Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malize

June 6th - Overlord at Calais - Allied Briefing and Sign Ups

72 posts in this topic

MUSTER Date/Time: June 6th, 2009 @ 10:00 AM Pacific Time

check this for your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Time Limit: 1 hour to Muster and get into position (allied ships roughly within visual range of the beaches)...once in position up to 3 EPIC HOURS!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To: AHC, commanders, soldiers

Preparations involved in Operation Bolero are complete and the time frame has been set for the amphibious assault to liberate western Europe from the German occupiers. The overall name for this is Operation Overlord. This brief deals with the landings at Pas-de-Calais, named Neptune.

Neptune's main assaults are to be conducted on 5 beaches and with 3 deep penetration airborne drops to isolate the beaches.

The order of battle is as follows:

FRUSA

1st Division (Omaha)

4th Division (Utah)

101st Airborne

82nd Airborne

CANUK

3rd Division (Juno)

UK

3rd Division (Sword)

50th Division (Gold)

6th Airborne

With appropriate supporting naval (at least 1 DD, 1 TT, FMBs per inf division, 1 C47 per air division) and with air cover to be determined after long range road and rail interdiction is complete.

To further support this operation special mobile harbors have been developed which will allow the deployment of allied forces immediately into the beachheads once captured.

Objectives:

The D+0 objectives are to secure the beachheads around Wissant and Gravelines so that the mulberry's can do their temporary harbor work bringing over the rest of the divisional forces.

The D+1 objectives are to relieve the airborne forces and secure the deepwater port of Calais.

Overlord plan:

259hbmh.jpg

28lgf3m.jpg

1tnajl.jpg

ALLIED SIGN UPS

Normal Intermission Spawning, all vehicles open...unlimited spawns. Open sign-ups for all soldier positions...armor and guns are included in the "soldier" grouping, not just infantry...armor, guns, trucks, etc. are current capped at the number that can be transported by each TT, unless another TT volunteer can be found. Multiple trips allowed for all units (i.e., multiple TT runs, multiple C47 drops, etc, etc.)

Overlord Commander: Orangel

When either Gravelines or Wissant (and the associated FB's noted) are secured the appropriate allied "Divisions" will be redeployed by "Mulberry"...the FRUSA to Wissant when it is secure; the CANUK/UK to Gravelines when it is secure. At which point D+1 operations would commence against Calais and the relief of the 101st

FRUSA

1st Division (Omaha)

Beach Objectives: Secure the heights north of Wissant, cutting off support from Calais, support securing Wissant by 4th Division. (Take out, and keep down Calais-Wissant FB, help cap Wissant)

Mustering Port: Dover

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Woolef
Burdy
Fuze
Hotjoe
Gunny55
Subrat17
Jatz
Eddie05
Mark030
Dik23
Jpanzerj
Ceeb101
Macb

Support:

DD kh21shrk

TT Jamieg

FMB

4th Division (Utah)

Beach Objectives: Secure the town of Wissant.

Mustering Port: Dover

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Support:

DD Seabird1

TT

FMB

101st Airborne

Beach Objectives: Secure the town of Ardres.

Mustering Field: Folkestone AF

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Campi
Odsplut
Raven4
Man1ac0

Support:

C47 (C47's can be brought down from Ramsgate for "reality"...JU's would be acceptable for pragmatic reasons...left to discretion of pilot)

82nd Airborne

Beach Objectives: Secure the town of Marquise.

Mustering Field: Folkestone AF

Div CO: Bluekill

Div XO: Orangel

Div Soldiers:

Tharival
Easy45

Support:

C47 (C47's can be brought down from Ramsgate for "reality"...JU's would be acceptable for pragmatic reasons...left to discretion of pilot)

CANUK

3rd Division (Juno)

Beach Objectives: Relieve the UK 6th Airborne, secure the town of Gravelines.

