Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Has anyone who tested the beta and comment on the sound?

7 posts in this topic

It's hard to test alone, but it the sound is good from solo-testing.

I checked the latest version today but I can't tell if it is any better until I walk into some heavy fighting. Seems 50-50 to me. I still hear about 1 in 10 bullets hitting 100ft away as if they were right next to my ear. I would say it's better over all but I'm betting it will be a different story in the live game. For now I play on the PC version most of the time. The number 1 reason being the mouse bug, and the number 2 being the sun dropping FPS from 160 to 25 at 1920X1200, vs 140 to 100 on the PC version.

Yeah its better but really the only ultimate fix is to replace openal with something commercial that actual works. Lets hope for lots of Chinese money...

I play with the new sound in 129 all the time and it is better, but then I've forgotten how the old sound sounded by now.

The old sound was pretty uber. You could actually hear tanks on the ground when flying. It was directional and spatially positional.

Those were the days....

You know, Gopher never was really able to explain what happened to those sounds. It was one of the reasons that I dropped out of BE for so long.

The old sound is exactly the same, it was Leopard that screwed up openal. I've done the best I can do with it until we can buy something that works correctly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0