients want to see.

For all the "headaches" CRS provides, they are pushing the ball forward in new ways with a vision for gaming which is pretty out there. So...while the crass side of me says, "hey i pay them money, they need to give me a nice shiny polished product" another part of me says, "hmmm they are trying to push the envelope with a gaming experience which is a lot of fun, requires some thinking and involvement, so a few bumps here and there are a small price to pay".

Anyway just some thoughts...

regards

Hang in there! We're all in the same situation but your patience will be rewarded ---> soon

Rick rebuilt the speedtree library (I can't get that source since it requires an NDA and I'm not a real rat) and I've tested it a bit tonite, seems to be back to what I was seeing over the weekend. There is still some slowness but basically its back to what was in 1.19.0 so it should be playable again. The timing I saw in Shark was normal again (2/3 drawing 1/3 world).

I think this area will need some improvement for 1.20 as the collider in general (the code that figures out what you are touching) is still too slow, but its the same bad its been forever. At least the temporary issue has been solved. When the patch happens I have no idea; that's a real rat thing.

The sound troubles are still, well, troubling.

Thanks for the update Ahwulf. Good news that Rick was able to fix it so fast. icon_smile.gif

Lets hope CRS will be able to improve the collider issue during the 1.20-beta.

UPDATE: the bug seems to be related to some kind of compiler issue or option with X-Code. After we "fixed" it I rebuilt the app from scratch and it returned again :-(

More work...

update: without changing a line of code, I can get collsion code from normal (20%) to completely locked up(99%); I sent rick a collection of settings that *seems* to get normal behavior again.

thanks ahwulf...let's hope it turns out to be the "right stuff"

For some reason the other night, though I have all the map stuff off...(which had helped some what) I was back down to some incredibly poor fps rates.

ah well....hope improvement things happen soon.

regards

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0