Mustering Port: Deal

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Support:

DD

TT

FMB

UK

3rd Division (Sword)

Beach Objectives: Secure the eastern approach to Gravelines, support capture of Gravelines. (Take out Dunkirk - Gravelines FB)

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Support:

DD

TT

FMB

50th Division (Gold)

Beach Objectives: Secure the western approach to Gravelines, support capture of Gravelines. (Take out Calais - Gravelines FB)

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Support:

DD

TT

FMB

6th Airborne

Beach Objectives: Secure the town of Gravelines.

Mustering Field: Ramsgate AF

Div CO:

Div XO:

Div Soldiers:

Yoshisan
Nelson
Jonny12
Armyreg

Support:

C47

Allied Tactical Airforces:

No avatar restrictions, however limited number of pilots allowed due to "most" of the pilots/aircraft involved in "off map"/"off scenario" operations. When all mandated ground/naval positions are filled, then Allied air slots will be increased at a 3 soldier to 1 aircraft ratio.)

Mustering Field: Eastchurch AF

Flight A

1) Hiiamben

2) Oyaji

3) Marneus

4) R4ndy

Flight B

5) Drago1

6)

7)

8)

Naval Support Expansion

As with expanding the number of Air slots, to add more Allied naval slots, when all mandated ground positions are filled then, increasing as with air slots at a 3:1 ratio of soldiers to ship slots.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mandatory Spots (CO/XO/TT/C47) Filled : 4/25

DD/FMB Fill/Count: 2/10

Soldier Count: 0

Put me down tentatively for 101st Airborne XO

I'll see if I can get more of the 101st guys to join in on this. Might as well re-live our namesake!

I'll see if I can get more of the 101st guys to join in on this. Might as well re-live our namesake!

No! make him CO!

I'm going to find out if I can actually make it. If I can, then put me down as CO of 82nd.

No! make him CO!

I'm going to find out if I can actually make it. If I can, then put me down as CO of 82nd.

Let me know.

Might be good idea, I think the 101st has the toughest assignment.

Might be good idea' date=' I think the 101st has the toughest assignment.[/quote']

Typical... :rolleyes:

I seem to have a few guys interested so far, so it's looking good. I might end up changing to CO for this if we get a good turnout. Our REAL CO has fire duty that day, so he won't be able to make it. I was leaving the position open for him TBH...

Typical... :rolleyes:

I seem to have a few guys interested so far, so it's looking good. I might end up changing to CO for this if we get a good turnout. Our REAL CO has fire duty that day, so he won't be able to make it. I was leaving the position open for him TBH...

Bumped ya up then

Actually, I should say the 101st has the toughest assignment overall...all the paratroops have really tough assignments, the 82nd may actually have "the" toughest up front...we'll see how it goes.

I'll fly - whatever is needed, I prefer a fighter but will fly a fighter-bomber (prefer Bell), bomber (prefer DB7), or even a meat-wagon Ju52 (ugh! but at least it has rear view and a gun!).

I'll lead, but will need an alternate just in case I cannot play on that day. As the day draws nearer, I'll know better and better if I am in sure attendance - I'll give advance warning if I must bail.

put me down as a soldier for the 1st division and i may not be able to make it but as of now i will :)

Malize, I recently figured out I can attend this event.

I can either:

1) Stay as 82nd XO or...

2) Take the position of C.O of this Operation

2 is up to you. If you think somebody else will sign up that can handle it more, let them have it. But I am willing to take it.

Edit: Is it possible for a Rat/GM to change the French flags to United States flags? I know you have them... Maybe even Canadian flags.... PLEASE? IT'S THE ANNIVERSARY!

Edit: Is it possible for a Rat/GM to change the French flags to United States flags? I know you have them... Maybe even Canadian flags.... PLEASE? IT'S THE ANNIVERSARY!

Yeah that would be cool, I'm all for it.:D

Unfortunately I need to back out of this due to another RL engagement. Do me proud Allies and repeat history!!!

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0