Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malize

June 6th - Overlord at Calais - Axis Briefing and Sign Ups

102 posts in this topic

MUSTER Date/Time: June 6th, 2009 @ 10:00 AM Pacific Time

check this for your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Time Limit: 1 hour to Muster and get into position (allied ships roughly within visual range of the beaches)...once in position up to 3 EPIC HOURS!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To: GHC, commanders, soldaten

It has become obvious that the anticipated Allied crossing of the English Channel at the Pas de Calais is imminent. All commands are to go on alert, the highest preparations possible shall be made in the sectors of the 18th (Dunkirk), 47th (Calais) and 49th (Boulogne) divisions. All leaves and passes are canceled immediately.

The 2nd Panzer Division will be redeployed from Amiens as soon as released by this command pending confirmation of an Allied commitment of forces above the Somme.

The 18th, 47th, and 49th are to be formed into Korps Calais, under the direction of the commanding officer, 47th.

PARTISAN RULES -- VERY IMPORTANT:

Certain towns will become "partisan" occupied just prior to the invasion. The German forces are going to get AO's to retake these towns from partisan control...*HOWEVER -- and this is VERY IMPORTANT* The City Flag will not be recaptured by German forces...the only time a City Flag is fair game for German forces in this scenario is if a Brigade (anyones brigade) is located in the town...towns without brigades (i.e., "softcap towns") for this scenario shall have their City flags uncaptured by German forces.

AXIS SIGNUPS

Normal Intermission Spawning, all vehicles open...unlimited spawns. Open sign-ups for all soldier positions...armor and guns are included in the "soldier" grouping, not just infantry.

Korps Calais Commander: Xoomxoom

2nd Panzer Division will arrive at St Omer at some point during the event, it will be "open" to all users

47th Division (Calais Area)

Objectives: Maintain control of beach areas and towns around Calais (i.e., all Calais FB's, control of Calais, Wissant, Marquise, Ardres, Gravelines)

Div CO: (same as Korps Calais Commander)

Div XO: Toro15

Soldaten:

Matt6767
Woodbine
Dukecz
Gunnie
Kleos
Shelledy
Schmo
Actual
Jakowec
GRENI
Schollen
Hotchi
Bullit51
Rote7
Rendekin
Cancro
Flysiguy
Irishflyer

49th Division (Boulogne Area)

Objectives: Maintain lines of communication to Calais, beach reserve as available. (Boulogne-Marquise FB, Marquise, Calais-Marquise FB -- support Wissant defense)

Div CO: Alpnkorp

Div XO: Imbrutus

Soldaten:

Fiambre
Dijk

18th Division (Dunkirk Area)

Objectives: Maintain lines of communication to Gravelines, beach reserve as available. (Dunkirk-Gravelines FB, Gravelines, Calais-Gravelines FB)

Div CO:

Div XO:

Soldaten:

Lant
Pkenn
Pfkaw
Kevos4

Luftwaffe:

Luftwaffe numbers are restricted for this event to those who actually sign up for event, tailgunners not included (i.e., only this number of machines and types will be allowed on Luftwaffe side) -- the number of machines may be adjusted based on allied sign-ups -- axis aircraft 2/3rds of allied aircraft numbers...additional allied aircraft numbers are based on number of allied ground sign-ups...see the Allied Briefing for more info.)

Bomber equals: He-111, Ju-87, Me-110C4B

Airfield: Lille

FW-190 "Josef "Pips" Priller" Tapok

FW-190 "Heinz Wodarczyk"

Bomber Gladio

Bomber Ryuujin

Bomber

Bomber

KM:

KM based at LeCrotoy, number of spots based on Allied naval numbers...1 Axis to Allied 5 DD/FMB.

KM A Julesr

KM B Icetwp

I'll take an Axis DD please. :)

AXIS SIGNUPS

KM:

KM based at LeCrotoy, number of spots based on Allied naval numbers...1 Axis to 5 DD/FMB.

KM A

KM B

Is this 1 Axis ship to every 5 Allied ships?

Is this 1 Axis ship to every 5 Allied ships?

Yup...we actually *want* the landings to happen ya know :)

However it works out at 2:5 DD ratio overall to start, and tactically a 2:2 DD ratio at the closest beach heads at start...if we had schnellboots then I'd open up the numbers more, but we don't.

Yup...we actually *want* the landings to happen ya know :)

However it works out at 2:5 DD ratio overall to start, and tactically a 2:2 DD ratio at the closest beach heads at start...if we had schnellboots then I'd open up the numbers more, but we don't.

LOL, I didn't mean anything by this, it's just that this "1 Axis to 5 DD/FMB" did not say "Allied" so I was not totally sure what you meant. Thanks for clearing it up. We will have our work cut out for us. ;)

LOL' date=' I didn't mean anything by this, it's just that this "1 Axis to 5 DD/FMB" did not say "Allied" so I was not totally sure what you meant. Thanks for clearing it up. We will have our work cut out for us. ;)[/quote']

Doh! ... Fixed :)

Axis in the 2nd PD please.

Is there a way to see the map as it is going to start?

Cause i dont understand very well where is going to appear 2PD and which towns will be locked by partisans and so on.

TY!

Axis in the 2nd PD please.

Is there a way to see the map as it is going to start?

Cause i dont understand very well where is going to appear 2PD and which towns will be locked by partisans and so on.

TY!

Last I knew I had left the training server in the condition the map would be in at start.

A brigade of the 2nd PD is going to move into St Omer at a certain point during the scenario, otherwise it'll be at Amiens...that is why it's "open use" and doesn't have any "mandatory" positions like CO/XO, etc.

The key position will be the Korps Calais commander...he will have to manage/delegate the fights at all the Calais FB's and all the Calais connected towns.

The scenario will basically be 4 "softcap" towns connected to Calais...the guys at Dunkirk and Bolougne will have an easier time of it because they just have a single objective in front of them and don't have to worry about their "rear" as it were.

Calais itself will have an allied AO on it...so keeping an eye to its own defense *and* attempting to keep open it's LOC's by FB control all around it.

The critical towns and FB's are Wissant and Gravelines, which if the Allies gain control of Wissant + Calais-Wissant FB...their French brigade will deploy to Wissant...and if they gain control of Gravelines + Calais-Gravelines FB + Dunkirk-Gravelines FB...their UK brigade will deploy to Gravelines (the "Mulberry" factor) ... after which they will be in a strong position to continue with their D+1 operations (taking Calais itself) --- it is around this point that you'll see 2nd PD show up at St Omer.

DD please.

I presume I may have crew.?

Until we see a Submarine....

Yup...limits are on vehicles, not multi-crews.

I just noticed, because I did not read well, that the Allied TTs will be within range of the beach at Event start or so it would appear. True.?

Doesn't this eliminate the Naval conflict having any impact.?

Other than killing each other and then shelling a city.?

Until we see a Submarine....

Axis ex cinc ready to take command ... at your will.... in axis side of course :)

Axis ex cinc ready to take command ... at your will.... in axis side of course :)

Xoom already took that spot ... you guys need more staff meetings :)

Want the #2 spot?

It has become obvious that the anticipated Allied crossing of the English Channel at the Pas de Calais is imminent.

Is this a diversion for the real landing at Normandy? :)

Is this a diversion for the real landing at Normandy? :)

It is said that General Patton was going to land in Normandy...however the General Staff has discounted such a nonsensical concept...

Do you have a place for a noob?

Sure, sign up as a regular soldier and do what you do normally :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0